George A Romero

What is your favourite film in the "Dead" series?

• Night Of The Living Dead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dawn Of The Dead

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Day Of The Dead

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Land Of The Dead

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Diary Of The Dead

• Survival Of The Dead

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

My favourite zombie films are directed by Romero. But I can never decide on a favourite because I love Day Of The Dead and Dawn Of The Dead both equally.

I do like Night Of The Living Dead, although I think Barbara is the WORST character ever. I would have thrown her outside and locked all the doors. She is utterly useless, just like her brother who didn't even die a heroic death!

Anything after "Day" I just ignore...I won't waste another word on them.

Why aren't you talking about 'Monkey Shines' instead?

You see I love Dawn and Day both, the zombies looks better, nastier and a lot more scary in Day, I also love John Harrissons soundtrack, it's tense, fantastic and completely suits the Romero's 80's efforts. Plus the FX seem better, it's more of a darker gritty Zombie flick with clear cut characters, the gore and wounds and flesh ripping scenes look gnarlier (which any zombie nerd loves)

If I had to pick though I'd go with Dawn, it just has that edge, that satire the larger than life zombies. The overall storyline comes together well and flows too, plus I like the image of the mall being like a haven to them, it's symbolic, it gives you more to ponder on than Day. I also love the style, with it still being in the 70's the fashion and design of everything in that film is better to me, plus I think the casting is slightly better. It has the best trailer and poster, also the soundtrack by Goblin is perfect, it cannot be improved, it's just aged well as a cult film and that's why I've given my vote to that instead of Day (only just though) Plus it has one of my favourite lines in any film...

"The only person who could miss with this gun, would be the sucker with the bread to buy it!"

Last edited:
the one with Asia Argento cuz she's dreamy :love:
That be Land of the Dead.

I'll go with Dawn of the Dead.

You should also see Martin and The Crazies. I found Season of the Witch dull. Not Seen Monkeyshines or Knightriders. I was disappointed with Land and Diary so i haven't bothered with Survival.

Back
Top Bottom