Happy Martyr - "Christmas Kisses" video, featuring Boz Boorer

I don't understand how anyone can find any redeeming qualities to this...

:sick:

It's so bad, I can't help wondering if the whole thing is a joke. No-one could take this tosh seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness, I always thought The Streets were dreadful, but this is horrible. Who is that singing with Boz? He's well 'ard isn't he?

Forgettable.

Last edited:
I can think of one redeeming feature. Kate's dolls :D.

Goodness, I always thought The Streets were dreadful, but this is horrible. Who is that singing with Boz? He's well 'ard isn't he?

Forgetable.

Happy Martyr is Boz's cringeworthy side project with 'rapper' Alex Lusty. I feel like now I have to offer my sincere apologies for introducing you to them.

Compare the quality of this to what Johnny Marr's currently producing, and weep.
What must Morrissey be thinking?

"to many mince pies will make you sick, father christmas is diabetic...." How do they not know? I mean Boz has been in this game a long time, perhaps all the prides gone.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a video of Morrissey's reaction to hearing this for the first time.

I'd love to see a video of Morrissey's reaction to hearing this for the first time.

I imagine something like:

EHwNb.gif

It seriously is pretty much the worst thing in the entire world, not limited to music.

Nice music - sounds like it could have been a Moz track...

Forgettable.

No, I'm sorry, when was the last time Morrissey's guitarist asked you to collaborate with him? What's that? Never. Hmmm, I thought so.

Seems to describe (lyrically) many in America's view of the Christmas season . Greed rules ! At least I didn't hear of anybody dieing in the shopping rush on Friday after Thanksgiving .
Love the dolls and I think the reaction of both at the end of the video is how they view the song . Its a larky song with a bit of the sting of truth .
Why hammer Boz ? It isn't like this will make him a ton of money . He does it because he LIKES/WANTS to . Merry Christmas !!

No, I'm sorry, when was the last time Morrissey's guitarist asked you to collaborate with him? What's that? Never. Hmmm, I thought so.

See, that's the thing though - he's best known as 'Morrissey's guitarist.' That's his go-to claim to fame. Yeah, there's the Polecats, but by this point, aren't they just a nostalgia act by the few who caught them the first time around? If Moz hadn't picked him up in the early 90s, not nearly as many people would give a shit. And it's not like he's doing anything close to groundbreaking with this acoustic rap "experiment"; he's strumming standard chords attempting to look intimidating while a homeless middle-aged man shouts bland, poorly-constructed lyrics. Just because he's 'Morrissey's guitarist' doesn't mean his shit doesn't smell. Anyone with a $20 acoustic guitar and a bottle of Jack can do what Happy Martyr does.

Why hammer Boz ? It isn't like this will make him a ton of money . He does it because he LIKES/WANTS to . Merry Christmas !!

Why hammer Boz? Because it might literally be the most embarrassing song I've ever heard, and he's the guy who wrote "The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils" and "Come Back to Camden." I'm not judging his motives. I'm just saying the song sucks.

See, that's the thing though - he's best known as 'Morrissey's guitarist.' That's his go-to claim to fame. Yeah, there's the Polecats, but by this point, aren't they just a nostalgia act by the few who caught them the first time around? If Moz hadn't picked him up in the early 90s, not nearly as many people would give a shit. And it's not like he's doing anything close to groundbreaking with this acoustic rap "experiment"; he's strumming standard chords attempting to look intimidating while a homeless middle-aged man shouts bland, poorly-constructed lyrics. Just because he's 'Morrissey's guitarist' doesn't mean his shit doesn't smell. Anyone with a $20 acoustic guitar and a bottle of Jack can do what Happy Martyr does.

Why hammer Boz? Because it might literally be the most embarrassing song I've ever heard, and he's the guy who wrote "The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils" and "Come Back to Camden." I'm not judging his motives. I'm just saying the song sucks.

I'd love to add something clever, but you've pretty much said it all.

Love the dolls and I think the reaction of both at the end of the video is how they view the song . Its a larky song with a bit of the sting of truth .

Thank you. :) There is now a "Mini Martyr" photo set in my albums* here (see my profile page) and also on Knitted Morrissey's Albums on Facebook.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/hmwithlogocopy.jpg/]
hmwithlogocopy.jpg
[/URL]

(Yes, shameless self-promotion but publicity helps sell* my calendars and raises money for the cats. :thumb:)

Last edited:
Wow, a lot of hatorade for an amusingly grumpy Christmas ditty. Vocals aren't to my taste but the backing music is pretty decent (I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were a demo that Moz never used). Dolls are pretty cool -- got the scowl down.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom