George Michael lets us in on a secret

Re: George Michael lets us in on a secret...

I'm sure if it happens George Michael will be the first to know.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure if it happens George Michael will be the first to know.

:rolleyes:

I can almost picture the deadpan look on your face when you said this.

For more on the smiths reunion there's a book out by a called Steven detailing just how and why they will never get back together, but no what does some twat from wham think?

Ooh, why all the George Michael snobbery and homophobia???
Hate to break this to you all but Morrissey and The Smiths are not much different to George Michael and Wham, it's just a difference of taste in who they appeal to and what they do/did. And Morrissey is clearly a big ol' bumder so where all the homophobia comes from can only be a sad place of self-deception, one imagines (though not for very long)...
It was probably a joke by George. Lighten up, people. Learn to recognise yuma.
The despair should set in only if it wasn't a joke and he was telling the truth. Dear God, please let it be a joke...

If this is true and it was announced I would grab popcorn, sit back and watch the pandemonium.

It's true. The Smiths ARE reforming, only with George Michael on vocals as Moz refuses to have anything to do with it. Tickets on sale next week. It's gonna be grand.

You gotta have faith! (wokka wokka)

Ooh, why all the George Michael snobbery and homophobia???
Hate to break this to you all but Morrissey and The Smiths are not much different to George Michael and Wham, it's just a difference of taste in who they appeal to and what they do/did. And Morrissey is clearly a big ol' bumder so where all the homophobia comes from can only be a sad place of self-deception, one imagines (though not for very long)...
It was probably a joke by George. Lighten up, people. Learn to recognise yuma.
The despair should set in only if it wasn't a joke and he was telling the truth. Dear God, please let it be a joke...
Somebody noted here quite recently on the irony of homophobia from Moz fans.

It's true. The Smiths ARE reforming, only with George Michael on vocals as Moz refuses to have anything to do with it. Tickets on sale next week. It's gonna be grand.

If George Michael is on vocals, there's a better chance of the show going on.

Why on earth, of all the answers he could have given would he give that answer?
Because he associates The Guardian with The Smiths?
Or are Wham! reforming?
Strange, but quite funny anyway.

George Michael & Morrissey: The INsiders tour

Performing a duo medley: "I'm your man / I'm not a man",

To me Morrissey will always be a heterosexual, because that's the context of how I first listened to The Smiths as a kid. I was into girls and from his songs I assumed he was too. That was my understanding of his songs and I still carry it with me today in my memories of listening to those amazing songs. He has changed for the worse over the years so what he wrote in his Autobiography (which I will never read) is irrelevant to me. But as for George Michael, unlike Moz he never had any talent to lose. He was shit from the very beginning. Comparing Wham to Smiths is just plain preposterous

To me Morrissey will always be a heterosexual, because that's the context of how I first listened to The Smiths as a kid. I was into girls and from his songs I assumed he was too. That was my understanding of his songs and I still carry it with me today in my memories of listening to those amazing songs. He has changed for the worse over the years so what he wrote in his Autobiography (which I will never read) is irrelevant to me. But as for George Michael, unlike Moz he never had any talent to lose. He was shit from the very beginning. Comparing Wham to Smiths is just plain preposterous

He never said he doesn't like the ladies.

Seriously. What I learned from this is that George Michael has a good sense of humor!

Yes agreed, some of is answers were quite funny so I assume he was just having another joke.

Seeing any qualitative difference between Wham and The Smiths is just self-regard. The Smiths are objectively better in your mind because you like The Smiths, nothing more.
In truth, your taste is no better nor worse than that of anyone else.

I've never been able to work out how anyone could be into The Smiths and not be aware of all the winks to homosexuality, the homoeroticism, the references to gay culture and camp, etc. You don't have to read Autobiography to be aware of it. So while you may have been into girls while listening to incredibly gay music, that doesn't change the nature of Morrissey's work itself... so, yes, being a Morrissey fan and using homophobic epithets is terribly tragic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom