Gothenburg book signing - media, queuing instructions

From Christian:

Most interesting is Swedish radio (local for Gothenburg). Interview with the
manager of the shop, she is called Maria Hammerfors
, yesterday (Monday).

She says "He (Morrissey) choose Gothenburg for his signing of his book release. According to the publisher he likes Gothenburg a lot and it was his wish to come to Gothenburg to do the signing here." More: "We will be ready on Thursday if there are thousands of fans coming". "He will only sign the book", on the question if you can bring your own albums/posters/books.

Regarding the restaurants in the area (McDonalds, Burger King): "It shouldn't be a problem. The publisher knows the area and they know the location of the book store".

Text on the website for the Swedish national radio.

More Swedish Radio, program "Kulturnytt i P4".

Biggest local press:
GP: Morrissey besöker Göteborg
GT: Morrissey i Göteborg – boksläpp i Nordstan

The biggest newspapers in Sweden (nationwide):
SVD: Morrissey till boksläpp i Göteborg
Aftonbladet: Morrissey klar för köpcentrum - i Göteborg

Also, link to tweet posted by Uncleskinny:

‏@girlwithout
Morrissey Göteborg 'Autobiography' signing information. Form orderly queue from 14.00, Wednesday 16 October. pic.twitter.com/3C48GurYA8

instore_instructions.png

UPDATE - photo of the signing location from Christian:

bild.jpg

Last edited:
The book store closes at 8 pm so most likely he will stretch the signing to three hours, if there's a lot of fans at the signing.

Do you really think so?
How many would you guess will turn up?
I cant start queing before work ends on Thursday...

I shall be there I work next door Maccy Ds.
I shall be in full Ronald McDonald outfit after my shift will bring him some fries salted by myself and a banana hotdog

Magz

I was reading the "rules" just now, and though most make sense, this one is a bit harsh: "Photography is OK, but no close-ups. Morrissey declines all photography along with the fans"

I can remember back in 1992 when he was signing in LA, the rules were similar - no hugging, taking pictures, etc., but when someone asked he politely posed for a photo or accepted hugs. I know he's changed, but I don't think he's changed that much...That has to be a store rule. Morrissey has always been very polite to us.

I think it's rather the wish to sign as many books as possible. Posing for photos would take time away from the signing. According to the store manager they are aiming at 400 books signed during the two hours.

I think it's rather the wish to sign as many books as possible. Posing for photos would take time away from the signing. According to the store manager they are aiming at 400 books signed during the two hours.

Are you going to get there kind of early, Emil? This seems worth queueing for, a chance to be face to face.

Are you going to get there kind of early, Emil? This seems worth queueing for, a chance to be face to face.

Early – yes; exactly how early I'm not sure yet. The queue starts 2 p.m. today and the shopping mall will be open through the night. I will arrive in Gothenburg 8 p.m. Then I will probably go check out how many have started queuing but I'm not too keen on spending the night in the mall. I will probably start queuing around 8-9 a.m. tomorrow Thursday. That will probably (hopefully) suffice.

As I requested in another thread -- somebody make a little short film about this. You all have iPhones etc.
Por favor!

As I requested in another thread -- somebody make a little short film about this. You all have iPhones etc.
Por favor!

Chill out, dude! Just type #morrissey on instagram and you'll see several photos of people queuing outside the bookshop already.
And I am sure the event will be fully documented by the people out there so no need to worry :)

the list of rules and regulations is pretty ridiculous

hope everyone in attendance gets what they want :rolleyes:

Only 400 books? Are they crazy? There will be at least 2-3000 people there i think

Only 400 books, as someone mentioned in this thread? Not more? Or am I wrong? Can anybody confirm this.

the list of rules and regulations is pretty ridiculous

hope everyone in attendance gets what they want :rolleyes:

No it isn't ridiculous - this is pretty standard for signings where the author is only there for a limited amount of time. Otherwise the first ten people turn up with armfuls of records, CDs, posters, etc to be signed and everyone at the back misses out. There were similar "rules" for a Stephen Fry signing and I didn't hear anyone there making mean-spirited complaints. And at a Sparks signing I went to, you were asked to write out the dedication you wanted on a Post-It note for Ron and Russ to copy out...

But hey, this wouldn't be So_Low without someone finding something to complain about.

Only 400 books, as someone mentioned in this thread? Not more? Or am I wrong? Can anybody confirm this.

It'll be to ensure that there's a natural end to the signing session which doesn't involve Morrissey having to declare that he's had enough. Two hours and 400 books is one every eighteen seconds, so the event is probably going to have to overrun.

But, but... Instagram is fleeting. I want someone to craft a short film all for me, like the quaint Moz documentaries made in the late 80s and 90s. Interviews like the one with this girl at 1:18 who met Moz when Vauxhall came out:

Chill out, dude! Just type #morrissey on instagram and you'll see several photos of people queuing outside the bookshop already.
And I am sure the event will be fully documented by the people out there so no need to worry :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They have to at least try and discourage people. There could be hundreds of people in line, and if Moz has to get up from his table and pose for a photo with every sweaty one of them he's going to run out of time.

Understood. But it's a one chance meeting...some will ask for hugs, anyway, I'm sure.

Morrissey is incapable of having true meaningful intimate relationships with people, his temper and insecurities get in the way. He finds other ways to find intimacy, immature at best, why would he actually want to be photographed with someone who likes him?

Stop being silly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom