Gothenburg book signing - media, queuing instructions

From Christian:

Most interesting is Swedish radio (local for Gothenburg). Interview with the
manager of the shop, she is called Maria Hammerfors
, yesterday (Monday).

She says "He (Morrissey) choose Gothenburg for his signing of his book release. According to the publisher he likes Gothenburg a lot and it was his wish to come to Gothenburg to do the signing here." More: "We will be ready on Thursday if there are thousands of fans coming". "He will only sign the book", on the question if you can bring your own albums/posters/books.

Regarding the restaurants in the area (McDonalds, Burger King): "It shouldn't be a problem. The publisher knows the area and they know the location of the book store".

Text on the website for the Swedish national radio.

More Swedish Radio, program "Kulturnytt i P4".

Biggest local press:
GP: Morrissey besöker Göteborg
GT: Morrissey i Göteborg – boksläpp i Nordstan

The biggest newspapers in Sweden (nationwide):
SVD: Morrissey till boksläpp i Göteborg
Aftonbladet: Morrissey klar för köpcentrum - i Göteborg

Also, link to tweet posted by Uncleskinny:

‏@girlwithout
Morrissey Göteborg 'Autobiography' signing information. Form orderly queue from 14.00, Wednesday 16 October. pic.twitter.com/3C48GurYA8

instore_instructions.png

UPDATE - photo of the signing location from Christian:

bild.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so excited for the ones who are there waiting for him! I cant' wait for him to come to Los Angeles!

One of Sweden's most popular TV shows are recording a new season in Gothenburg during this week. Just saying.

Does anybody know how many are queuing at the moment? According to a local newspaper there were 30 people queuing at five. I'm planning on being there early tomorrow morning and am hoping that there won't be 200 people queuing then already.

Around 40 persons now (10.30 pm) planning to spend the night queuing

Thank you! I will be there around 8 a.m. tomorrow morning and that should be early enough if only 40 persons are spending the night.

Swedish radio in english: http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5676267

Maria Hamrefors, managing director of the Akademibokhandeln book chain, tells Radio Sweden that it was only on Monday that they received official confirmation that the 54-year-old singer had chosen Gothenburg and the west coast of Sweden for his one and only European book signing.

"We first heard about this a couple of weeks ago and we signed a confirmation as late as Monday and since then we have been really busy. We are so honoured and pleased and think it is fantastic that he is choosing Sweden, and Gothenburg and our store for his release," Maria Hamrefors says.

Asked by Radio Sweden why Morrissey had chosen Gothenburg and Sweden for his book launch, Maria Hamrefors says, "As far as I know, he really likes Sweden and he has some very good and nice fans in Gothenburg and has enjoyed playing concerts there."

The book store, close to the city train station, opened up a queueing system at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Around 1,000 copies of the book will be available at the store for when it opens at 10 a.m. Thursday. Fans are limited to three books-per-person.

Aftonbladet journalist Martin Söderström is a huge Morrissey fan and tells Radio Sweden why the man from Manchester continues to inspire such devotion.

"He's a real character in a music industry that is becoming more and more a glossy nothingness."

For security reasons, only ten people will be allowed into the store at one time during Morrissey's two-hour book signing session. The singer will only sign copies of his memoir and fans can take a picture of their idol, but only from a distance!

Autobiography has already caused controversy before its release when it was announced that it will be published by Penguin Classics, an imprint usually reserved for classic literature.

Stephen Patrick Morrissey, was born in Manchester in 1959 and won fame as the singer-songwriter and co-founder of the Smiths (1982-1987), one of the most influential bands to come out of the U.K. Morrissey's success has continued as a solo artist, and he has continued to sir up controversy with his outspoken views on a number of topics.

Talk is that Moz will be signing books in Manchester later in the year as well as doing some press.
The main reaso he isn't now is because he doesn't need to and like Gothenburg (though not as much as LA and some mor secret locations)

got a text yesterday from a friend who manages an indie bookstore saying their request for a Morrissey signing "has not been flat out refused, the door appears open". her store is in a metropolitan area, albeit not a mega-metropolitan area, so i'd be somewhat surprised if they got him but the larger point is it seems as though other signings are being considered.

I'm staying in a hotel just about 200 metres from the store and was just down to check the queue (for the third time or so since I got here yesterday). The queue is not very long yet, so it is not necessary to show up now to stand there for 9-10 hours. The store opens at 10, I expect it's from then on that the masses will start to show up. I'm impressed for those who has spent the night there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom