guess what? #1 1999 dec 20th las vegas

drifter

after enjoying the thread on the 'market page' of everyone showing their collection, i pulled out boxes of my mozz stuff and found some boot treasures. looking through my gigography list that i been keeping up dated since cod started this, giving of boots, many many months ago, ive found 9 shows thats not been shared at all. ill be posting them up for the next few days.
this is number 1 (ironicly, i went to this show here in vegas also)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T55SGW4K
20 December 1999
House Of Blues, Las Vegas, NV

Tomorrow
Billy Budd
Alma Matters
A Swallow On My Neck
Speedway
Now My Heart Is Full
Sunny
Lost
November Spawned A Monster
Roy's Keen
Half A Person
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
Meat Is Murder
Hairdresser On Fire
Is It Really So Strange?
The Boy Racer
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

The final night of the 1999 portion of the Oye Esteban tour was a great success. The show started which each band member successively getting on stage, walking up to the main microphone and introducing themselves, saying where they were from. Then Morrissey came on dressed again in this black PVC suit. He introduced himself as his band members did: "And I, I am the fuzz, and this is a raid!".

For the first time on the tour "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" wasn't the opening song. Morrissey first said that he was sad about this being the end of the tour and pulled out a handkerchief. "I'd like to say thank you to all of our friends who have followed us for the whole tour. And I'd like to say thank you to the lovely Sack".

A line in "Tomorrow" was changed to "oh my ugly body". "Now My Heart Is Full" was introduced with "This is the last time we're playing this song". One person threw gladioli up and Morrissey caught it and said "Oh... memories...". After "A Swallow On My Neck" he commented on his suit: "the only thing that died in the making of these clothes was five Irish nuns, and that's not a bad thing". Reading some fan's sign out loud, Morrissey said "Mandalay Bay room 341", and added "... some people are so clever!".

Because of the tradition of giving out a moral after "Meat Is Murder" was becoming expected by fans who had been following the tour or reading reports on the internet, Morrissey mentioned on this final night "You'll be happy to know that there is no moral tonight".

Morrissey returned for the encore dressed in his sailor suit. On the very last note of the encore song (of this final show), Boz, Alain and Gary did a simultaneous rock'n'roll leap from the drumkit platform. On previous night this was something Gary would do on his own.

as always, info from passions just like mine

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for sharing this, much appreciated :)

drifter, this will be the first of my nine "thank you's" -- each one will come with a ribbon of red and green, and your favorite piece of candy attached. :)

Does anyone have the night before in Vegas...

that was the first show I saw :)

Morrissey called himself MacBeth

Back
Top Bottom