Greatest Morrissey-Solo song of all so far?

Erik

Subscriber
As Moz fans, if you based all the key ingredients on what is REALLY the best song he has done wouldn't it be(in no particular order):

lyrics
melody
music
autobiographical
relatability

I'm sure there can be others but, with that said I think the choice is obvious...

TROUBLE LOVES ME

I love Trouble Loves Me very much, but according to The Moz/Smiths Top 100 polls Everyday Is Like Sunday is the most popular solo song at the moment.

I feel that although you present a good case, the categories for judging these songs are not universal. I know it is fun to have autobiographical content in songs, namely Moz songs, but I enjoy him writing from a different pov, his social commentary etc. Not all songs that are about him are best in my book. Also I think lyrically, some songs are bigger than others. :p Basically he can say just as much with one song as the next.

I know most people will think me a fool for my favorite Moz solo song; which we all know is National Front Disco. My reasons for this are actually mostly to do with the music and little to do with the lyrics. I know, shame on me for saying such things but there are certain songs that are just stellar with little or no explanation and I think to question that would perhaps take away from how good you think the song is.

There are certain songs out there that the second it hits your ears it's like an audio orgasm. Certain songs just sound perfect. And I think we should be thankful of these songs and not try to dissect them for reasons of greatness. Just enjoy them.

As Moz fans, if you based all the key ingredients on what is REALLY the best song he has done wouldn't it be(in no particular order):

lyrics
melody
music
autobiographical
relatability

I'm sure there can be others but, with that said I think the choice is obvious...

TROUBLE LOVES ME

I have to agree.

Now My Heart Is Full, a perfect ten.:)

The way I choose is I pretend I am about to be locked away in a cell for the rest of my life and within the next 3 minutes I have to choose which song I shall take with me. The answer...

LATE NIGHT, MAUDLIN STREET

Love PTxx.

lyrics
melody
music
autobiographical
relatability

TROUBLE LOVES ME

Couldn't agree more.:D

:eek: how on earth are you people able to name one favourite? hats off to you, I would rather eat.. (on second thought, better abandon that line of thought... )

Ok, serious now, I find it extremely difficult to pick just one... Having said that, I've always been rather fond of I've Changed My Plea to Guilty. Wouldn't say it's his best, but a lovely song anyway.

Back
Top Bottom