Has the vocal sample in Bengali in Platforms ever been identified?

M

Mr. Man

The part where the voice says 'think of it' while the violins play. Any idea where it comes from?

The part where the voice says 'think of it' while the violins play. Any idea where it comes from?

I don’t hear ‘think of it’. I can’t imagine anyone making out what is being said in that garbled ‘sample’. Could be a sample(?), I’m hearing a voice and some music that sounds like it could have been taken from something that was playing on a T.V.

It could also be just some studio chatter that’s been sped up and filtered electronically to sound like a
sample.

Whatever it is, it is a great bit of sound that adds to the beauty of that song.

At 2:22 in ...

Now listening and the first word I’m hearing in the ‘sample’ sounds like ‘people..’ or even ‘people think ..’.

I’m sure it’ll be different for everyone depending on what and with what they are listening to it. Also it depends on the age of the listener, for hearing changes with age.

Now listening and the first word I’m hearing in the ‘sample’ sounds like ‘people..’ or even ‘people think ..’.

I’m sure it’ll be different for everyone depending on what and with what they are listening to it. Also it depends on the age of the listener, for hearing changes with age.

I think I can hear what sounds like a film clip in the background... can't really make out the words.

If someone knows it might help find the inspiration for it.

Once it got controversial, he got defensive & no one wanted to touch it, but since his reputation cannot get worse, we may as well try to find out.

One good thing about this reputational disaster is he'll have to be properly reappraised to get him out of it.

I'm assuming it's a joke. Lenny Henry's a UK actor who used to be a comedian & one of his comedy characters had that catchphrase.

nerak i would use the term comedian very lightly,guy was as funny as leprosy.

nerak i would use the term comedian very lightly,guy was as funny as leprosy.
Tizwas? Three of a Kind? I saw him live on Blackpool South Shore Pier in 1984 and rather enjoyed him, he seemed to have it made.

I saw him outside a theatre in Bath about 6 years ago, he had the stare of a three day dead haddock: a haunted man. I suppose I even found that funny, in a way, too.

Tizwas? Three of a Kind? I saw him live on Blackpool South Shore Pier in 1984 and rather enjoyed him, he seemed to have it made.

I saw him outside a theatre in Bath about 6 years ago, he had the stare of a three day dead haddock: a haunted man. I suppose I even found that funny, in a way, too.

He has been very worn down by life. It's a good thing most comedians are good actors. Matthew Kelly was the same after he got accused of something & didn't want to bounce onto light entertainment shows wondering if the audience thought he was a pervert.

He has been very worn down by life. It's a good thing most comedians are good actors. Matthew Kelly was the same after he got accused of something & didn't want to bounce onto light entertainment shows wondering if the audience thought he was a pervert.
It’s strange with Kelly: a career simply destroyed by an unfounded rumour—and nobody seems to mind.

It’s strange with Kelly: a career simply destroyed by an unfounded rumour—and nobody seems to mind.

He could have gone back into light entertainment - but it made him too heartsick to want to.

I was surprised no one pushed back on the MeToo stuff when we all know that both things happen - there is abuse AND there is false accusations. The priority was not to trend on Twitter & it turns out Twitter's main power is making us fear Trending on Twitter - the general public couldn't care less.

He could have gone back into light entertainment - but it made him too heartsick to want to.

I was surprised no one pushed back on the MeToo stuff when we all know that both things happen - there is abuse AND there is false accusations. The priority was not to trend on Twitter & it turns out Twitter's main power is making us fear Trending on Twitter - the general public couldn't care less.
Well, I suppose I’m kind of relieved to know that it was his choice.

It's funny how unfounded internet rumours work. Meanwhile, Bob Holness became a legend for supposedly playing the sax solo on 'Baker Street', and probably dined out on it every night.

It's funny how unfounded internet rumours work. Meanwhile, Bob Holness became a legend for supposedly playing the sax solo on 'Baker Street', and probably dined out on it every night.
Though he was, in reality, an early James Bond. Though apparently not the first recorded Bond, as some rumours suggest.

Back
Top Bottom