George Michael at it again

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4797661.ece

The patience of George Michael fans is wearing thin after the singer was arrested near Hampstead Heath for the possession of a Class A drug, thought to be crack.
Michael, 45, was cautioned by the Metropolitan Police for possession of Class A and Class C drugs after being arrested in public lavatories near the heath, in northwest London, on Friday afternoon. An attendant telephoned the police after becoming concerned at the singer’s behaviour.
In a statement last night Michael said: “I want to apologise to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I’ll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them.”
Last year Michael pleaded guilty to being unfit to drive after being found slumped at the wheel of his car with traces of cannabis and GHB (liquid Ecstasy) in his body. In 1998 he was arrested in a Beverly Hills public lavatory for lewd behaviour.
Michael, who has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, has made no secret of his use of drugs such as cannabis. He once said in an interview: “I’m a happy man and I can afford my marijuana so that’s not a problem.”
In online George Michael forums yesterday, fans were dismayed at his latest brush with the law. One fan, “Janelovesgeorge”, wrote: “I’m sick of him spending our hard-earned money on drugs.” Another said: “That, to me, is the sad part, that George shows signs of stupidity I only thought people such as Pete Doherty were capable of.”
An American fan calling herself Kady said: “This story disturbs me greatly. People use drugs \ alcohol to satisfy an unmet psychological need, and it is hard for one to fathom what our dear George could be needing.” She added: “He looked so fit and happy on the tour.”
After finishing his world tour last month the former Wham! singer said that he would be retiring for the “quiet life”.
Another fan, “Tex”, wrote: “He totally doesn’t know what to do with himself now the tour is over and we aren’t there any more for him to throw himself upon our mercy to fill his void.” Surprise was expressed that the singer received only a caution, despite his previous record of drug offences. Possession of a Class A drug can result in a prison sentence of up to seven years, an unlimited fine, or both.
A Home Office spokesman said yesterday that “circumstances and context” had to be taken into consideration and that drug laws needed to be “flexible” — not only to punish drug use, but also to help those suffering from addiction.
Scotland Yard said: “A 45-year-old man was arrested in the Hampstead Heath area on September 19 on suspicion of the possession of drugs.
“He was taken to a North London police station, where he was interviewed and received a caution for possession of Class A and Class C drugs. He was released and no further action will be taken.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4797661.ece

The patience of George Michael fans is wearing thin after the singer was arrested near Hampstead Heath for the possession of a Class A drug, thought to be crack.
Michael, 45, was cautioned by the Metropolitan Police for possession of Class A and Class C drugs after being arrested in public lavatories near the heath, in northwest London, on Friday afternoon. An attendant telephoned the police after becoming concerned at the singer’s behaviour.
In a statement last night Michael said: “I want to apologise to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I’ll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them.”
Last year Michael pleaded guilty to being unfit to drive after being found slumped at the wheel of his car with traces of cannabis and GHB (liquid Ecstasy) in his body. In 1998 he was arrested in a Beverly Hills public lavatory for lewd behaviour.
Michael, who has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, has made no secret of his use of drugs such as cannabis. He once said in an interview: “I’m a happy man and I can afford my marijuana so that’s not a problem.”
In online George Michael forums yesterday, fans were dismayed at his latest brush with the law. One fan, “Janelovesgeorge”, wrote: “I’m sick of him spending our hard-earned money on drugs.” Another said: “That, to me, is the sad part, that George shows signs of stupidity I only thought people such as Pete Doherty were capable of.”
An American fan calling herself Kady said: “This story disturbs me greatly. People use drugs \ alcohol to satisfy an unmet psychological need, and it is hard for one to fathom what our dear George could be needing.” She added: “He looked so fit and happy on the tour.”
After finishing his world tour last month the former Wham! singer said that he would be retiring for the “quiet life”.
Another fan, “Tex”, wrote: “He totally doesn’t know what to do with himself now the tour is over and we aren’t there any more for him to throw himself upon our mercy to fill his void.” Surprise was expressed that the singer received only a caution, despite his previous record of drug offences. Possession of a Class A drug can result in a prison sentence of up to seven years, an unlimited fine, or both.
A Home Office spokesman said yesterday that “circumstances and context” had to be taken into consideration and that drug laws needed to be “flexible” — not only to punish drug use, but also to help those suffering from addiction.
Scotland Yard said: “A 45-year-old man was arrested in the Hampstead Heath area on September 19 on suspicion of the possession of drugs.
“He was taken to a North London police station, where he was interviewed and received a caution for possession of Class A and Class C drugs. He was released and no further action will be taken.”

This is worse than the heroin thing Boy George got up to in the early 80's! A lot of gay men use GHB because it soaks right into your body when you use it, even though it does smell like stinky gym socks (like poppers) Hell, maybe he's pining for Andrew Ridgely. :cool:

He's a grown man, he can do what he likes. I mean, it's not like the criticism of the Irregular Regulars in the Off-topic section of the Morrissey-solow forums is going to cause George to re-evaluate his life and stop the drugs and illicit bum-sex.

He's a grown man, he can do what he likes. I mean, it's not like the criticism of the Irregular Regulars in the Off-topic section of the Morrissey-solow forums is going to cause George to re-evaluate his life and stop the drugs and illicit bum-sex.

I never inferred that. I just simply meant that he's an idiot for doing such things. Of COURSE I can't stop him and nor do I care to. He's just irresponsible.

There's nothing wrong with being gay and having a penchant for big hairy truck driver types,....if he wants to shove zillions of pounds up his nose...well he's earnt the money to pay for it....but God ,the man has no style and no class.He is just skanky.Style counts and he has none.

There's nothing wrong with being gay and having a penchant for big hairy truck driver types,....if he wants to shove zillions of pounds up his nose...well he's earnt the money to pay for it....but God ,the man has no style and no class.He is just skanky.Style counts and he has none.

Agreed, he is gross:sick:

who the bejeesus is "Kenny"?

E_KennyRogers.jpg

who the bejeesus is "Kenny"?

E_KennyRogers.jpg

Isn't that the Kenny dude that sang The Gambler?

My dad used to play that in retaliation to my Smiths records.Evil.

You've gotta repect the beard though.

That opening line is so ridiculous: "The patience of George Michael fans is wearing thin.."
What a stupid thing to say. He'd be doing what he liked anyway whether he was caught or not so what does it matter.
Wtf?!

That opening line is so ridiculous: "The patience of George Michael fans is wearing thin.."
What a stupid thing to say. He'd be doing what he liked anyway whether he was caught or not so what does it matter.
Wtf?!

I thought you were going to say it's ridiculous to suggest that he has any fans.

Back
Top Bottom