Harvest ends contract with Morrissey - TTY

Re: Harvest Ends Contract with Morrissey - TTY

I suppose that's what happens when you refuse to do publicity for your new release and then try to blame the label.

Disappointing ... I was enjoying knowing there was another Morrissey album to come in the next year or two.

This'll cheer you up Moz. :sweet:

(You're like "FFS AMES WHAT COLOR IS THE BALL? Yeah. Go.")

Last edited by a moderator:

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140809_01

Harvest Records
9 August 2014

Harvest Records

Three weeks after the release of Morrissey's World Peace Is None Of Your Business (#2 UK, #14 US), Capitol Records/Harvest have ended their relationship with Morrissey, as directed by label boss Steve Barnett.
Morrissey is once again in search of a record label.

Can't say that he didn't deserve it...

Morrissey dumped by harvest record`s

AFTER LESS THAN A MONTH OF THE RELEASE OF WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS , MORRISSEY , YET AGAIN FIND`S HIMSELF WITHOUT A RECORD CONTRACT ,ANOTHER GREATEST HIT`S COMPILATION LP COMING UP THEN ? TO FILL WHAT COULD BE ANOTHER FIVE YEAR WAIT FOR A " FOLLOW UP TO VIVA HATE "

" AT THE RECORD COMPANY MEETING ON THEIR HAND`S A DEAD STAR , AND OOH , THE PLAN`S THAT THEY WEAVE
AND , OOH , THE SICKENING GREED ":guitar:

Re: Morrissey dumped by harvest record`s

derp.

Re: Morrissey dumped by harvest record`s

Little Man, What Now?

Man, is Moz f***ed now. No major will work with him, he is too pricey for indie, he can't tour because of insurance, got lawsuits.

So, Smiths reunion or his fiction book is next. No more solo tours or music, for awhile.

Shit. So now he's basically back to where he was twelve months ago?

At least we got a pretty good album out of it.

More like back where he was 5 years ago...

There's some pretty awesome labels in that list.

I look at it this way. God is seeing the big picture, and he sees some budding marketing coordinator who just got a job at some tiny label who will take Morrissey's next album and be inspired to do amazing things with it. Morrissey is not to blame. Harvest is not to blame. It's God saying, OH MY ME we have GOT to try him with this other creative group of kids with fresh ideas. I'll f*** up this current contract for him to line it up. It's going to be rad."

Black clouds outside, torrential rain. Squinting in the dark to hopefully read of tour dates somewhere. I feared I would read this a week ago, but a small amount of momentum seemed to be building. Assuming this isn't what Morrissey wants, I'm totally devastated for him. I guess all future plans are off and we will not see him.

What I'm wondering is where's the imperative for the live dates now? Will there be any? Let Marr release Playland, do some dates, and then.....

P.

Why would anyone sign Morrissey for a record deal, if he's going to refuse to promote it? One interview for an Irish magazine REALLY doesn't cut it.

I expect those planned Euro tour dates may be cancelled if Harvest had anything to do with setting them up/financing the tour.

What I'm wondering is where's the imperative for the live dates now? Will there be any? Let Marr release Playland, do some dates, and then.....

P.

Well, he was touring nonstop when he was without contract,
so that answers your question.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140809_01

Harvest Records
9 August 2014

Harvest Records

Three weeks after the release of Morrissey's World Peace Is None Of Your Business (#2 UK, #14 US), Capitol Records/Harvest have ended their relationship with Morrissey, as directed by label boss Steve Barnett.
Morrissey is once again in search of a record label.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
harvestrecords morrissey moz no album viva hate

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom