Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Still Ill / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / November Spawned A Monster / Sweet And Tender Hooligan / Let Me Kiss You // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Amsden

Image posted by Taterx (original post):

greenvale.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

is last night is the reason why morrisseys tour security are so heavy handed? 2 incidents last night could of seen him seriously hurt and the whole tour could of been over. people have tickets and flights booked for other shows including myself and where would we be now? that said, the english security guard on the left of the stage is too heavy handed but then maybe he has to be? but still no need to put people in headlocks and throw them head first off stage.

Those stage invaders are pathetic attention seekers. It's usually the same people who try to get on stage at every gig![/QUOTE]

Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

People should learn to control themselves. Good grief. It's not 1992 anymore.

Oh yes. Yes, 1992, the year of the ARSE:

You’re Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Glamorous Glue
We will Let You Know
The National Front Disco
Certain People I Know
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
You’re The One For Me, Fatty.
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
I Know It’s Going to Happen Someday
Tomorrow
Let The Right One Slip In
Jack The Ripper
Such A Little Thing/My Instiable One
He Knows I’d Love To See Him
Girl Least Likely To
Alsatian Cousin
Sister, I’m A Poet
Everyday Is Like Sunday in Gt. Yarmouth
Suedehead
The Loop
Interesting Drug
Last Of The Famous International Playboys
November Spawned A Monster

Oh what fun we had.
Black Tshirt
Dark Jeans
Jumping off the balcony
Jumping onto the stages

God bless Alain and Garry. Oh they were good. Alain and Garry and double bass too - never forget them x

But no one would try and hook Morrissey's neck in 1992 or EVER - that's just complete and utter madness and totally unsafe for everyone !

Strawberry

Agreed. As I said in my post, I'm vegetarian, so I respect his views, but I don't like the preachiness of it. I don't do it to people, I don't like it done to me. And that's with ANYTHING. But he had a great groove going up to that point and just killed it with this. Like you said, in the amount of time it took him to do that song, they could've fit three more amazing ones in the set.

Yeah, it's true. I mean, I comb these setlists when I know Moz is coming to my town, just to get a feel for what songs I can expect, and I am always genuinely disappointed (truly, truly, truly) when I see that Meat is Murder is included. Look, it's simply not a good song, at least nowhere near as good as many, many other songs that he could play instead. Politics and morals not withstanding, who would actually ever want to sit and listen to that song for free, let along pay $80 to hear it at a concert?
Morrissey puts on a great live show, and has so many wonderful, energetic tunes in his catalog, be they up tempo or down tempo, major key or minor key, that he can play instead of Meat is Murder, especially at the length that the song takes. At least it gives me a chance for a piss break.
I know that Moz has not played Meat is Murder at EVERY tour stop. Here's hoping he scraps it tomorrow night in favor of a song (or two, or three), that are simply better and more pleasant.

Selfish aside: I have been attending Morrissey concerts for 20 years and my parents, who live in Brooklyn, have never seen him and do not know much about him. But, knowing how much I love his music, my father bought tickets for tomorrow night's concert, and they will be there as well as my wife and me. I really will cringe when MiM comes on with the accompanying video. I want my parents to have a good opinion of the man. Please, no Meat is Murder.

Boz Boorer ‏@Boz_Boorer
Apparently it's my 800th show with Morrissey tonight.

Wow!

On the other hand could have wanted to throttle him for cancelling previous gigs which reminds me any news on Mummy? Apology?
Strange that don't ya think!!

Strange? No. News concerning his mother's health, unless he wants to share, is really none of our concern - though, of course, I hope she is well. He's rescheduled most of the tour and an apology seems absurd when he cancelled because of a family emergency. Stop assuming. It's obvious the guy was too excited and out of control. I'm all for hugging Morrissey, but tenderly. Lots of passion can be given with a gentle touch.

Oh yes. Yes, 1992, the year of the ARSE:

You’re Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Glamorous Glue
We will Let You Know
The National Front Disco
Certain People I Know
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
You’re The One For Me, Fatty.
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
I Know It’s Going to Happen Someday
Tomorrow
Let The Right One Slip In
Jack The Ripper
Such A Little Thing/My Instiable One
He Knows I’d Love To See Him
Girl Least Likely To
Alsatian Cousin
Sister, I’m A Poet
Everyday Is Like Sunday in Gt. Yarmouth
Suedehead
The Loop
Interesting Drug
Last Of The Famous International Playboys
November Spawned A Monster

Oh what fun we had.
Black Tshirt
Dark Jeans
Jumping off the balcony
Jumping onto the stages

God bless Alain and Garry. Oh they were good. Alain and Garry and double bass too - never forget them x

But no one would try and hook Morrissey's neck in 1992 or EVER - that's just complete and utter madness and totally unsafe for everyone !

Strawberry

Yes - it was great! I remember and miss the times, but we were all much younger! I don't remember him ever getting hurt by a fan. I have a neck injury from a car crash in 2005 and to this day I have trouble with muscle lock and pain. Grabbing Morrissey by the neck like that really could injure him and...well...stop the tour completely. And, really, there's no reason to rush the stage and knock him down. He communicates more with us now than he ever did twenty years ago. Go gently! :)

Boz Boorer ‏@Boz_Boorer

Wow!

Cool! 1-800 is a free phone call in America. :p

Boz Boorer ‏@Boz_Boorer

Wow!

And its telling to, some things improve with time like a mature blue cheese washed down with a full bodied glass of red, oh well never mind. Long live fuzz,distortion,overdrive,feedback and twanging

And for the people rushing the stage, it's fun to watch people try and get up there, and I get that they want to hug him, etc. but I don't get the people who forcefully attack the guy. If he's your idol why would you want to possibly harm him? I agree with others here, he DID look like he was in a lot of pain after that one person wouldn't let go of his neck. I hope the guy is ok. I thought some of the security guards were a little rough, they were really forcefully tossing people off the stage. On the other hand, there were some people who just simply wanted to give him a nice hug like the young boy who was like 10, 11 who got up, and the goth looking chick near the end who just gave him a hug, and Morrissey actually reciprocated very nicely putting his arm around her and holding her for a bit.

400000_533618039991380_1650887098_n.jpg
That girl was me! He was absolutely lovely to me and even helped me get on the stage. I think he really appreciates when people are polite in their approach and don't freak out on him and attempt to harm him out of enthusiasm. :/

I think part of the reasons the guards were so brutal,besides the twats doing things like grabbing his neck,was because it was an unchecked show and anyone could've had all kinds of dangerous items in their bags and pockets and such. I still really didn't like how they put people in chokeholds just for trying to have some brief contact. D:

All that aside,AMAZING show. Mozza talked to the audience and put on a lovely performance. I was particularly fond of the song choices and Alma Matters was an awesome moment. Can't wait to see him again the 19th <3

Why is it whenever Morrissey rolls into the NYC area, you get a bunch of people throwing fits over stage invaders? It's like so much of the city has lost its soul, having become accustomed to living in a militarized zone, where control over the people is evident everywhere - including music halls. It's really getting tiresome. The stage invaders did not harm Morrissey at the show. People saying he was almost hurt need to get a grip. If he "looked in pain", realize he does that for the sake of theatrics. He did the same when the kid hugged him. Don't you get it?

What the f*** was Morrissey on about when he mentioned sharing his toothbrush at the beginning of How Soon Is Now? Does anybody have a clue? It almost seemed as though he was being cryptic. Can't wait for my home town how in Brooklyn tomorrow, Jeez it'll be another great night.

Nobby Squires

That was a lovely, gentle hug, Taterx. I could not believe my eyes when the guy grabbed him by the neck and would not let go. Morrissey came back on stage facing the drum kit holding his neck with both hands. I nearly cried. I hope he wasn't hurt and the clutching at his neck was more of a way to relax himself after the incident. Lets all remember that the tour has just begun, keep our emotions in check, be gentle with Moz, so the rest of the country waiting can see him in one piece. :)

View attachment 14722
That girl was me! He was absolutely lovely to me and even helped me get on the stage. I think he really appreciates when people are polite in their approach and don't freak out on him and attempt to harm him out of enthusiasm. :/

I think part of the reasons the guards were so brutal,besides the twats doing things like grabbing his neck,was because it was an unchecked show and anyone could've had all kinds of dangerous items in their bags and pockets and such. I still really didn't like how they put people in chokeholds just for trying to have some brief contact. D:

All that aside,AMAZING show. Mozza talked to the audience and put on a lovely performance. I was particularly fond of the song choices and Alma Matters was an awesome moment. Can't wait to see him again the 19th <3

Lovely pic. So sweet. :)

All You Need To Know.......

PetaKillsAnimals.Com

not at 1 gig though I think he should skip ' fatty' and bring 'november in' is , which he played the most
at his solo live gigs

sad springheeld-Jim and I want the one I can't have aren't played, but he got about 25 to 30 songs, he switches over the tour

He played more Smiths songs in AU

well yer 90% right, sorry

Ah no sorry but the opera house gig had all those songs plus Sunday and please, please.

- marred.

Great show who wants to eat meat after that show?

I'm a little upset about this list. That looks a little too familiar. I see him next Friday and although it's my first Moz show and I will truly be happy with anything he sings, why can't he pick more of his good early 90s songs to play????
But then again...I would do anything to hear rockabilly Morrissey...but I missed those days I suppose.

Encore Video

Here's the encore from the pit. For some reason YouTube didn't let me upload it in HD, so the video quality isn't that great.

Last edited by a moderator:

I will be seeing Moz tomorrow night in Brooklyn. Does anyone know if he has ever played in Brooklyn before? The venue is a beautiful old Opera house so the acoustics should be great.

I'm a little upset about this list. That looks a little too familiar. I see him next Friday and although it's my first Moz show and I will truly be happy with anything he sings, why can't he pick more of his good early 90s songs to play????
But then again...I would do anything to hear rockabilly Morrissey...but I missed those days I suppose.

This list is very weak. The solo songs that he selects are very much part of his weaker library.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom