Has Morrissey ever sung a R.E.M. song?

Raphael Lambach

A friend of me has just told me that Morrissey's sung a R.E.M. song once. He's read it on a Brazilian magazine called Bizz in 90's/.
Did it really happen?

Re:

Nope.

I think your friend mixed up with someone else.

If Morrissey actually sung a REM song, it would have been listed in live history (and lyrics section)of passionsjustlikemine.com.

However, passions does not mention about Industrial schools by Damien Dempsey which Morrissey sung in a cappella just few verses before Irish Blood, English Heart at Dublin June 2008.

Last edited:
A friend of me has just told me that Morrissey's sung a R.E.M. song once. He's read it on a Brazilian magazine called Bizz in 90's/.
Did it really happen?

Both REM and Morrissey have sung 'Moon River'. Maybe that's the source of confusion.

Re:

Nope.

I think your friend mixed up with someone else.

If Morrissey actually sung a REM song, it would have been listed in live history (and lyrics section)of passionsjustlikemine.com.

However, passions does not mention about Industrial schools by Damien Dempsey which Morrissey sung in a cappella just few verses before Irish Blood, English Heart at Dublin June 2008.

When he told me about it the first thing I did was to check Passions but I didn't find anything there...
As the mag mentions Morrissey sang it a capella before the last song of the gig... and it was on US leg of Kill Uncle tour.

Thanks for your help

There was a rumour of a duet (Moz/Stipe) in the early nineties, maybe Found Found Found, that could be the source of confusion.

Back
Top Bottom