Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Still Ill / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / November Spawned A Monster / Sweet And Tender Hooligan / Let Me Kiss You // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Amsden

Image posted by Taterx (original post):

greenvale.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

Good show until the encore. Some total waste of space out for his selfish life-long ambition of hugging the man totally sacked him. The idiot literally put Moz in a headlock and wouldn't let go. Moz was visibly shaken and in obvious pain, couldn't sing for several verses, clutched his neck and looked extremely pissed. I'm hoping there was no damage that causes any tour date cancellations. Moz should press charges. Other than that, Moz sounded fantastic, though he did at times seem to lose his voice. Hopefully he hasn't caught a cold and it was just minor strain from some of the more taxing lyrics.
:eek:

Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

setlist improved comparing Australia and Auckland and Wellington gigs

How? All those songs were played here in AU.

Good show until the encore. Some total waste of space out for his selfish life-long ambition of hugging the man totally sacked him. The idiot literally put Moz in a headlock and wouldn't let go. Moz was visibly shaken and in obvious pain, couldn't sing for several verses, clutched his neck and looked extremely pissed. I'm hoping there was no damage that causes any tour date cancellations. Moz should press charges. Other than that, Moz sounded fantastic, though he did at times seem to lose his voice. Hopefully he hasn't caught a cold and it was just minor strain from some of the more taxing lyrics.

People should learn to control themselves. Good grief. It's not 1992 anymore.

setlist improved comparing Australia and Auckland and Wellington gigs

please be carefull when rush on stage, to be precise his the part between his head and upper body starts, that small piece can ruin ones life, or as seen , getting scared,so I guess that a stronger
stage rush army will apear the next gigs

2 of the stage rushers should be banned for life to see any artsist, they belong in a cage

Those stage invaders are pathetic attention seekers. It's usually the same people who try to get on stage at every gig!

@thetheaster
Shout out to the girl who jumped on stage at the Morrissey concert &tried to make out with him.You my friend are nuts& that's coming from me

:straightface:

It was an amazing show! Saw him years ago in San Diego and he has gotten better with age. Young band helps, I'm sure!

As I'm going to 4 of the next 5, if there's any cancellations I will hunt them down and kill them. F'ing morons.

I thought it was a great gig (I usually do). A more obviously crowd-pleasing set than my last time out in (Manchester, 28 July 2012). Crowd seemed really appreciative.

Always strange to see a venue with those polite rows of chairs so close to the stage. The first stage invader of the evening was politely ushered back into us position at the front of the crowd. Two of the stage invaders were dealt with pretty roughly - bouncers grabbed them by the hair and threw them back off.

I thought Morrissey was on fine form, humorous and acerbic. And looking buff when his shirt came off during Let Me Kiss You.

Really looking forward to Brooklyn on Friday.

2013-01-09_22.23.56.jpg

Last edited:

It wasn't that damn Joey again was it?

I was at the show last night, and this was my 4th time seeing him in concert since about 2002/2003. I thought this was a phenomenal show, and the second best one I've gone to of his. Overall pretty good set list, I thought his band was extremely tight. First time I saw this drummer with him, and he KICKED ASS! I thought Moz sounded great and looked good as always. My husband who was kind enough to come with me, who has never seen him live, and is not a fan of his music, was actually really impressed with how much more the songs had a "rock" feel than on the albums, and he said he liked hearing his voice live better as well. Great show all around.

My only complaint is I wish he'd drop the Meat is Murder segment with the video, etc. I'm vegetarian, I'm sure most of his audience by now is vegetarian or vegan, if he wants to do the song that's one thing, but the video and everything is a little rough. My husband and I sat slumped in our seats looking at the floor. I don't like any kind of personal politics in my concerts and too many artists do it nowadays. Just entertain, that's what they're paid to do. He had the PETA reps there, great, I'm a member anyway so I went to say hi, sign a petition, grabbed some stuff from the table. That's all ya need.

And for the people rushing the stage, it's fun to watch people try and get up there, and I get that they want to hug him, etc. but I don't get the people who forcefully attack the guy. If he's your idol why would you want to possibly harm him? I agree with others here, he DID look like he was in a lot of pain after that one person wouldn't let go of his neck. I hope the guy is ok. I thought some of the security guards were a little rough, they were really forcefully tossing people off the stage. On the other hand, there were some people who just simply wanted to give him a nice hug like the young boy who was like 10, 11 who got up, and the goth looking chick near the end who just gave him a hug, and Morrissey actually reciprocated very nicely putting his arm around her and holding her for a bit.

Oh yeah, was also thrilled he played some Bowie in his video montage before the show!! With Bowing coming out of his semi-retirement of the past decade, that really got me pumped for the up and coming new material Bowie is going to be releasing in the next few months!

Little girls and weakling boys have been publicly brutalized for years by his own heavy-set bouncers. You'd think Moz would be able to handle a little pain; he's the one who's always bragging about being such an athlete

Ta for sharing Who Put The M in Manchester connection to that poem shared at opening. Had me in tears having lived it in L'pool in love and then Stateside!

Too, Allen Ginsberg shared that we seek the mystic fix as audience and I'm thinking our Mozza's 54 almost if I'm doing the math right....and perraps the hug and holds should be archived and put to bed....let him get on with the show....archive photos of him being hugged or let him perform in a shark tank as the yobbos needin' to grab a piece are just....well....artifacts it would seem...

My only complaint is I wish he'd drop the Meat is Murder segment with the video, etc. I'm vegetarian, I'm sure most of his audience by now is vegetarian or vegan,

At least 50% of the audience still eat meat going by the McDonald's full of people wearing Morrissey T shirts after every show.

How? All those songs were played here in AU.

not at 1 gig though I think he should skip ' fatty' and bring 'november in' is , which he played the most
at his solo live gigs

sad springheeld-Jim and I want the one I can't have aren't played, but he got about 25 to 30 songs, he switches over the tour

He played more Smiths songs in AU

well yer 90% right, sorry

Last edited:

How to post a video here?

People should learn to control themselves. Good grief. It's not 1992 anymore.

On the other hand could have wanted to throttle him for cancelling previous gigs which reminds me any news on Mummy? Apology?
Strange that don't ya think!!

The concert was phenomenal. There was one guy on crutches near the front row who put his crutch up and Moz shook it. There was another instance where a little boy, (I think he was a little boy), ran up on stage and gave him a hug and a note. Too cute.

How to post a video here?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fwf6JrZ-OI[/video.]

Except WITHOUT the period after "video" in the closing brackets. (The code disappears if I don't throw a period in there and you can't see how to do it.) You have to host it on youtube or something, I don't think this site hosts videos.

I admire Morrissey's political fervor and respect and generally support his opinions regarding animal rights (carnivore that I am). That having been said, MUST Meat is Murder be a mainstay in the setlist? Far be it for me to complain, but a concert for me must be about pace and energy, as much as anything else. To that point, MiM, is simply a brooding, boring, downer, and that's even without the factory farming PSA that I can assure you, nobody who attends a concert out for sheer pleasure really needs to see, even IF Moz feels it's his duty to show it.
I have been very satisfied with the concerts on the tour, but you cannot tell me that for the 8 minutes Moz and the lads crash and moan through MiM, that you would not rather have Paint a Vulgar Picture and Cemetry Gates, or Panic (if you are going the Smiths route), or perhaps Last of the..., First of the..., Nobody Loves Us, More You Ignore Me..., Now My Heart is Full, Interesting Drug, on and on and on... ANYTHING besides Meat is Murder.
Come on Morrissey! Brooklyn tomorrow! A lot of vegans live there, so you'll be preaching to the choir anyway. Replace the slogging death march that takes up 10% of your bloody setlist, with something that energizes the crowd and brings a great night into a thrilling homestretch. Politics and music work as a one-off, for a benefit, but not as a staple all tour long.

Agreed. As I said in my post, I'm vegetarian, so I respect his views, but I don't like the preachiness of it. I don't do it to people, I don't like it done to me. And that's with ANYTHING. But he had a great groove going up to that point and just killed it with this. Like you said, in the amount of time it took him to do that song, they could've fit three more amazing ones in the set.

Another perfect example of this, I saw Elton John a couple years back at Madison Square Garden, and he brought up Leon Russell on stage, halfway through the show because they had recently done an album together. Ok, great, expose your new material. They played about the whole DAMN ALBUM, and not that they weren't great songs, but in the middle of a great show like that, it just killed the audience's mood making us sit through a bunch of songs nobody knew. Again, 2 or 3 is acceptable. A whole album's worth? zzzzzzz...... Not to mention poor Leon Russell looks like Father Time and moved like him to get to and from his keyboard to play.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom