Graffiti/Sketch on the wall at the United Concourse at Los Angeles Airport (LAX) - TTY

I hope somebody posts more info here. Will it remain? Has it already been removed? Any more pics out there? Who is the artist?

I hope somebody posts more info here. Will it remain? Has it already been removed? Any more pics out there? Who is the artist?

Good questions, Reality. I’m surprised someone was able to graffiti on the airport property without security removing them. However, they did recently miss someone going in with a shotgun in tote who proceeded to shoot up the place.

That Banksy gets around!

But it doesn't look like Banksy's style. He usually makes simple stencils with political, thought-provoking themes. This one is a very detailed sketch with a pro-establishment message...
Oh, look, a heterosexual graffiti. Goes nicely with the edited hardback autobiography... (eyeroll).
:D

I'm not believing it is real until I see more pics. Or see a pic with some background which proves it is in the concourse of the airport. Someone could have taken a pic of the wall, then created the image in a photo editing program. Could be a hoax.

UPDATE 1:15 PM PT:

An anonymous person posted the link which provides context and identifies the artist as Shizu Saldamando:

The Magic Of The Everyday: An Interview With Shizu Saldamando - Los Angeles, I'm Yours

Excerpt:

I first encountered Shizu Saldamando‘s work at LAX. Her intricate and intimate pen-on-bedsheet portraits flank the “Departures Hallway” between Terminal 7 and 8, and brought me out of my air-travel tunnel-vision long for a few pleasurable minutes. Saldamando’s work appears at the airport as part of LAX’s newly initiated Influx project, which aims to “transform the airport’s public spaces into art spaces.”

the-magic-of-the-everyday-an-interview-with-shizu-saldamando-1.jpg

Graffiti/sketch on the wall at the United concourse at Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
- true-to-you.net

morrissey_night.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen that lots of times before. It's not a new sketch and I can't see where it could be at LAX, unless that's a photo he saw in a magazine or whatever and took a photo of it at LAX.
But this is definitely not the first time I see this.

I've seen that lots of times before. It's not a new sketch and I can't see where it could be at LAX, unless that's a photo he saw in a magazine or whatever and took a photo of it at LAX.
But this is definitely not the first time I see this.

I wonder if it is a drawing on fabric, held up and photographed at LAX? Haha.

My thought is it is part of this : http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=7580
That would explain why the author removed it from tumblr too.
And I don't think it's a drawing on fabric, I think it's a photo of a photo of a drawing on fabric. Makes sense?
Could just be framed as it is in one of LAX art galleries. After all, Morrissey is a big part of LA culture, isn't he?

My thought is it is part of this : http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=7580
That would explain why the author removed it from tumblr too.
And I don't think it's a drawing on fabric, I think it's a photo of a photo of a drawing on fabric. Makes sense?
Could just be framed as it is in one of LAX art galleries. After all, Morrissey is a big part of LA culture, isn't he?

Makes sense. I think you may have solved the mystery. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom