harry carpenter dies

Know what I mean harry.... Great commentator

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP Harry

Harry stayed true to the world of Boxing and delivered some truly great commentary.
R.I.P.

Harry Carpenter? So soon after Bill Mclaren.

I'm going for Murray Walker as the next one to peg it. 3/1 on Betfair... Or possibly David Coleman?

Sorry that was a bit sick!

Harry Carpenter was a wonderful commentator. Like all great commentators he enriched what he was talking about.

aged 84 - welcome to the bethnal green hall in south lomdon

Sorry to be pedantic......but if you are referring to the sample at the end of 'Boxers', then that was ITV's Reg Gutteridge (who died a year or two ago).
And further pedanticary is Bethnal Green is in east London:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry Carpenter? So soon after Bill Mclaren.

I'm going for Murray Walker as the next one to peg it. 3/1 on Betfair... Or possibly David Coleman?

Sorry that was a bit sick!

Harry Carpenter was a wonderful commentator. Like all great commentators he enriched what he was talking about.

we have celebrity death at work, £1 a celebrity, think it was won the other week with micheal foot. Dennis Norden just seems to keep plodding along unfortunatley for me

we have celebrity death at work, £1 a celebrity, think it was won the other week with micheal foot. Dennis Norden just seems to keep plodding along unfortunatley for me

:D Every year we used to do it down the pub and every year the Queen Mum and Pope John Paul II kept going on and on. When we stopped doing it they promptly pegged it.

Incidentally theres an urban tale about Dennis Norden, glass coffee tables and defacation.

:D Every year we used to do it down the pub and every year the Queen Mum and Pope John Paul II kept going on and on. When we stopped doing it they promptly pegged it.

Incidentally theres an urban tale about Dennis Norden, glass coffee tables and defacation.

I heard that about Cliff Richard

Whats the urban tale? does it involve a clipboard?

Back
Top Bottom