Happily ever after?

Mozzy1

Recently on WPST, a radio station here locally, a poll/discussion was concluded that in order to live happily ever after, the following traits/characteristics in a relationship must be followed.

What do you think?
www.wpst.com is the radio station for more information.

Is this realistic or not?

Are you living these yourself?

7 ways to live happily ever after:

1) Share of a common goal (buying a house, taking a trip, kids)
2) Reconnecting on a sexual aspect/fantasy that's been lacking
3) Choose each other as your 1st family, not worry about your parents/siblings/other relatives
4) Learn how to fight right
5) Find a balance between time alone & together w/in your relationship
6) Build a "best-friendship" together
7) Face a major challenge together (marriage, house, kids, trip, school, etc.)

Personally I would scrap 1 to 7 and just have "live in separate houses". I think thats the only way a relationship would work, each having their own space and (if they have any) sharing the kids ;);)

Number 4 makes me wonder.

"Fight right". "Fight RIGHT". "RIGHT". Hmmmmm...

no biting each other's arse allowed?

Not living any of the others, no.

Personally I would scrap 1 to 7 and just have "live in separate houses". I think thats the only way a relationship would work, each having their own space and (if they have any) sharing the kids ;);)

I think something like this can work for me too. I fondly call it the De Beauvoir/Sartre model :)

3) Choose each other as your 1st family, not worry about your parents/siblings/other relatives

I'm glad I'm single, this is way too much work. :rolleyes:

I met all seven criteria. I'll be filing for divorce in a month.

Mozzy i think with all the things you say you're holding out for Mr Right and he doesn't exist.

Take it from me relationships are hard work and not all they are cracked up to be.Yes they can be wonderful,but its too much like hard work half the time.(especially when your'e giving birth and your significant other can't be located because he's gone on a bender.:()

Hi,

I'm going to be serious here. Sure, you and others on this site are right. I am "holding" out for meeting him but, I will be honest here. I haven't looked or dated in a while now. I have no profiles on the Internet w/ the intent for dating either. And, I really, really miss just having the love from someone. I don't ask for material objects, just the company, respect, care & love is all I want.

I don't believe for myself that at times I'm even meant to get married and as for kids, that's another story too. I'm not trying to sound negative, just realistic. Ok?

Same goes for "true love or soul mates". I do NOT believe I have one. I believe that I have other purposes for things, you know like my career, taking care of my aging parents, helping my siblings w/ their own kids & travelling/doing my interests/hobbies. Yet, I see others ALL around me that have one & that's SOOO great for them!

Again, that's what I posted in real truth about things on the misconceptions thread. That post I did is the absolute truth from my heart.

However, I still like to somewhat believe that maybe someone will walk into my life very soon as I hope I will walk into his too. I try to have positive hope even though my CYNICAL (not negative b/c I'm not IRL) posts convey otherwise....

I hope this clears all of this up to EVERYONE now. Cheers! :guitar:

those lists mean shit, every relationship is different,every person is different.somethings that will work with one person or couple will not work with another.

7 ways to live happily ever after:

My husband and I have these things going for us, but I find the wording of #2 kind of strange. A sexual aspect/fantasy that's been lacking? Why would it be lacking if you're both into it? I'm confused.

Mozzy i think with all the things you say you're holding out for Mr Right and he doesn't exist.

Take it from me relationships are hard work and not all they are cracked up to be.Yes they can be wonderful,but its too much like hard work half the time.(especially when your'e giving birth and your significant other can't be located because he's gone on a bender.:()

D:

You guys are so depressing!

I agree with Terence. Rubbish. Is there such a thing as happily ever after? I don't think so. Much better to be happy in the moment. Happily ever after what exactly? Years of misery? You can be happy with someone or you can be happy without someone. Sanctimonious? Hell, yeah.
One of those points was 'build a best-friendship'...if you're not best friends already then what's the point of getting hitched.

And that's when you pack your bags and leave / divorce the wanker.

What part of Liverpool are you from, if I may ask, you can PM me if you'd like. I'll be flying back there in November. Can't wait...

What part of Liverpool are you from, if I may ask, you can PM me if you'd like. I'll be flying back there in November. Can't wait...

with the best will in the world, that's probably how not to do it.

with the best will in the world, that's probably how not to do it.

???????

I just asked this person about the city b/c I have been there 9 times now & I love it there. I can't wait to go back in November not only to see my favorite band but, b/c of the cultural & historical aspects of the city I enjoy itself...So, I asked this person about their part in the city.

???????

???????

I just asked this person about the city b/c I have been there 9 times now & I love it there. I can't wait to go back in November not only to see my favorite band but, b/c of the cultural & historical aspects of the city I enjoy itself...So, I asked this person about their part in the city.

???????

I get confused with the quote/multiquote things too. Doesn't take too much common sense to work it out though :)
EDIT: forget it, been explained below.

I am going to see a psychic tonight, is there anything you'd like me to ask her, Betty?

Last edited:
???????

???????

fair enough, i misunderstood your post, but in fairness, in the context of your many posts about meeting people from this forum (in the last few days) and how to 'approach' people here, it sounded (to me) as though you were suggesting that you visit him/her when you're in his/her town. soon.

but that's just how it came across to me; the person in question may not have seen your other threads.

I'll tell you how it works for me. Live every day as it comes. Don't think any further ahead (apart from the important decisions that we all have to make). If you do this you will be a lot less likely to be disapponted and your expectations lower and as a result you become more contented.

Back
Top Bottom