good songs for concerts

Silke

Just wondered which songs you enjoy best at the concerts and why.

The reason I ask is that I really like Seasick, one of my favourite songs, but it has left me in a strange emotional state during two concerts so that I wonder in the other direction which songs you feel are for you most enjoyable to listen to at Morrissey concerts. Not thinking of favourite songs as such, but favourite songs in the actual concert setting.

Eventhough I've heard the song more times than is good for me, I still love How Soon Is Now? I just never seem to get tired of it.
Especially live with the extra drum-outro.
Matt Walker is really banging those drums! :cool:

Just wondered which songs you enjoy best at the concerts and why.

The reason I ask is that I really like Seasick, one of my favourite songs, but it has left me in a strange emotional state during two concerts so that I wonder in the other direction which songs you feel are for you most enjoyable to listen to at Morrissey concerts. Not thinking of favourite songs as such, but favourite songs in the actual concert setting.
moz did 1st of gang as an encore at the hull gig and it was 1st class,really something else:guitar:

The Loop is an obvious one, and 'Girlfriend In A Coma' and 'Irish Blood, English Heart'. Hearing 'I Keep Mine Hidden' live was brilliant too, which surprised me a little.
'Girlfriend...' is probably my favourite song in a concert setting, overall.

'Ask' sounds so much better live, it's probably my least favourite Smiths song but played live I was really enjoying it. 'I Keep Mine Hidden' was fantastic live too.

I love Seasick live, though it even sounds so lovely on the album aswell
i cant explain it really, its just such a comfortable song to listen to. It's quite enchanting. Also this charming man is quite awesome live, im growing quite fond to the 'rockier' version.

At the Apollo on Friday I really enjoyed This Charming Man, Black Cloud, Skull and Payroll. I was actually a bit disappointed with Some Girls, which I was really looking forward to, and also Paris. Don't ask me why, they just didn't click. In Hyde Park last year I loved Stretch Out and Wait, WDYFOFY?, Death of A Disco Dancer and Pigsty.

I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero would be a dream.

As would Come Back To Camden and Now My Heart is Full

I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero would be a dream.

As would Come Back To Camden and Now My Heart is Full

I've marked down a number of songs that I want to him to play at future gigs that I go to and that realistically he might do so (so no I Know It's Over etc), and Now My Heart Is Full is on there :)

well, during The Loop I did my first crowd surfing. it was in Madrid, last sumemr.
that said I think Ask is much better now than ever.
Panic was huge live, a punch in your face.

Girlfriend in a Coma is one of my faves.It's just so funny really.Who else could pen something like that?

Now My Heart Is Full does it for me every time.

I thought Panic as a set opener was amazing.

The Loop is an obvious one, and 'Girlfriend In A Coma' and 'Irish Blood, English Heart'. Hearing 'I Keep Mine Hidden' live was brilliant too, which surprised me a little.
'Girlfriend...' is probably my favourite song in a concert setting, overall.

I thought the Loop was outstanding at the Liverpool Empire along with I keep mine hidden. There is always one song that somehow manages to captivate me by surprise and recently it was Black Cloud as i love his voice and emotion especially when he sings 'sink much lower than usu~allll' and the higher notes.

Back
Top Bottom