Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Still Ill / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / November Spawned A Monster / Sweet And Tender Hooligan / Let Me Kiss You // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Amsden

Image posted by Taterx (original post):

greenvale.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

I am seeing Morrissey at the Brooklyn Academy of Music tomorrow. It will be my second Moz concert, as I saw him for the first time at Terminal 5. While it was an amazing show, this setlist looks even better. I hope he plays a similar one. I was pleasantly surprised by Maladjusted and Speedway, so I am glad he's not dropping those two from the set. But I am also very psyched by the possibility of hearing How Soon is Now, November Spawned a Monster, Sweet and Tender Hooligan, and Irish Heart, English Blood live in less than 12 hours.

Re: Article: Greenvale, NY - Tilles Center for the Performing Arts (Jan. 9, 2013) pos

After seeing the video of 'How Soon Is Now' did Boz have to go over and help get the neck grabber off of Moz ? It happened right over by him and sure looks like he walks back to the guitar after doing something by Moz . Security blocks some video chasing other stage invaders so it is a bit unclear.

After seeing the video of 'How Soon Is Now' did Boz have to go over and help get the neck grabber off of Moz ? It happened right over by him and sure looks like he walks back to the guitar after doing something by Moz . Security blocks some video chasing other stage invaders so it is a bit unclear.

Don't think so. Seems like security were the only ones doing more than hugging. Grabbing people by the hair? Come on....

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't think so. Seems like security were the only ones doing more than hugging. Grabbing people by the hair? Come on....

Great video. Perfect venue for stage invading. No wonder so many people were successful. Loved the moment when the pretty blonde, who posted her pic earlier in the thread, gave Moz a gentle hug.

Oh yes. Yes, 1992, the year of the ARSE:

You’re Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Glamorous Glue
We will Let You Know
The National Front Disco
Certain People I Know
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
You’re The One For Me, Fatty.
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
I Know It’s Going to Happen Someday
Tomorrow
Let The Right One Slip In
Jack The Ripper
Such A Little Thing/My Instiable One
He Knows I’d Love To See Him
Girl Least Likely To
Alsatian Cousin
Sister, I’m A Poet
Everyday Is Like Sunday in Gt. Yarmouth
Suedehead
The Loop
Interesting Drug
Last Of The Famous International Playboys
November Spawned A Monster

Oh what fun we had.
Black Tshirt
Dark Jeans
Jumping off the balcony
Jumping onto the stages

God bless Alain and Garry. Oh they were good. Alain and Garry and double bass too - never forget them x

But no one would try and hook Morrissey's neck in 1992 or EVER - that's just complete and utter madness and totally unsafe for everyone !

Strawberry

don't make me cry, Im old...

them were rotten days

I'm a little upset about this list. That looks a little too familiar. I see him next Friday and although it's my first Moz show and I will truly be happy with anything he sings, why can't he pick more of his good early 90s songs to play????
But then again...I would do anything to hear rockabilly Morrissey...but I missed those days I suppose.

These recent are offerings are a bunch of tunes that are easy for the band to knock out with basic kit, he has no deal on the table so needs to be on the road to promote himself so its a tight budget tour

Thanks for posting these. I love the video of I know its over.Looks like it was a great show. Can't wait til he's back in LA.

How far in advance would you say you have to show up in order to get near the front of the stage - 4 hours, more?

kellytakeabow, I'll be there next Friday as well. I think this list is much better than the last Philly area gig at the Academy of Music...over the years he's whittled away and played most of my favorites(not seen Suedehead live yet, sadly). The shows at the Tower for YATQ had my favorite Smiths tunes, which sadly he seems to keep in the cupboard these days. I'd be happy with an all solo setlist.

View attachment 14722
That girl was me! He was absolutely lovely to me and even helped me get on the stage. I think he really appreciates when people are polite in their approach and don't freak out on him and attempt to harm him out of enthusiasm. :/

I think part of the reasons the guards were so brutal,besides the twats doing things like grabbing his neck,was because it was an unchecked show and anyone could've had all kinds of dangerous items in their bags and pockets and such. I still really didn't like how they put people in chokeholds just for trying to have some brief contact. D:

All that aside,AMAZING show. Mozza talked to the audience and put on a lovely performance. I was particularly fond of the song choices and Alma Matters was an awesome moment. Can't wait to see him again the 19th <3

Aw, well I was very happy for you, I must say. Great pic!!!! We were a bit too far back to even attempt that, but overall, i was very happy with our seats. We were in the next section behind the front seats, in Row M on the left, so not too far back. Saw him quite well. I thought Tilles Center was a lovely theater, would definitely go see a show there again. And it's so close from where I live! I was surprised they didn't do any sort of bag checks, so I snapped photos like crazy because I could. Even the usher on our side of the theater was kinda useless, because we had to find our own seats, after we asked where they were, and he just pointed in the general direction. lol I agree, it was an AMAZING show, one of the better ones I've seen of his. Thankfully my husband enjoyed it too, because he is NOT generally a fan lol

Last edited:

Why is it whenever Morrissey rolls into the NYC area, you get a bunch of people throwing fits over stage invaders? It's like so much of the city has lost its soul, having become accustomed to living in a militarized zone, where control over the people is evident everywhere - including music halls. It's really getting tiresome. The stage invaders did not harm Morrissey at the show. People saying he was almost hurt need to get a grip. If he "looked in pain", realize he does that for the sake of theatrics. He did the same when the kid hugged him. Don't you get it?

I agree, the city has lost a lot of it's soul, but can you blame us (can you blame us, can you blame us?) over what's happened here in the last decade?? I think a little thing called 9/11 has really dampered people's spirits here. But also between the economy, politics and crap going on in this area, a lot of things that once made NYC cool and fun is slowly being given the heave-ho. I've lived outside of NYC all 35 years of my life, and have worked here since 2001, and I've seen so much change in that time frame alone, and it's really sad. And maybe the stage invaders didn't harm him badly, but they did hurt him. Coworker of mine pointed out if it was a woman (I'm sorry it was hard to see from my seat) she could've dug into his neck with her nails which could be REALLY painful.

Were you at the show? Morrissey DID look genuinely hurt and shaken up for a few minutes there. Also as the song was ending there was no goodnight to the audience, etc. He just walked off.... I get people wanting to run up and hug him, shake his hand, give him a kiss, but I don't understand wanting to knock the guy over, pouncing on him like an animal.

Thanks to SDHigbie of YouTube for the excellent videos by the way :thumb:

You're welcome. Uploading Imperfect/Shoplifters now. Also have 8 other shows to eventually upload.

Why was the blonde women who hugged morrissey at the end of How Soon Is Now dressed as a nazi?

I expected to be able to hear some of the lyrics of the songs
and frankly whoever did his sound check should be shot. I know the acoustics in the hall are better than that. It was a bit lackluster and egodriven over all. Meat is murder's graphic video was unececessary and i left soon after. I was disappointed with Morrissey but very impressed by Kristeen Young 's performance. Her voice overcame the terrible sound system

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom