Grim O'Grady Fund - The Spartans FC

Gerry writes:

Looking for some help from the Smiths/Morrissey family One of the biggest Smiths fans out there, a guy called Grim O'Grady. Lost everything yesterday when his house burnt to the ground. Phoned him last night and his first words were "I've lost my dog, my cats and all my Smiths records and stuff". He is one of life's good guys. I know him through Spartans FC where he single handedly built up the disabled football section in his own time. The club have set up a fund for donations but was going to ask if any smiths fans would be kind enough to donate or send duplicates of any records to him c/o Spartans FC?

Link here:

Grim O'Grady Fund - The Spartans FC

Last edited:
I have a meat is murder cd i want to donate, where is the adress to send IT to? Its the only one i got, but it has a crack in its cover. Hell its to only Smiths cd i have that an WPINOB deluxe. They can have both.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a meat is murder cd i want to donate, where is the adress to send IT to? Its the only one i got, but it has a crack in its cover. Hell its to only Smiths cd i have that an WPINOB deluxe. They can have both.

Done and dusted

I was thinking, maybe a Johnny Marr follower could ask him to retweet that as well (if it hasn't been done yet)? He might want to help too.

Don't know about Mr Rourke's finances... ;)

how about tweeting Russell B.? :)

why not?!

i'm sad thad nobody answered to my post. i don't mind losing certain amount by converting my currency into pounds.
i think it's important for them to know that they are not left alone in worst moment in their lives.

if youre gonna call anyone its street who is probably the one outside of the smiths members who im guessing is a giant record collector.

is there any way to make a donation without people seeing it. when skinny said I just saw what you did with crystals donation that sent a worry through me. im not always comfortable with people seeing me in certain ways taking certain actions.

Maybe I can help: From Switzerland, donating was no problem at all. I chose the option "British Pound" so that my credit card will be charged for the currency converting fee instead of reducing the money that should arrive in Edinburgh. Next step, I ticked the box "Hide my donation amount from others". Then, in case you do not type any name or message, they will only show "Donation" on their list. Worked fine for me, it is worth trying. Sorry for my English.

Maybe I can help: From Switzerland, donating was no problem at all. I chose the option "British Pound" so that my credit card will be charged for the currency converting fee instead of reducing the money that should arrive in Edinburgh. Next step, I ticked the box "Hide my donation amount from others". Then, in case you do not type any name or message, they will only show "Donation" on their list. Worked fine for me, it is worth trying. Sorry for my English.

no no thank you so much for answering as my technical experience with tech is limited. I was gonna have to go the proxy route which was just annoying but this helps very very much. thank you again. I think this will help others decide to donate as well. thanks again

Grim sends the following message...

"Thanks to all those folk that have donated to the Spartans fund for us & for those who have sent Smiths/Moz stuff to Spartans for us we are truly thankful. We are hoping to get in to the house next Thursday to see if there's anything we can salvage. I'm hoping that more of my vinyl may have survived. The firefighters had thrown out & left in our garden a flight box of 12" goodies. I'd been using the box as a door stop to the bedroom, so they must have just thrown it out the way, the thing is the records despite the smokey smell are all in perfect order. So I'm hopeful the rest of the boxes are ok. I had boxes of cd's in the attic but the attic doesn't exist anymore so I know all they have perished including the copies of peepholism that we had as well as the many other books & magazines.

Anyway thanks to everyone for their donations & well wishes.

Grim & GirlUnafraid xxx"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom