Grave Morrissey picks burial spot...

spazrock

Grave Morrissey picks burial spot

Singer Morrissey is known for being a bit morbid, so it's no surprise that he already knows where he wants to be buried.

The 48-year-old star wants a spot at the celebrity cemetery Hollywood Forever, near his home in Los Angeles, the Daily Express reports.

And not just that, but the former Smiths frontman also wants to be laid to rest near his music idol Johnny Ramone.

"I like that cemetery. I stumbled across Johnny Ramone's stone and thought it was very nicely placed," he is quoted as saying.

"I sat there for a long time and I felt quite good about it. It was nice his bones were under the soil I was sitting on. So yeah, that's my spot.

"I am considering putting money down to reserve a spot there. Death is a serious thing, certainly not to be sneezed at," he added.

And as for the inscription?

"I want nothing other than name, birth date, death date. I did think of having the words 'Home at last' but Bela Lugosi has already used that," he said.

http://entertainment.pipex.com/pipex/story/0,17019,8832_1902810,00.html

This was in the L.A. Weekly interview, if I recall correctly. Thanks though! And HE'S NOT 48 YET! Not Until May 22.....:D ayayaye! Can't people at least get his age right??:p He's not going anywhere soon, so there should be no rush for him to by his spot.

God why can't they give him a break! Just because he's famous he gets this sort of bad publicity, there is nowt wrong with picking where you want to be buried or what to have as your inscription, I’ve already picked my resting place and my inscription. :D

God why can't they give him a break! Just because he's famous he gets this sort of bad publicity, there is nowt wrong with picking where you want to be buried or what to have as your inscription, I’ve already picked my resting place and my inscription. :D

Good for you! It's better to prepared that not, no?

It is from the LA Weekly. I brought several copies home. In a month or so I'll sell them on ebay for $125 a piece. :p

Well said Slummy! This was reported in the Daily Express so what can you expect? Unless you are actually a Moz fan this is a bit of a non-story so they have to spice it up a bit and make him out to be a morbid, death obsessed freak who spends all his spare time sitting on dead celebrity graves, wishing it was him.
(er, well they may have a small point. (But only a small one)). They have just taken his quotes out of context lumped them all together as if that is all he has to say for himself.

Last edited:
It is from the LA Weekly. I brought several copies home. In a month or so I'll sell them on ebay for $125 a piece. :p

Smart thinking! I should've done that. There were stacks at a liquor store near my best friend's mum's house.

Is this the same cemetery where he took the pictures for the There Is A Light That Never Goes Out single???

Morrissey has yet to buy a plot in that cemetery. In the interview he suggests he might.

Morrissey has yet to buy a plot in that cemetery. In the interview he suggests he might.

Ah but he has, we signed the agreement together, hence that's why i know where we are going....:D He really just doesn't want everyone crashing at his:D

oh yes. i saw this in the la weekly.

Back
Top Bottom