George Michael lets us in on a secret

Re: George Michael lets us in on a secret...

Neither did Liberace.

To be honest though I keep thinking back to the line in "I'm Not Sorry": "the woman of my dreams/there never was one". It's almost like to him he was being perfectly clear about what he meant but still people didn't seem to get it.

And the "humasexual" comment was almost made flippantly; just because once "Autobiography" was released everyone in the media who read it found the need to label him "homosexual" or "gay" and of course Morrissey is not a fan of labels so he countered with his own silly label.

He's probably 80 percent gay but that still doesn't mean he's not a fan of the vag. Don't make any false conclusions.

Scroll down the article to the very end and you'll see George Michael suggests something that has seemed highly unlikely for years.

Does he know something we don't? Or is he just winding us up?

Q&A: George Michael - The Guardian

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone gagging for a Smiths reunion? It probably wouldn't be that great and you can be sure they'd have a bust-up after the first show. The Smiths were great and their albums are gems, but they are all different people now. The worst thing that could happen is if they reformed and then went on to murder the songs. Sometimes it's best to leave things well enough alone. Besides we have a great new Moz album to take our minds off 'what could have beens'.

To me Morrissey will always be a heterosexual, because that's the context of how I first listened to The Smiths as a kid. I was into girls and from his songs I assumed he was too. That was my understanding of his songs and I still carry it with me today in my memories of listening to those amazing songs. He has changed for the worse over the years so what he wrote in his Autobiography (which I will never read) is irrelevant to me. But as for George Michael, unlike Moz he never had any talent to lose. He was shit from the very beginning. Comparing Wham to Smiths is just plain preposterous
Morrissey's lyrics are often non sexuality specific, so wether you are gay, straight ect. it can be related to by anyone.

To me Morrissey will always be a heterosexual, because that's the context of how I first listened to The Smiths as a kid. I was into girls and from his songs I assumed he was too. That was my understanding of his songs and I still carry it with me today in my memories of listening to those amazing songs. He has changed for the worse over the years so what he wrote in his Autobiography (which I will never read) is irrelevant to me.

So Morrissey's own acknowledgement of his sexuality is irrelevant because it doesn't comport with the image you projected onto him as a young, straight male? I've encountered many Morrissey fans who felt the same way, but eventually they grew up and acknowledged what was always plainly obvious. Queerness has been a pervasive element in Morrissey's work, both in lyrics and iconography, since the very beginning, and you were merely hearing and seeing what you wanted to. Your refusal to accept this even now is misguided at best and completely at odds with reality.

Of course he's winding us up! And who really wants them to reform? I don't!

The Smiths had their moment in time. It's where they belong.

It wouldn't work and it would dilute what they are! We all know that!

Of course The Smiths are reforming. I believe him, he's so right!.. After the recent unpleasant controversies Morrissey delivered to fans, this is be the perfect timing; - gaining back lost fandom, be back on top, show he's nothing but goodwill, cash big time from it all at once. And then retire peacefully. A Smiths reunion is a no -brainer.

Of course The Smiths are reforming. I believe him, he's so right!.. After the recent unpleasant controversies Morrissey delivered to fans, this is be the perfect timing; - gaining back lost fandom, be back on top, show he's nothing but goodwill, cash big time from it all at once. And then retire peacefully. A Smiths reunion is a no -brainer.

This. 100%

Does anyone not think the middle path is the most likely eventuality?
That is, Marr and Moz write some new material?
Surely Moz would not perform with the one that got all that wad in the court case (who was it? Joyce or the other one? I don't follow these things).

In an interview I saw from not too long ago, he said the reason he won't reform the Smiths is because he doesn't like Johnny Marr. He explicitly said the reason is he doesn't like him very much. So I don't think he would do it. It wouldn't be like him at all. At this point, if I were Johnny Marr I would say no unless I really needed the money desperately.

In an interview I saw from not too long ago, he said the reason he won't reform the Smiths is because he doesn't like Johnny Marr. He explicitly said the reason is he doesn't like him very much. So I don't think he would do it. It wouldn't be like him at all. At this point, if I were Johnny Marr I would say no unless I really needed the money desperately.

In which interview Morrissey said that he didn't like Johnny Marr?

I don't remember reading such remarks.

Dears, he is just being ironic... that's all!

I will never, ever give up hope. Never. It's the holy grail. The great unwalked landscape. I mean it, I really, really mean it - I would happily die the day after seeing it happen.

P.

I will never, ever give up hope. Never. It's the holy grail. The great unwalked landscape. I mean it, I really, really mean it - I would happily die the day after seeing it happen.

P.

Fingers crossed then

P.

Heavy words so lightly thrown.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom