why peoples no here now?

• no longer like Mozzarellas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
lesmiserables2-300x200.jpg

The people no longer here like at all, what ONE reason do you think that is mostly because of?

"Other, if vote this, please specify as to why in a comment"

You teach English?

I think it a combo. I dont know if chased away is the right wording but the toxic environment making it a more unpleasant place plus the lure of Facebook groups and twitter communities where people can set up and moderate there group with little technical skill required probably syphoned people away

Should have made a “Kewpie” option...it would have covered at least two of your choices.

I think that the rise of things like Facebook and Instagram and Reddit did it in more than anything else. I think that before those things come to the fore (though they've been around for awhile, yes), people were still chiefly communicating through chatrooms and message boards. I think people just want a way to connect with other people, even if it's in such an illusory way as this. But when those social media giants got super huge, I don't think that it was co-incidental that it was around the same time that traffic on here started to slip away. Probably happened to a lot of web forums.

I, personally, can't fathom how much time I spent on this place in the Skylarker days. And that was significantly after this place's heyday, although granted before it was quite the wasteland it is now.

And regarding the poll option "chased away; it's only words on a screen" OK, yeah. But have you been followed/stalked/contacted OFF of this site? Onto Facebook, and other platforms? Have you had personal information researched, manipulated, and disseminated here? I have. It's f***ed up.

And regarding what Viva said...yes, Kewpie and occasionally other mods -but mainly Kewpie- definitely bear the brunt of the blame.

And regarding the poll option "chased away; it's only words on a screen" OK, yeah. But have you been followed/stalked/contacted OFF of this site? Onto Facebook, and other platforms? Have you had personal information researched, manipulated, and disseminated here? I have. It's f***ed up.

Dude, you’re really asking this question to Robby? Lol. He has done and been done to. In fact, he’s the first person I ever encountered who did such a thing. He did it to me and a good friend named @Kuiper in our first year here. He’s directly responsible for pushing me over the line in the sand and I’ve never looked back. So, in a way, I should probably thank him because without that experience I’d probably be one of those twats who talk about puppies and lame shit.

And regarding what Viva said...yes, Kewpie and occasionally other mods -but mainly Kewpie- definitely bear the brunt of the blame.

She was a dick. She moved posts. She locked threads. She edited posts. She threatened people. She exposed personal information about people. She banned people unjustly. Those that weren’t banned by her got sick of it and just stayed in touch with the friends they made elsewhere. This site has never recovered from it.

Dude, you’re really asking this question to Robby? Lol. He has done and been done to. In fact, he’s the first person I ever encountered who did such a thing. He did it to me and a good friend named @Kuiper in our first year here. He’s directly responsible for pushing me over the line in the sand and I’ve never looked back. So, in a way, I should probably thank him because without that experience I’d probably be one of those twats who talk about puppies and lame shit.

She was a dick. She moved posts. She locked threads. She edited posts. She threatened people. She exposed personal information about people. She banned people unjustly. Those that weren’t banned by her got sick of it and just stayed in touch with the friends they made elsewhere. This site has never recovered from it.

Yeah I vaguely remember you mentioning Kuiper in the distant past.

My post was somewhat rhetorical inasmuch as I really don't care if Robby answers it or not and I would not have anything to do with him directly or at least privately as he creeps the f*** out of me.

Am I the only one here who gets the feeling that 85% of the people who have joined and posted regularly within the last, say, 2 years are the same 2 or 3 people?

Or is it just that this place has become so f***ing homogenized and people are so dull now that I can't tell the difference?

Or maybe I'm just too old.

Yeah I vaguely remember you mentioning Kuiper in the distant past.

My post was somewhat rhetorical inasmuch as I really don't care if Robby answers it or not and I would not have anything to do with him directly or at least privately as he creeps the f*** out of me.

It’s ok. You’re not Asian. You’ve got nothing to worry about. Well, maybe it’s not ok, I forgot that he “used to be gay”...what was his name again Robby? Oh, that’s right. Andy.

Am I the only one here who gets the feeling that 85% of the people who have joined and posted regularly within the last, say, 2 years are the same 2 or 3 people?

Or is it just that this place has become so f***ing homogenized and people are so dull now that I can't tell the difference?

Or maybe I'm just too old.

It seems that way...but I think that’s more indicative of the spinsters who cling to others of their ilk so that they have someone to talk to other than their dogs and cats.

It seems that way...but I think that’s more indicative of the spinsters who cling to others of their ilk so that they have someone to talk to other than their dogs and cats.

Indeed, now they can talk to each other about their dogs and cats :lbf:

I voted other, and because you asked for an explanation I would say it is the quality of his musical output post Quarry. It was released in 2004, and then ROTT in 2006, and I arrived in 2009. I don't follow things as closely as others, but I believe it was this slow decline that led many of the "older" posters to find other interests outside of this site.

I was friendly with many posters looking forward to a continuation of the resurgence he had sprung forward with Quarry, but then his change in lead musicians, and writers...then the mass exodus.

The gems are fewer and farther apart, and unless you have the die hard side to your devotion to him, then your time is better spent elsewhere. I remain because I have developed a good re pore with many new posters, and remain in touch with some from the past. Ultimately, this is the place to come to for those who truly like to be in contact with others who appreciate his music, and many find their way back here in their own time.

RE PORE????? WTF?????:confused:doh:

RAPPORT FFS:straightface:

Chariman Mao drove off the peeps from Sweden by his own self, while dining at the dollar store.Unreal.

I reckon all the jealous foreigners and people from New Youuuuawrk, Baaaawston, and Chi Caaaaawgo don't like looking at pics of a California surfer dude eating at Italian restaurants all over Moz Angeles inn n n n din't nn it fek'ell.

I voted other, and because you asked for an explanation I would say it is the quality of his musical output post Quarry. It was released in 2004, and then ROTT in 2006, and I arrived in 2009. I don't follow things as closely as others, but I believe it was this slow decline that led many of the "older" posters to find other interests outside of this site.
This.

Back
Top Bottom