"Hand in Glove" named one of NME's "20 Best Love Songs of All-time"

Shoplifterromo sends the link:

Excerpt:

The Smiths, ‘Hand In Glove’ (1983)

Remember your first relationship? Very “us versus the world”, wasn’t it? That spirit is bottled by this song, which Moz and Marr wrote after their second gig as The Smiths.

Gooiest moment: “Hand in glove I’ll stake my claim / I’ll fight to my last breath.”

She did the same to me, at a gig. She think’s we are royal pains in the arse. She is correct.

strange but understandable.

Morrissey’s mom was always really nice to the fans, even when Morrissey himself wasn’t, from a particular story read on this site.

She understood that it was his fans that pay the bills.

strange but understandable.

Morrissey’s mom was always really nice to the fans, even when Morrissey himself wasn’t, from a particular story read on this site.

She understood that it was his fans that pay the bills.
I should add that Marr was kindly and generous—and he went out of his way to speak to me after the concert.

I remember when I went up to Andy, Mikes, Morrisseys and Marr's houses in the 90s to take my demo tape. Marr had a basketball hoop in his front drive and Angie dismissed me rather uncordially. I didn't like Johnny so much after that. .
Nobody would like you for wasting their time with a rubbish demo tape.

What was his verdict?
I can remember the wording off by heart. I told him I wanted to sound as much like The Smiths as possible (though they were original songs). He sent me a postcard and it said 'Well done Paul, you're halfway there, but remember - individuality is nothing to be sniffed at! Love and Peace. Mike' I've got it framed on the kitchen windowsill.

I can remember the wording off by heart. I told him I wanted to sound as much like The Smiths as possible (though they were original songs). He sent me a postcard and it said 'Well done Paul, you're halfway there, but remember - individuality is nothing to be sniffed at! Love and Peace. Mike' I've got it framed on the kitchen windowsill.
Brilliant. And nice of him to respond.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom