Getting stuff signed pre or post show?

Carcinus

Southern, no charm
I'm hitting one of the Vegas shows. I suppose it would be neat to have the new album signed; but if Morrissey only does that kind of thing at in-store events then I'd rather not fuss with carrying a record around.

What are your experiences with this?

I'm hitting one of the Vegas shows. I suppose it would be neat to have the new album signed; but if Morrissey only does that kind of thing at in-store events then I'd rather not fuss with carrying a record around.

What are your experiences with this?

Before show when he comes for sound check (2Pm..?) on the first day of the residency. He might stop, might not.

Or find out where he’s staying, that would be your best bet. Catching him
before he goes to the venue.

Good luck.

btw make sure your marker is working. It may also help to at least look ‘charming’.

Last edited:
in store events....?

When’s the last time he did a promotional record signing tour? Believe it was for Vauxhall. :unsure:

Also did some in stores for Autobiography.
One in Gothenburg?

Your best chance by far is during the show. Get on the barrier, with the LP and a marker pen, and he'll almost certainly sign it at some point during the performance. Your chances of him stopping before/after the show are very slight.

If that fails, they'll probably be selling signed copies at the merch booth for a few hundred dollars.

Before show when he comes for sound check (2Pm..?) on the first day of the residency.
Does Morrissey even bother to turn up for the soundcheck anymore these days? Last few times I've seen him, only the band have soundchecked, with Moz just arriving for the gig.

Blubbering John Keir did it a few years ago. Spent the night sobbing on the rail until Morrissey actually stopped pre song to ask him what he was playing it. He just wanted LIHS signing. There’s your plan.

Does Morrissey even bother to turn up for the soundcheck anymore these days? Last few times I've seen him, only the band have soundchecked, with Moz just arriving for the gig.

It’s rare that he doesn’t. Take a chance.

Entering and leaving the venue is a non starter. He won’t be anywhere near you.

Shelve this idea. It’s a sure fire recipe for disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom