Is Morrissey gay?

• Yes

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • I'm unable to read between the lines of his lyrics

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
He's not a teenage boy, pinning centerfolds onto his walls. He's Morrissey, middle-aged cultural fetishist, making his home into a museum of things which he views as contributing to his personal aesthetic. A beautiful British film actress qualifies. Regarding the erotic aspect of a picture of a woman, I think it's at least as likely that he identifies with her sexuality, and with her general apparent enjoyment of being in her own very lovely skin, as that he identifies with the sexuality of a man who wants to plug her. This would add to the poignance of having her photo above his bed, and it's a sort of genderf*** poignance that he's shown a penchant for, in the past, about two- or three-hundred thousand times.

Grown-ups don't do pin-ups. Sorry.

As for his f***ing women, if he had, we'd have heard about it by now. What woman could keep quiet about it? His fellow closet cases, on the other hand...

I see...........Morrissey ONLY sleeps with male closet cases and no adult human being EVER puts a picture of a 'pin-up' on their wall. With regard to the latter, does that mean that my 54 year old work collegue is actually under eighteen because he has a picture of Charlize Theron on his cubicle wall? If not, is he just genderf***ing with us?

I see...........Morrissey ONLY sleeps with male closet cases and no adult human being EVER puts a picture of a 'pin-up' on their wall. With regard to the latter, does that mean that my 54 year old work collegue is actually under eighteen because he has a picture of Charlize Theron on his cubicle wall? If not, is he just genderf***ing with us?

I nearly explained that I wasn't talking about morons, but decided against it.

Sorry you've never heard the word "genderf***." Never stop learning.

He's not a teenage boy, pinning centerfolds onto his walls. He's Morrissey, middle-aged cultural fetishist, making his home into a museum of things which he views as contributing to his personal aesthetic. A beautiful British film actress qualifies. Regarding the erotic aspect of a picture of a woman, I think it's at least as likely that he identifies with her sexuality, and with her general apparent enjoyment of being in her own very lovely skin, as that he identifies with the sexuality of a man who wants to plug her. This would add to the poignance of having her photo above his bed, and it's a sort of genderf*** poignance that he's shown a penchant for, in the past, about two- or three-hundred thousand times.

Grown-ups don't do pin-ups. Sorry.

As for his f***ing women, if he had, we'd have heard about it by now. What woman could keep quiet about it? His fellow closet cases, on the other hand...

So Morrissey was bisexual in his younger days and now he is just Gay? And who are these closet cases?

You seem to know it all and be extremely informed on Morrissey's sex life. And no do not just say ''its common sense''.

I do believe that most women don't want their idol to be gay.Its an age old fact that if there is any element of fantasy involved in the admiration of said idol then a degree of denial is needed.

It happened in the golden days of Hollywood.Any "bum":p action was covered up because the studios knew full well outing a star would result in heartbreak en masse and a loss of royalties.

Okay us girlie Morrissey lovers are of a completely different and far superior ilk than these silly women...but I would be lying if I didn't admit that i don't really want my hero since my teenage years to bat for the other team.And if he does then I'd rather not know about it.Ofcourse i don't harbour any silly illusions and still love Morrissey whatever he is.

He'll never come out either way.He's shrewd enough to know that an air of mystery is part of the package and the appeal.

People that are offended by the suggestion that he may be gay should f*** off. I believe that his sexuality is not as simple as to say that he is gay but he lives his life with an entirely gay sensibility and you'd have to be pretty thick to miss it.

What Morrissey happy?

No way..:)

WHY HAS THIS BEEN MOVED TO OFF TOPIC?

General Discussion - "For general discussion of Morrissey, The Smiths and related music."

This thread seems to me a way to start discussion about Morrissey, so should be in General Discussion and not Off Topic.

Can a mod please explain?

WHY HAS THIS BEEN MOVED TO OFF TOPIC?

General Discussion - "For general discussion of Morrissey, The Smiths and related music."

This thread seems to me a way to start discussion about Morrissey, so should be in General Discussion and not Off Topic.

Can a mod please explain?
This thread is f***ing retarded.

I'm not saying it isn't.

I'm just saying it shouldn't have been moved to Off Topic as it is not off topic; the topic is Morrissey.

No, this thread is where it belongs, hidden here.
It is off topic because it is irrelevant, it's gossip and gossip is never good.
Everyone who voted in this poll needs to take a good look at themselves in the mirror.
It's embarassing.

hmmm

I move threads asking "Is Morrissey gay?" and Julia Riley to off-topic.

Sparkle Boy posted this due to boredom.

If the same question was asked different angle or sophisticated way, I didn't move to off-topic.

No, this thread is where it belongs, hidden here.
It is off topic because it is irrelevant, it's gossip and gossip is never good.
Everyone who voted in this poll needs to take a good look at themselves in the mirror.
It's embarassing.

How is this any more 'gossip' than than thread about the possible track listing for the next album?

How is this any more 'gossip' than than thread about if people like Paint A Vulgar Picture or not?

How is this any more 'gossip' than than thread about how people are comparing an album that isn't even out till February with the rest of Morrissey's albums?

Re: hmmm

I move threads asking "Is Morrissey gay?" and Julia Riley to off-topic.

Sparkle Boy posted this due to boredom.

If the same question was asked different angle or sophisticated way, I didn't move to off-topic.

Why not just delete the thread?

And what would class as being a 'different angle' or 'sophisticated'? If the poster had written homosexual rather than gay, doe that count as sophisticated? :rolleyes:

Re: hmmm

David does not allow moderators to delete threads which don't violate TOS.

This thread hasn't managed to evoke something new or intelligent discussion yet.

Last edited:
How is this any more 'gossip' than than thread about the possible track listing for the next album?

How is this any more 'gossip' than than thread about if people like Paint A Vulgar Picture or not?

How is this any more 'gossip' than than thread about how people are comparing an album that isn't even out till February with the rest of Morrissey's albums?

Because Morrissey's sexuality is his business and nobody else's.
Everyone needs to grow the f*** up, this is not 1992!

Tags
bitchslap celibate dullest conversation ever funny he never married gay marr poll preying semantics sexy the gays time for wapner yawn
Back
Top Bottom