Geoff Travis on the Morrissey of today

(Originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread)

Rough around the edges: Former Smiths record label manager talks about his latest batch of Irish acts

"The first question you must of course ask Geoff Travis is what he thinks of Morrissey’s ongoing descent into far-right notoriety. Back in 1980s Travis discovered The Smiths and, with his record label Rough Trade, helped propel Moz toward gladioli-flourishing immortality. How long ago that must seem — how bittersweet the memories.

“Not bitter, no,” says Travis. “It was one of those periods that went by in a flash. Morrissey wasn’t the person he now seems to be. He was an interesting character to be around. As a band, The Smiths were an unstoppable force. A lot of years have gone by. I don’t think I’d recognise the Morrissey of today. It’s sad what he’s become, in terms of his views.”"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...ut-his-latest-batch-of-irish-acts-963182.html

full

A brief Morrissey segue in to the article's title.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screamer headlines are there to make you buy the paper, they're not a calm appraisal of the facts.
The websites didn't create the news, they are reporting it and link to the data and statistics. You can be fine with whites becoming minorities in their own countries, but why are you denying it?

There is nothing that suggest that a racist shouldn't be proud. If you look at science they are completely right in every sense.
The thing is that you have no idea what a racist is. It is someone from one race who believes his or her race is above the other races.
History and science can prove that white people are above the rest. You would still be in a cave if not for white people and what they did.

History & science proves no such thing & it's a self-defeating time to start claiming it does with China likely to be the biggest superpower within the next decade.

Trill seemed nice at first, so I'm sad that they'd be so driven by bigotry that they would mark anti-racism as 'trolling'.

The websites didn't create the news, they are reporting it and link to the data and statistics. You can be fine with whites becoming minorities in their own countries, but why are you denying it?

The data & stats don't back up the drama of the headlines. It also creates false divisions between groups. Politically there's very little difference between ethnic groups, what causes conflict is agitators filling their heads with resentment & panic to try & secure their loyalty. So, you're a major part of the problem you think you're solving.

The data & stats don't back up the drama of the headlines. It also creates false divisions between groups. Politically there's very little difference between ethnic groups, what causes conflict is agitators filling their heads with resentment & panic to try & secure their loyalty. So, you're a major part of the problem you think you're solving.
The only headline from the articles I posted which can be construed as sensational is The Sun, and even then, the information isn't incorrect. Politically there may not be a difference between ethnic groups, but culturally there certainly is. Unfortunately, you're just like a lot of liberals. You have good intentions, but are absolute pig-ignorant to what's going on around you. Quite sad.

History & science proves no such thing & it's a self-defeating time to start claiming it does with China likely to be the biggest superpower within the next decade.

Trill seemed nice at first, so I'm sad that they'd be so driven by bigotry that they would mark anti-racism as 'trolling'.
Nothing of that is true and it is debated but every new finding confirms white people and black people do not share the same DNA as their is a vital difference there.

China is not going as well as media want us believe and that is a myth that is there to drive on the west to keep on producing.

History and science when it comes to race keeps adjusting what they believe with new findings but black and white people actually share nothing. The african origin mother is a myth and has been debunked.

The black people anger and violence gene has been found along with the gay gene which explains it all but due to politics and people like you no one is ready to admit it.

Google has made it very hard to find the truth.

https://www.tremr.com/Duck-Rabbit/african-americans-possess-violence-gene-researchers-find

If black people have a gene white people don't have then the difference is huge and the two lack any resemblance. I even believe black people have different inner organs compared with white people. They are treated differently and operations carried out on black people are done in another way than with whites.

Nothing of that is true and it is debated but every new finding confirms white people and black people do not share the same DNA as their is a vital difference there.

China is not going as well as media want us believe and that is a myth that is there to drive on the west to keep on producing.

History and science when it comes to race keeps adjusting what they believe with new findings but black and white people actually share nothing. The african origin mother is a myth and has been debunked.

The black people anger and violence gene has been found along with the gay gene which explains it all but due to politics and people like you no one is ready to admit it.

Google has made it very hard to find the truth.

https://www.tremr.com/Duck-Rabbit/african-americans-possess-violence-gene-researchers-find

If black people have a gene white people don't have then the difference is huge and the two lack any resemblance. I even believe black people have different inner organs compared with white people. They are treated differently and operations carried out on black people are done in another way than with whites.

Even if China dominated the world market by producing products that kills the environment which is what they do that would not change the race issue.

Again you move goal posts when not being able to argue with views that stand up to scrutiny. You are as a leftie trapped in an emotional way of thinking where facts are never allowed in.

At least lefties have realised they can never win debates with facts as facts never back up their theories based on emotion. In science the heart can never rule the mind.

Because it's not true.

Even if China dominated the world market by producing products that kills the environment which is what they do that would not change the race issue.

Again you move goal posts when not being able to argue with views that stand up to scrutiny. You are as a leftie trapped in an emotional way of thinking where facts are never allowed in.

At least lefties have realised they can never win debates with facts as facts never back up their theories based on emotion. In science the heart can never rule the mind.

We can absolutely win a debate with a person who thinks that internal organs are different based on skin colour.

Black people have higher blood pressure compared to white people and high blood pressure in combination with the black people anger gere makes them much more prone to using violence and having angry outbursts according to science.

Black people have higher blood pressure compared to white people and high blood pressure in combination with the black people anger gere makes them much more prone to using violence and having angry outbursts according to science.

There are no behavioural genes. The media hypes up inconclusive studies because it's entertaining. It's not hard science.

There are no behavioural genes. The media hypes up inconclusive studies because it's entertaining. It's not hard science.
Scientific facts. The only entertainment they are into is pretending the opposite. Again you fail to come up with anything to back your views which are only theories of the heart.

Scientific facts. The only entertainment they are into is pretending the opposite. Again you fail to come up with anything to back your views which are only theories of the heart.

I'd tell you to check the data, but you love your little racist fantasy (or troll) so much you wouldn't bother.

I'd tell you to check the data, but you love your little racist fantasy (or troll) so much you wouldn't bother.
See!

As soon as you are faced with scientific facts from the real world that is all you can do. And then you have the nerve to call people racist and troll when they provide facts and you sit there with nothing at all.

Pathetic!

Science will outlive your tantrums.

See!

As soon as you are faced with scientific facts from the real world that is all you can do. And then you have the nerve to call people racist and troll when they provide facts and you sit there with nothing at all.

Pathetic!

Science will outlive your tantrums.

You provided media coverage of small, inconclusive studies. There are no behavioural genes. Science will outlive your inability to read past journalese.

Another day. Trill still being racist.

Why don't you tell me what you hate Morrissey for, since it's obviously not the racism allegations? You're happy to support far worse than he has. So what's he done?

Another day. Trill still being racist.

Why don't you tell me what you hate Morrissey for, since it's obviously not the racism allegations? You're happy to support far worse than he has. So what's he done?

Moz has done nothing which justifies anyone calling him 'racist', & tbf I'm sick of reading the same old 5hit on here from the likes of, you-know-who.

If you point out the facts, the trolls don't want to know.
If you ask them to provide evidence, then they just regurg the same old 'out-of-context' 5hit from the daily rags.

I'm just astounded that they are on here all day, every day spouting the same old 5hit...any rational person would just get simply bored with their life & move on elsewhere. Just what kind of people do we have on here?

There 's an easy solution tho, Nerak, either stop responding, & thereby rising to the bait, or block them. Easy as.
The thread'll then die, & hopefully so will this forum.

I'm not sure it's applicable to all 'blacks', although there is a school of reliable thought that, during the days of the slave trade, all the ones who ended up in Jamaica were put there for a reason; they had a very aggressive nature compared to others.

Having been to many places in the Caribbean, I can state that the people there, particularly males, are more aggressive than any other 'black' I've encountered. That said, the women are aggressive & abusive too, even very foul-mouthed. As a 'white' we got racially abused by a woman whilst travelling through a small town in a taxi, despite being driven by a trusted local. Most unnerving & unpleasant experience.

It's probably supported also by the data connected with high levels of crime, drugs, & gang warfare over there. I can't be arsed to look for reliable data to provide, but feel free to DYOR.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom