Gothenburg, Sweden "Autobiography" book signing (Oct. 17, 2013) - reports

Morrissey book signing in Gothenburg, Sweden at Akademibokhandeln Nordstan (Oct. 17, 2013).

Post your info and reports in the comments section below. Other related links (photos, external reviews, etc.) will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Morrissey launches Autobiography with single book signing in Sweden by David Crouch - The Guardian
Hundreds of fans attend bookshop for event billed as singer's sole appearance in Europe to promote memoir

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey visits Gothenburg for exclusive book signing (23 photos) - Julia Reinhart / Demotix

For the launch of his autobiography, the former Smiths frontman Morrissey appeared at Akademibokhandeln in Gothenburg, Sweden for his only book signing event. Fans from around the world queued up for up to 32 hours to get a chance to meet their idol.

Video link posted by an anonymous person:

Here's an interview with two fans, and a video of the signing of their books. Morrissey starts signing at ca. 05.50:

Mimounah fick träffa Morrissey - tv4.se

Link posted by @TheRedRadio / Twitter:

Morrissey book signing - Thursday 17th October 2013 (15 photos) - Contactmusic.com

morrissey-morrissey-book-signing_3910488.jpg

Start of the signing video posted on YouTube, link posted by an anonymous person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KnR3PF3rEI

Last edited:
If you are at book signing, please give him a kiss on the forehead.... I think he needs one.

He looks so handsome. How nice to see the place was crowded. God, I hope he comes to Los Angeles. He has too right? Its Moz Angeles after all.

I got my signed copy!

I got there at about eight in the morning and then there were about 50-60 people queuing. When the signing started about a quarter to five maybe 500 people were queuing. He really took his time with the fans, giving hugs, chatting, signing arms etc. He was very nice and seemed very happy. Eventhough I was among the first 50-60 people it took almost two hours after Morrissey arrived before I could meet him. I was talking to a woman who worked at the book store, Akademibokhandeln, and apprarently Penguin contacted them saying that Morrissey wanted to come to Sweden to do a book signing. Akademibokhandeln proposed that he came to Stockholm but Morrissey wanted to come to Gothenburg. She also said that he is going to Berlin next but probably not for a book signing. The Penguin people who were there said that this would be the only book signing. But who knows?

I got my signed copy!

I got there at about eight in the morning and then there were about 50-60 people queuing. When the signing started about a quarter to five maybe 500 people were queuing. He really took his time with the fans, giving hugs, chatting, signing arms etc. He was very nice and seemed very happy. Eventhough I was among the first 50-60 people it took almost two hours after Morrissey arrived before I could meet him. I was talking to a woman who worked at the book store, Akademibokhandeln, and apprarently Penguin contacted them saying that Morrissey wanted to come to Sweden to do a book signing. Akademibokhandeln proposed that he came to Stockholm but Morrissey wanted to come to Gothenburg. She also said that he is going to Berlin next but probably not for a book signing. The Penguin people who were there said that this would be the only book signing. But who knows?

Awwww, thanks for the review, Emil! I'm so happy you got to be a part of that. :sweet: It looks very intimate, like one person at a time was able to go up to him.

I got my signed copy!

Wonderful to hear. Very happy for you. :)

Re: Article: Gothenburg, Sweden "Autobiography" book signing (Oct. 17, 2013) - reports

Awwww, thanks for the review, Emil! I'm so happy you got to be a part of that. :sweet: It looks very intimate, like one person at a time was able to go up to him.

It was. One person at the time face to face. There was a walk of about 5 metres from the queue to Morrissey. He had two Penguin people on either side. I shook his hand and thanked him for coming to Gothenburg. He said it was his pleasure or something similar. He signed my book and a book for my brother. I thanked him again and leaved. Totally worth the eleven hours of queuing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderful to hear. Very happy for you. :)

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey has quit signing books just now. After three hours. One more than he was supposed to.

Re: Article: Gothenburg, Sweden "Autobiography" book signing (Oct. 17, 2013) - reports

It was. One person at the time face to face. There was a walk of about 5 metres from the queue to Morrissey. He had two Penguin people on either side. I shook his hand and thanked him for coming to Gothenburg. He said it was his pleasure or something similar. He signed my book and a book for my brother. I thanked him again and leaved. Totally worth the eleven hours of queuing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey has quit signing books just now. After three hours. One more than he was supposed to.

And leaved you did!

LOL

Any quotes from the great man himself? Is that Damon in the background in the first photo? White denim jacket very throw back to the 90's. I'm a quarter of the way through the book enjoying it so far, my heart is full.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom