Gothenburg book signing - media, queuing instructions

From Christian:

Most interesting is Swedish radio (local for Gothenburg). Interview with the
manager of the shop, she is called Maria Hammerfors
, yesterday (Monday).

She says "He (Morrissey) choose Gothenburg for his signing of his book release. According to the publisher he likes Gothenburg a lot and it was his wish to come to Gothenburg to do the signing here." More: "We will be ready on Thursday if there are thousands of fans coming". "He will only sign the book", on the question if you can bring your own albums/posters/books.

Regarding the restaurants in the area (McDonalds, Burger King): "It shouldn't be a problem. The publisher knows the area and they know the location of the book store".

Text on the website for the Swedish national radio.

More Swedish Radio, program "Kulturnytt i P4".

Biggest local press:
GP: Morrissey besöker Göteborg
GT: Morrissey i Göteborg – boksläpp i Nordstan

The biggest newspapers in Sweden (nationwide):
SVD: Morrissey till boksläpp i Göteborg
Aftonbladet: Morrissey klar för köpcentrum - i Göteborg

Also, link to tweet posted by Uncleskinny:

‏@girlwithout
Morrissey Göteborg 'Autobiography' signing information. Form orderly queue from 14.00, Wednesday 16 October. pic.twitter.com/3C48GurYA8

instore_instructions.png

UPDATE - photo of the signing location from Christian:

bild.jpg

Last edited:
My flight doesn't land till 5 on Wednesday I hope I'll be ok!
Truly disappointed it's only a two hour signing

Pick up a Penguin on Thursday.
Sorry, but could not resist. It will be a classic too, oh yes.
Hazard.
x

That sounds tight. I wouldn't be hopeful. By the time you get through customs/immigration, make your way and wait in line I fear you might be out of time. Have you pre ordered the book?

edit - although customs and immigration might not be a problem depending on where you are flying in from....

Last edited:

I'd cancel that flight if I were you. I bet he's outta there at 7 sharp.

Do you really think so?
How many would you guess will turn up?
I cant start queing before work ends on Thursday...

Talk is that Moz will be signing books in Manchester later in the year as well as doing some press.
The main reaso he isn't now is because he doesn't need to and like Gothenburg (though not as much as LA and some mor secret locations)

Talk is that Moz will be signing books in Manchester later in the year as well as doing some press.
The main reaso he isn't now is because he doesn't need to and like Gothenburg (though not as much as LA and some mor secret locations)
'secret locations' lol, it's such a massive thing isn't it, naming places you like.

I've got a secret location he can sign his book. With his pen.

Is.

I think he wanted to go somewhere where he could wear a stylish coat and not be sweaty all day wanting to slip into a pair of shorts.

I was reading the "rules" just now, and though most make sense, this one is a bit harsh: "Photography is OK, but no close-ups. Morrissey declines all photography along with the fans"

I can remember back in 1992 when he was signing in LA, the rules were similar - no hugging, taking pictures, etc., but when someone asked he politely posed for a photo or accepted hugs. I know he's changed, but I don't think he's changed that much...That has to be a store rule. Morrissey has always been very polite to us.

They have to at least try and discourage people. There could be hundreds of people in line, and if Moz has to get up from his table and pose for a photo with every sweaty one of them he's going to run out of time.

Morrissey is incapable of having true meaningful intimate relationships with people, his temper and insecurities get in the way. He finds other ways to find intimacy, immature at best, why would he actually want to be photographed with someone who likes him?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom