Gilbert O' Sullivan gig review in the MEN

This is a good review
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...iews/s/1023433_gilbert_osullivan__opera_house

I have to admit, as much as I like Morrissey's cover of 'Nothing Rhymes' (and I was there in Dublin when he sang it!), it would have been far more appropriate for Morrissey to have covered 'Alone Again, Naturally'. Here's hoping!

Jukebox Jury

If I'd known, I would have been there. What a genius Gilbert (Raymond) was and still is. Alone Again Naturally is one of the most heartbreakingly honestly-written songs ever. Listening to it even now fills me up. I think there's a natural connection between Morrissey fans and Gilbert fans. Really.

Peter

If I'd known, I would have been there. What a genius Gilbert (Raymond) was and still is. Alone Again Naturally is one of the most heartbreakingly honestly-written songs ever. Listening to it even now fills me up. I think there's a natural connection between Morrissey fans and Gilbert fans. Really.

Peter

I agree.
When I was getting into pop music listening to Gilbert's songs on the radio made me very emotional although I didn't understand all of the lyrics.

Unashamebly i was at the gig on wednesday, and i have got to say the guy as still got it , not to keen on the review he got in, m.e.n, mixed as a lot of reviews seem to be in there for various people, the usual morrissey misery line[YAWN], anyway gilbert put on a bang on show , great bits of chat between songs a very down to earth man,his voice is still there, to end the gig he even got on the piano as we all stood up to sing get down , a real great tune to finish and a great feel in the crowd, he may not be hip and only me out of all my mates like him a [bit like morrissey] but who cares,
CHEERS GILBERT FOR A TOP TEN GIG NIGHT.....................................

GilbertO'Sullivan?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

shouldn't it be in other music topics!

GilbertO'Sullivan?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

shouldn't it be in other music topics!

Did you read the review? It mentioned Morrissey a couple of times which was the reason I posted it in this forum. Had it not mentioned Morrissey I wouldn't have even posted it under 'other music'.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom