George Michael to tour US this summer

It's hard to type this with a straight face, but everyone's favorite busted-for-lewd-conduct-celeb (well, second favorite, if you're Skinner) is going to cruise through the US for the first time in 25 years. In his words, it's less a comeback tour than "a way of saying thank you to everybody before I move on." Thankfully, he won't be singing "I Want Your Sex," "Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go)," or "PoP! Goes My Heart." :D

Tour dates, shamelessly pilfered from the article for those who are too lazy to click the link:
June 17: San Diego/San Diego Sports Arena
June 19: San Jose, Calif./HP Pavilion
June 21: Las Vegas/MGM Grand
June 22: Phoenix/US Airways Center
June 25: Los Angeles/Great Western Forum
July 2: Seattle/Key Arena
July 4: Vancouver/General Motors Place
July 7: St. Paul/Xcel Energy Center
July 9: Chicago/United Center
July 13: Dallas/American Airlines Center
July 14: Houston/Toyota Center
July 17: Toronto/Air Canada Centre
July 18: Montreal/Bell Centre
July 21 and 23: New York/Madison Square Garden
July 26: Philadelphia/Wachovia Center
July 27: Boston/TD Banknorth Garden
July 29: Washington, D.C./Verizon Center
July 31: Atlanta/Philips Arena
Aug. 2: Tampa/St. Pete Times Forum
Aug. 3: Sunrise, Fla./Bank Atlantic Center

Last edited by a moderator:
*crickets* :p

That's my summer holidays sorted! :p

NRitH, Johnny B on the Loop (WLUP) was joking about George Michael coming to town…all the while playing “Wake me up before you go go” and it’s been in my head all day. That is all. Oh, and Faith is an AWESOME album.

NRitH, Johnny B on the Loop (WLUP) was joking about George Michael coming to town…all the while playing “Wake me up before you go go” and it’s been in my head all day. That is all. Oh, and Faith is an AWESOME album.

I have to admit that I totally agree. I sold my copy years ago, then got another one, and sold that, too, and now I wish I had it again.

Oh, and Faith is an AWESOME album.

I'll admit that I like all of his albums. He had been trying to get out of his contract with Sony and it took many years. During the process he wrote the 'Listen without Prejudice' album, composing the songs and playing most of the instruments. He also speaks frankly of his career and past exploits.

Although it is blasphemous to admit on here, ( I have done it on this board on numerous occasions and have yet to be struck down) George is my other fave and I am so excited for the tour! ( No I am not kidding...)

Although it is blasphemous to admit on here, ( I have done it on this board on numerous occasions and have yet to be struck down) George is my other fave and I am so excited for the tour! ( No I am not kidding...)

Let it out , girl! I know I left myself open for admitting it as well, but here's a great song from his last studio album:

John And Elvis Are Dead, from Patience

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MLRIAYQV

Morrissey is one of the top artists. and i have listend to GMs music and it sucks. Morrissey wouldnt approve of his fans listening to him.

Morrissey is one of the top artists. and i have listend to GMs music and it sucks. Morrissey wouldnt approve of his fans listening to him.

You're probably correct. He may not approve of some other artists I enjoy. But judging by his continual commentary on others it is hard to believe that he likes anyone, period.

Back
Top Bottom