Geniune hand signed Moz postcard from Vauxhall instore signing in London

My friend suggested this site to me; he thought that I would enjoy talking with like minded people as I'm now 50 and have followed the Smiths and Morrissey all of my life.

HOW WRONG HE WAS.

It seems that it's just a place for pissing matches and insults. This particular thread is a classic example. No one has hardly anything interesting of positive to say; and seems if anyone disagrees about the slightest thing, then you open yourself up to a world of abuse.

I thought I could come on here and share my amazing collection and stories about following the Smiths and then Morrissey about; but it's nothing like that.

Maybe when you all mature a bit, you should start a site where decency and respect reigns.

My friend suggested this site to me; he thought that I would enjoy talking with like minded people as I'm now 50 and have followed the Smiths and Morrissey all of my life.

HOW WRONG HE WAS.

It seems that it's just a place for pissing matches and insults. This particular thread is a classic example. No one has hardly anything interesting of positive to say; and seems if anyone disagrees about the slightest thing, then you open yourself up to a world of abuse.

I thought I could come on here and share my amazing collection and stories about following the Smiths and then Morrissey about; but it's nothing like that.

Maybe when you all mature a bit, you should start a site where decency and respect reigns.

Well said Sir. You can share your amazing collection with me anytime. PM me.

HOW WRONG HE WAS.

feel free to share your collection here, https://www.facebook.com/The-Smiths-Morrissey-Rarities-549772955153136/?ref=hl i'm eager to see what you've collected over the years :)

HOW WRONG HE WAS.

Dont bother.I completely agree with you. This forum is pathetic. Very sad to say it because like you I have loved The Smiths and Morrissey since the 80's. There are some decent people on here if you can worm them out. I occasionally look here to see if there is anything decent for sale but that is it.

HOW WRONG HE WAS.

You and I take this from completely opposite positions. I've pondered the weak constitution argument as is it moralistic to withhold due to anger at the state of affairs or shine by expressing the personal love and joy you experienced from being a fan. You've chosen to withhold and I respect that. I've done, and encourage you to tell us your experience and share your personality in spite of what seems like chaos encouraged by shame and insult.

Clearly you feel that active posters here are unworthy of your experience and I understand that thinking. But I proffer to you, what about the silent readers or young questioning fans who would relate to your experience. Yours can be one of the contributing steps in making this a forum you desire. It has for me.

Also the other side of that coin is you realize how unf***ed you really are reading some of this shit.

You and I take this from completely opposite positions. I've pondered the weak constitution argument as is it moralistic to withhold due to anger at the state of affairs or shine by expressing the personal love and joy you experienced from being a fan. You've chosen to withhold and I respect that. I've done, and encourage you to tell us your experience and share your personality in spite of what seems like chaos encouraged by shame and insult.

Clearly you feel that active posters here are unworthy of your experience and I understand that thinking. But I proffer to you, what about the silent readers or young questioning fans who would relate to your experience. Yours can be one of the contributing steps in making this a forum you desire. It has for me.

Also the other side of that coin is you realize how unf***ed you really are reading some of this shit.

Hi,

I appreciate your feedback.

I for one second do not think that anyone is unworthy of my experiences; but I suffer from severe depression and I have learned long ago, not to allow myself to be damaged by people that are so casual with their insults.

I am in the middle of writing my 3rd book. This is concerning my time following the Smiths and the impact that they had on my life.

I could as you say share on here, but I aiming for a much wider audience and hopefully one that has a capacity to accept what they seemingly desire. instead of the constant derision portrayed here.

The silent readers here, as around the world will have the chance to share my experiences without the confines of such a poisoned environment. The world is a much bigger place than a single website; unfortunatley this may be a fact lost on many of the contributors here.

Over the course of 32 years following the Smiths and Morrissey I have met many amazing people and this is a mere blip on the radar. Everyone is entitled to their views, but life is way too short for the myopic outlook that this site seems to be awash with.

Hi,

I appreciate your feedback.

I for one second do not think that anyone is unworthy of my experiences; but I suffer from severe depression and I have learned long ago, not to allow myself to be damaged by people that are so casual with their insults.

I am in the middle of writing my 3rd book. This is concerning my time following the Smiths and the impact that they had on my life.

I could as you say share on here, but I aiming for a much wider audience and hopefully one that has a capacity to accept what they seemingly desire. instead of the constant derision portrayed here.

The silent readers here, as around the world will have the chance to share my experiences without the confines of such a poisoned environment. The world is a much bigger place than a single website; unfortunatley this may be a fact lost on many of the contributors here.

Over the course of 32 years following the Smiths and Morrissey I have met many amazing people and this is a mere blip on the radar. Everyone is entitled to their views, but life is way too short for the myopic outlook that this site seems to be awash with.

These are incredibly good points and I understand. From your powerful statement of self protection by staying away from the negative people here, it begs the question, does Morrissey-Solo actually harm people emotionally. It is interesting as I don't think it is uncommon for a majority of fans to experience some form of depression. With this common trait in mind, would a majority of what is posted here have a negative effect on the depressed person, which may be a large portion of the readers. It's weird to think, with the culture , tolerance and freedom here, this place may actually be emotionally damaging to some. I think it may be since I've read many such as you state they hate this place and the people who posts here.

These are incredibly good points and I understand. From your powerful statement of self protection by staying away from the negative people here, it begs the question, does Morrissey-Solo actually harm people emotionally. It is interesting as I don't think it is uncommon for a majority of fans to experience some form of depression. With this common trait in mind, would a majority of what is posted here have a negative effect on the depressed person, which may be a large portion of the readers. It's weird to think, with the culture , tolerance and freedom here, this place may actually be emotionally damaging to some. I think it may be since I've read many such as you state they hate this place and the people who posts here.

you sound like a retard.

ps. sorry if this makes you depressed

Ok, it took a couple of days but the depression has subsided from your comment, enough so for me to respond.

I'm not retarded, I use the broad term spectrum disorder these days. And thank you for your concern but more so your bravery in stating the obvious. And of course your sorrow for my condition.

i don't know the person selling this item(madasun), but this signature looks pretty legit for its time. i have many signed items and some from that era look similar.

anyhow, good luck OP

i don't know the person selling this item(madasun), but this signature looks pretty legit for its time. i have many signed items and some from that era look similar.

anyhow, good luck OP

No doubts about the fact that this one is genuine. But the seller has been hawking fakes before this one, hence the debacle.

From 1997 to around 2004 this site was amazing. Everyone was friends and we all shared stories ,traded records, made tapes for each other of live shows, shared our collection etc... I am 41 by the way.After that a whole new crowd came in and were jerks and I only posted in the collectors and marketplace pages. Then, I would say around 2010 they took over those pages too so I just dropped out of posting here. I check in, but don't post anymore. Some of the original members I remember are, MikeMozFan, Beau, Jeff P, Mikael, Stephane, X, Marcel, and tons more. I will probably get beef for this post, but I don't care. If you want to PM me, I would love to hear about what you got and what you are looking for in your want list. I love talking to serious collectors and sharing photos of my collection and seeing others.. Take care and send me a message if you like.

HOW WRONG HE WAS.

From 1997 to around 2004 this site was amazing. Everyone was friends and we all shared stories ,traded records, made tapes for each other of live shows, shared our collection etc... I am 41 by the way.After that a whole new crowd came in and were jerks and I only posted in the collectors and marketplace pages. Then, I would say around 2010 they took over those pages too so I just dropped out of posting here. I check in, but don't post anymore. Some of the original members I remember are, MikeMozFan, Beau, Jeff P, Mikael, Stephane, X, Marcel, and tons more. I will probably get beef for this post, but I don't care. If you want to PM me, I would love to hear about what you got and what you are looking for in your want list. I love talking to serious collectors and sharing photos of my collection and seeing others.. Take care and send me a message if you like.

im new to this, so what do you mean by "whole new crowd and being jerks"?

Back
Top Bottom