Harvest ends contract with Morrissey - TTY

A poisonous, nearly unreadable memoir that alienated a few more from a dwindling list of allies. A botched tour capped off with yet another falling-out. A baffling, so-bad-it's-good-until-it-goes-all-the-way-back-to-bad-again faux prog rock LP. An unceremonious sacking. Health rumours. Yet another lawsuit. And here I thought I'd had a rough year.

A poisonous, nearly unreadable memoir that alienated a few more from a dwindling list of allies. A botched tour capped off with yet another falling-out. A baffling, so-bad-it's-good-until-it-goes-all-the-way-back-to-bad-again faux prog rock LP. An unceremonious sacking. Health rumours. Yet another lawsuit. And here I thought I'd had a rough year.

I think this has been the worst year yet for him. At least he has oodles of money to spend.

I think this has been the worst year yet for him. At least he has oodles of money to spend.

It been a shambles, waste of time i wish he hadnt bothered getting us all stoked for a new album, has anyone else completely wrote world peace off, it no longer exists in my mind, as if it never happened. Havent listened to any of the tracks in weeks!

Re: Harvest Ends Contract with Morrissey - TTY

well said. Harvest probably had the contractual right to do this... Almost every major artist on a major label, will be expected to do a certain minimal amount of promotion. I don't believe harvest would have waived that in morrissey's case.. And morrissey barely did anything.

no chance

It been a shambles, waste of time i wish he hadnt bothered getting us all stoked for a new album, has anyone else completely wrote world peace off, it no longer exists in my mind, as if it never happened. Havent listened to any of the tracks in weeks!

I gave it a good go, but three weeks later not a single track appears in my recently played playlist.

No, I still listen to it nearly every day, and enjoy it. The real world drama doesn't impact how much I enjoy the art.

God knows what went through Morrissey's head when he first heard the news....

Cheers Moz

No, I still listen to it nearly every day, and enjoy it. The real world drama doesn't impact how much I enjoy the art.

I gave the deluxe edition a couple of listens this weekend & to me it's still quite good. I think it stands up to much of his prior work, with the exception of a couple of tracks that would be more suitable as B-Sides (as usual). Send "Neal Cassady..." and "I'm Not a Man" to the B-Side list & replace them with "Art Hounds" and maybe "Drag the River" or "One of Our Own" & I think Morrissey's got a stellar album!

Hi Eric,
When i read all your comments, i have a question to you why are you so frustrated ?

Frustrated? Moi? Not at all! I haven't had this much fun since Dynasty was on. Morrissey has turned self-destruction into an art form. And I am loving it.

Morrissey's life is not opera, it's soap opera!

CD singles???
Who buys CD singles now? No one sells CD singles anymore.

I would, if they were offered. I have a pretty big collection of CD singles, including all of Morrissey's and the Smiths.

I, for one, refuse to embrace "downloads" as a format because if I am going to spend the money on music, I want a real, tangible, physical format with artwork and liner notes that I can proudly display on my shelf with the rest of my CD and DVD collection.

And I prefer CD over vinyl (for both albums and singles) because even though vinyl has bigger/better artwork, I prefer the clean sound of CD and its lack of annoying "snap, crackle, pop" surface noise of vinyl.

DS

Well, it was hardly news for him, don't you think? They hadn't been in contact for months.

He probably knew this was going to happen. That being said, I wouldn't want to be around him right now.

Morrissey needs a manager - PERIOD! It is painfully obvious that Morrissey is severely mentally ill. He needs a minder to reign. Him. In!

Morrissey needs a manager - PERIOD! It is painfully obvious that Morrissey is severely mentally ill. He needs a minder to reign. Him. In!

He definitely has some mental illness going on, but severe is a strong word.

Does he not have a manager?

I hate to break to you, but you clearly know bum-all about drumming or what goes into the construction of a song.

Really? That's cute, as I've been on the ground floor of about 50 of them. Sometimes they start off with the band jamming, which can start with the drummer, bassist, or guitarist. OR often they start off with the guitarist composing a demo, which the rest of the band adds their bits to it. And then the singer adds his bits later (just like Moz/Marr worked). But again, someone who so beyond naively says that Joyce is as important on an artistic scale as Marr, I just can't take seriously, having *actually been at the heart* of creating original music.

All that said, I think how U2 does it is the way to go (& hey, no breakups!), i.e., if you add a drumbeat, you get a songwriting credit. The fact that Roarke has no songwriting credits in the Smiths canon to me is gross, UNLESS Marr actually composed those basslines, which I don't think he did.

The Smiths = Morrissey, Marr, Dale Hibbert and Simon Wolstencroft. If it's not the original classic line-up, it's not really the same band, is it?

No no no..

The Smiths equals James Maker, Craig Gannon, Dale Hibbert and Simon Wolstencroft.

Tags
harvestrecords morrissey moz no album viva hate
Back
Top Bottom