General Posting Policy concerning Anonymous users

I don't want to disturb the super highly frequented thread for praise of DavidT anymore with my off-topic remarks concerning problems with this site, so I open a new one.

Citation from David's policy (http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/1345-General-Posting-Policy):

Users may post anonymously on the site but due to abuse, all anonymous posts need to be approved by a moderator before appearing on the site. [...]

In general, an anonymous post is not approved if it is off-topic, redundant, or personally abusive.

It's so nice that you have that in your guidelines. But it's useless if it's just in the guidelines and is not actually applied in reality. Whom are you kidding, people complain every other day about anonymous abuse, about massive off-topic especially in concert threads, so you're obviously not filtering that stuff despite claiming to do so.

I don't understand people who complain about anonymous posts. Those posts are automatically moderated before publishing, so what you see is basically an excerpt of what moderators of this site approve. If you want to complain about anon posts, then please address the people responsible, which is the moderators. They could easily block the off-topic nonsense and personal abuse, yet they don't. And DavidT pretends to wonder why people draw the conclusion that he has indeed an agenda.

Because I'll ignorantly be asked for examples to prove my obvious point, here they are, and I didn't even go for the redundant posts, because that's somehow in the eye of the beholder, and I ignored all but one post from that benny-the-bullshitter, but these are clearly off-topic or abusive or both:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133778-Article-Istanbul-Volkswagen-Arena-%28Dec-17-2014%29-post-show?p=1986896037&viewfull=1#post1986896037
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133778-Article-Istanbul-Volkswagen-Arena-%28Dec-17-2014%29-post-show?p=1986896072&viewfull=1#post1986896072
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133771-2015-Predictions?p=1986895742&viewfull=1#post1986895742
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133750-Article-Athens-Tae-Kwon-Do-Arena-%28Dec-15-2014%29-post-show?p=1986895331&viewfull=1#post1986895331

And don't get me started on the registered trolls that you can't be bothered to ban. In fact, those contribute much more to this site's reputation than the anon posts. But please, David, don't tell me you're interested in Johnny Barleycorn's obsessed ramblings about Morrissey. If you're not then ban him and if you are, you need help.

I don't want to disturb the super highly frequented thread for praise of DavidT anymore with my off-topic remarks concerning problems with this site, so I open a new one.

Citation from David's policy (http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/1345-General-Posting-Policy):

It's so nice that you have that in your guidelines. But it's useless if it's just in the guidelines and is not actually applied in reality. Whom are you kidding, people complain every other day about anonymous abuse, about massive off-topic especially in concert threads, so you're obviously not filtering that stuff despite claiming to do so.

I don't understand people who complain about anonymous posts. Those posts are automatically moderated before publishing, so what you see is basically an excerpt of what moderators of this site approve. If you want to complain about anon posts, then please address the people responsible, which is the moderators. They could easily block the off-topic nonsense and personal abuse, yet they don't. And DavidT pretends to wonder why people draw the conclusion that he has indeed an agenda.

Because I'll ignorantly be asked for examples to prove my obvious point, here they are, and I didn't even go for the redundant posts, because that's somehow in the eye of the beholder, and I ignored all but one post from that benny-the-bullshitter, but these are clearly off-topic or abusive or both:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133778-Article-Istanbul-Volkswagen-Arena-%28Dec-17-2014%29-post-show?p=1986896037&viewfull=1#post1986896037
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133778-Article-Istanbul-Volkswagen-Arena-%28Dec-17-2014%29-post-show?p=1986896072&viewfull=1#post1986896072
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133771-2015-Predictions?p=1986895742&viewfull=1#post1986895742
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133750-Article-Athens-Tae-Kwon-Do-Arena-%28Dec-15-2014%29-post-show?p=1986895331&viewfull=1#post1986895331

And don't get me started on the registered trolls that you can't be bothered to ban. In fact, those contribute much more to this site's reputation than the anon posts. But please, David, don't tell me you're interested in Johnny Barleycorn's obsessed ramblings about Morrissey. If you're not then ban him and if you are, you need help.

Why do you care about the reputation of a message board? Why are JB's obsessed ramblings about Morrissey any different than Morrissey's obsessed ramblings about royalty?

Why do you care about the reputation of a message board? Why are JB's obsessed ramblings about Morrissey any different than Morrissey's obsessed ramblings about royalty?

If I had a forum about, say, model railways, and each day some obsessed hater comes to my board to complain about my model railways, I'd certainly question their sanity. I wouldn't mind if they published their opinion on their blog though.

If I had a forum about, say, model railways, and each day some obsessed hater comes to my board to complain about my model railways, I'd certainly question their sanity. I wouldn't mind if they published their opinion on their blog though.

Maybe try not to let it bother you? Say a dog barks constantly in a yard and annoys the serenity of a neighborhood but ultimately doesn't hurt anything, is just looking for attention. Do you slap a shock collar on the dog and set a standard that all future dogs who bark may reap the consequences of your wrath so BE CAREFUL what you bark about, creating a mood of fear and intimidation? Or do you let the dog bark with the presence of mind that the poor mutt is neglected and lonely and just ignore it and talk about interesting stuff in a non-restricted environment instead?

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...t-show?p=1986896037&viewfull=1#post1986896037
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...t-show?p=1986896072&viewfull=1#post1986896072
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...t-show?p=1986895331&viewfull=1#post1986895331

Actually I am interested in Johnny Barleycorn's posts as good points are often made and on-topic. Much more interesting than your posts that are pretty much just complaining about the moderation.

Example 1: Perhaps some distasteful jokes but not a violation that needs to be censored. Yes, it's debatable. If it was the same joke cut and pasted several times before but in this case, it seems different. Who here wants a rule 'jokes are allowed, just none that might be considered insulting to Morrissey'?

Example 2: A reply to example 1 showing that someone is outraged enough to reply. Again, it's debatable, not a clear violation.

Example 3: Not a violation. In the previous thread you may have missed this reply:

If you read the title of that thread - '2015 Predictions' - you'll probably feel less exercised about it. The original poster asked what predictions people wanted to make about what they think is likely to happen in the forthcoming year. S/he didn't ask, 'What would you like to happen in 2015?' Can you see the difference? It's subtle, I know, but it is important.

Since Morrissey wants people to think he's had (or still has) cancer, I don't think my prediction's unreasonable.

Should it turn out that he doesn't have cancer, and never did have it, then I'd say he probably deserves to get it. Karma etc. Personally, I don't really care if Morrissey dies next year and - if you read what he, himself, has said about it - he doesn't either.

Example 4: See example 1.

Also, keep in mind the power of retort. If there was no negativity, just positive, happy Morrissey stuff, there would be no fight. Morrissey loves fighters. You have to have someone attacking him in order to have someone defending him and his positions. Most of his idols have a fighting spirit, it's synonymous that aggression and witty retort go hand-in-hand with a Morrissey environment, otherwise we'd all be sitting around playing dress up the crochet dolls. Ask yourself, would David Johansen, Marc Bolan, Nico, the Syls, James Dean be more entertained and comfortable at a gritty gross rock concert? Or high tea at Harrod's? I suspect the former.

It's kind of like politics - some people want more government, some want less. Not everyone is going to be happy. The great thing is there are alternatives. The problem the user is suggesting has already been solved, he is free to add anonymous users / individual users to the ignore list or go to allyouneedismorrissey.com which has tighter moderation or a number of Facebook groups which allegedly is where all the people go to discuss nowadays.

Also, keep in mind the power of retort. If there was no negativity, just positive, happy Morrissey stuff, there would be no fight. Morrissey loves fighters. You have to have someone attacking him in order to have someone defending him and his positions. Most of his idols have a fighting spirit, it's synonymous that aggression and witty retort go hand-in-hand with a Morrissey environment, otherwise we'd all be sitting around playing dress up the crochet dolls. Ask yourself, would David Johansen, Marc Bolan, Nico, the Syls, James Dean be more entertained and comfortable at a gritty gross rock concert? Or high tea at Harrod's? I suspect the former.

Maybe try not to let it bother you? Say a dog barks constantly in a yard and annoys the serenity of a neighborhood but ultimately doesn't hurt anything, is just looking for attention. Do you slap a shock collar on the dog and set a standard that all future dogs who bark may reap the consequences of your wrath so BE CAREFUL what you bark about, creating a mood of fear and intimidation? Or do you let the dog bark with the presence of mind that the poor mutt is neglected and lonely and just ignore it and talk about interesting stuff in a non-restricted environment instead?

Your twisted analogies won't distract from the fact that DavidT invites the most horrible f***ed-up twats to post here. He even gave them moderator status, so there. I feel as sorry with Skinny as I feel sorry with an educated but troubled adult who pees on my backyard to please himself instead of seeking help. I don't waste my time with Borderliners. I feel sorry for them, but I make sure they stay away from me.

Actually I am interested in Johnny Barleycorn's posts as good points are often made and on-topic. Much more interesting than your posts that are pretty much just complaining about the moderation.

Example 1: Perhaps some distasteful jokes but not a violation that needs to be censored. Yes, it's debatable. If it was the same joke cut and pasted several times before but in this case, it seems different. Who here wants a rule 'jokes are allowed, just none that might be considered insulting to Morrissey'?

