Gaslighting in the workplace

A

Anonymous

Any of you clever lot with a interest in psychology/or consulting detectives who can tell me how I can catch/deal / outwit someone in the office who I have scarily realised today is sabotaging me and my work. Things have gone missing from my drawers, important paperwork has been removed thus making me look incompetent and I have a strong gut feeling that important receipts for money that I needed to submit were removed by this person, thereby running the risk of my being made to account for financial errors. I realise this sounds like the ramblings of a crazy person lol but the gut feeling that all these events are now intentional and not me being absent minded has suddenly become possible. As Ive always said just because youre paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you. However I can imagine how the conversation would go with my Manager when I try to explain away what seems like me losing my marbles. :( Feel like Im in a Hollywood B movie about obsessed stalkers that ends in someone being pushed off scaffolding.

Workplace bullying legislation doesn't seem to fit as this ismore insidious and designed to make the person look like they cant do their job and question their judgement. Ive googled but nothing seems helpful? Ive even resorted to looking at spy cameras but that really would be desperate.
Advice anyone please, humourous or otherwise,I'll take anything.

A spy camera isn’t desperate if you believe something sinister is afoot, it’s corroboration. I suggest you set one up and make triple copies of everything you deem important. You might want to invest in a lock box or desk safe as well.

Any of you clever lot with a interest in psychology/or consulting detectives who can tell me how I can catch/deal / outwit someone in the office who I have scarily realised today is sabotaging me and my work. Things have gone missing from my drawers, important paperwork has been removed thus making me look incompetent and I have a strong gut feeling that important receipts for money that I needed to submit were removed by this person, thereby running the risk of my being made to account for financial errors. I realise this sounds like the ramblings of a crazy person lol but the gut feeling that all these events are now intentional and not me being absent minded has suddenly become possible. As Ive always said just because youre paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you. However I can imagine how the conversation would go with my Manager when I try to explain away what seems like me losing my marbles. :( Feel like Im in a Hollywood B movie about obsessed stalkers that ends in someone being pushed off scaffolding.

Workplace bullying legislation doesn't seem to fit as this ismore insidious and designed to make the person look like they cant do their job and question their judgement. Ive googled but nothing seems helpful? Ive even resorted to looking at spy cameras but that really would be desperate.
Advice anyone please, humourous or otherwise,I'll take anything.

The key is to always remain calm and never resort to getting angry or using violence. This person has probably belittled you at work and every workplace has a character like this.

These people see the workplace as a anything goes area as compensation for their lack of a private life or the problems in their private life. They do what paedophiles do and single out the weak person they can find who won't stand up for himself or herself.

There is absolutely no difference between a workplace and a prison when it comes to hierarchy and territorial pissings. Psychopaths only feel safe if in control and control is everything to them.

At the same time it is game to them and you are the mouse the cat is playing with and the reward the psychopath gets out of it takes him or her through the day at a job they most likely hate. To psychos the rest of us are mannequins with an annoying tendency to talk and voice an opinion.

If you have something that you know will set this person off then by all means try and do that so that this person ends up doing it in front of a manager or someone higher up in the hierarchy. Why not record it on the mobile and you don't have to film it just do a sound recording.

When presenting the problem to a manager it is important to be calm and collected and not present it as if you want this person gone but that you care about his or hers health and what might be going on in their private life.

Bullying in the workplace is something most companies have worked with a lot in recent years and I think you underestimate the will and effort of the company to deal with this at it effects profits and may land the company in legal trouble and media picking up on it.

The key is to always remain calm and never resort to getting angry or using violence. This person has probably belittled you at work and every workplace has a character like this.

These people see the workplace as a anything goes area as compensation for their lack of a private life or the problems in their private life. They do what paedophiles do and single out the weak person they can find who won't stand up for himself or herself.

There is absolutely no difference between a workplace and a prison when it comes to hierarchy and territorial pissings. Psychopaths only feel safe if in control and control is everything to them.

At the same time it is game to them and you are the mouse the cat is playing with and the reward the psychopath gets out of it takes him or her through the day at a job they most likely hate. To psychos the rest of us are mannequins with an annoying tendency to talk and voice an opinion.

If you have something that you know will set this person off then by all means try and do that so that this person ends up doing it in front of a manager or someone higher up in the hierarchy. Why not record it on the mobile and you don't have to film it just do a sound recording.

When presenting the problem to a manager it is important to be calm and collected and not present it as if you want this person gone but that you care about his or hers health and what might be going on in their private life.

Bullying in the workplace is something most companies have worked with a lot in recent years and I think you underestimate the will and effort of the company to deal with this at it effects profits and may land the company in legal trouble and media picking up on it.

Those first four paragraphs had me all like

7E5E2BD7-FF54-49E4-BC50-90652C6B9EC2.gif

Even your jerk off technique sucks which only leaves me to congratulate you for having failed at exactly everything in life.

Don’t be silly. I could never possibly fail as much as you just have by trying to insinuate that I made and posted a gif of myself sarcastically feigning masturbation.

Don’t be silly. I could never possibly fail as much as you just have by trying to insinuate that I made and posted a gif of myself sarcastically feigning masturbation.
A gif of your life would be made up of complete darkness as you haven't done anything in life. But your mom will serve you cookies and milk in a bit so clear out those used up tennis socks you use for you-know-what.

A gif of your life would be made up of complete darkness as you haven't done anything in life. But your mom will serve you cookies and milk in a bit so clear out those used up tennis socks you use for you-know-what.

Wasn’t she bringing me a sandwich the last time you logged out and made this same lame anonymous comment?

Wasn’t she bringing me a sandwich the last time you logged out and made this same lame anonymous comment?

Paranoia became your first lifetime achievement and now you at least can claim to be something or someone.

I feel like that whole thing must have sounded better in your head...

But of course since I have one unlike you. I mean, you are bashing your head against a brick wall here and will not even win this even if you hire a consultant.

But of course since I have one unlike you. I mean, you are bashing your head against a brick wall here and will not even win this even if you hire a consultant.
Not that you ever had a head of course so the shoulders must hurt a lot.

Believe me, I don’t even have to say anything to win this. I’ve already won.

I agree...and the more you speak, the more obvious it is.
Only here to help set you in the right direction and look, we had a breakthrough as you admit to having an issue although projecting it onto me but that is what a good shrink does.

it's not me. the way you can tell it isnt me is that I rated one of their posts. rating your own posts is verboten in Morrissey solo land and will get a person banned.

also, you don't respond to me, so if you really thought this was me you wouldn't be responding.

it's a strange anon though. sounds like urbanus-lite.

A spy camera isn’t desperate if you believe something sinister is afoot, it’s corroboration. I suggest you set one up and make triple copies of everything you deem important. You might want to invest in a lock box or desk safe as well.

Thanks so much for that, Ive started to lock everything away as of yesterday. This person comes in very early in the morning before anyone else gets in so would have plenty of opportunity.

Thanks no much, this all makes complete sense and you articulated exactly what I was trying to say, particularly about control and the psychopath/narcissist. Those insights are really helpful and valuable,I appreciate it :) x

Back
Top Bottom