Example 2: A reply to example 1 showing that someone is outraged enough to reply. Again, it's debatable, not a clear violation.

Example 3: Not a violation. In the previous thread you may have missed this reply:

Example 4: See example 1.

Let's not waste time here. You're a typical stalker. Stalkers don't respect the feelings of the object of their obsession, and there you have the perfect description of yourself. This site is all about you, and your totally obsessed Morrissey fandom. It's either the financial benefit that keeps you going, or your desperate attempt to somehow be a part of his mind's landscape. The good news is that you'll never be larger than him, no matter how hard you try. In 50 years, his records and books will still be there, and all that remains of you will be the known fact that Morrissey disgusted you.

Are you trying to sell me that any artist would be happy with a "fan site" like this?

Last edited:
Somehow, I knew it would end with you taking personal shots at me and the mods, just a little quicker than usual. Typical.

Your twisted analogies won't distract from the fact that DavidT invites the most horrible f***ed-up twats to post here. He even gave them moderator status, so there. I feel as sorry with Skinny as I feel sorry with an educated but troubled adult who pees on my backyard to please himself instead of seeking help. I don't waste my time with Borderliners. I feel sorry for them, but I make sure they stay away from me.

Let's not waste time here. You're a typical stalker. Stalkers don't respect the feelings of the object of their obsession, and there you have the perfect description of yourself. This site is all about you, and your totally obsessed Morrissey fandom. It's either the financial benefit that keeps you going, or your desperate attempt to somehow be a part of his mind's landscape. The good news is that you'll never be larger than him, no matter how hard you try. In 50 years, his records and books will still be there, and all that remains of you will be the known fact that Morrissey disgusted you.

Are you trying to sell me that any artist would be happy with a "fan site" like this?

Last edited:
HumaneBeing's posts remind me of somebody who use to post here, but I forget their username :straightface: perhaps "Smiffy" or something :confused:
anybody know who I am talking about let me know :cool:

Last edited:
HumaneBeing's posts remind me of somebody who use to post here, but I forget their username :straightface: perhaps "Smiffy" or something :confused:
anybody know who I am talking about let me know :cool:

I had an account a couple of years ago, after discovering this site, but abandoned it after some weeks. Didn't post much.

But you continued to troll the site anonymously for a couple years. So basically you are an obsessed and bored person who has, in actuality, accomplished nothing in life. Why would I (or anyone?) take advice from you?

I had an account a couple of years ago, after discovering this site, but abandoned it after some weeks. Didn't post much.

And what have you accomplished in your life?

More than you. Morrissey doesn't hate me.

You signed up here just the other day and already you've racked up almost 80 posts - on one topic - and now you're trying to lecture other people about "obsession"?

Get some sleep and find something more constructive to think about.

Signing up to a message board and writing 80 (mostly short) posts within 2 days: Bored
Hosting a website dedicated to a singer who hates the website owner so much that he's even banned from shows - for years: Obsessed

Last edited:
But you continued to troll the site anonymously for a couple years. So basically you are an obsessed and bored person who has, in actuality, accomplished nothing in life. Why would I (or anyone?) take advice from you?

Lol?

First, no I haven't trolled this site anonymously for years, what on earth makes you think so? Are you complaining about anon trolling? Then please approach your moderators, who are responsible for what gets published by anonymous users. As you know.

Second, you can't actually speak with any authority on what I have accomplished in life, but again, you know that.

Third, because my points make sense. Are you generally only listening to people who "have accomplished something in life"? Do I need some kind of certificate to prove that I fulfill certain requirements (degree? wealth?) before I have the privilege to discuss with you?

You just mentioned posting anonymously before creating this account and the IP / style of posting is consistent with a user that has kept attacking the site's 'agenda' and mods.

After I answered your examples why they weren't violations. You then started a personal attack about my accomplishments in life, I asked what yours were and you basically said 'nothing'. So that's what I am going on. At this point of doing the site for about 18 years, I'm fine discussing issues but you have to be able to back up your suggestions with valid points, which you haven't been able to do. If you don't actually have any experience running a site and can't point to other good running examples that you frequent, it's unlikely you actually have that much to contribute.

Lol?

First, no I haven't trolled this site anonymously for years, what on earth makes you think so? Are you complaining about anon trolling? Then please approach your moderators, who are responsible for what gets published by anonymous users. As you know.

Second, you can't actually speak with any authority on what I have accomplished in life, but again, you know that.

Third, because my points make sense. Are you generally only listening to people who "have accomplished something in life"? Do I need some kind of certificate to prove that I fulfill certain requirements (degree? wealth?) before I have the privilege to discuss with you?

Back
Top Bottom