Heavy Metal

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Our songs are a bit softcore, Johhny. Aren't they? I'm bracing myself for the death metal posts. :p

Extremely soft. :D

I saw Motorhead once. We thought it might be good to get down the front but ended up five feet in front of one of the stacks. We heard them through our chests rather than our ears. It took three days to get back to normal.

That was a strange week. I saw Motorhead, PiL and an early 80s soft soul band called Imagination in a single week in one venue. I'll post an Imagination song over on the currently listening to thread so you can experience the full manliness. It'd be a bit out of place here.

It'll be a bit out of place there too.

Extremely soft. :D

I saw Motorhead once. We thought it might be good to get down the front but ended up five feet in front of one of the stacks. We heard them through our chests rather than our ears. It took three days to get back to normal.

That was a strange week. I saw Motorhead, PiL and an early 80s soft soul band called Imagination in a single week in one venue. I'll post an Imagination song over on the currently listening to thread so you can experience the full manliness. It'd be a bit out of place here.

I saw the Scorpions many years ago with a friend. We were in the pit. Both of us being tiny, I thought we were going to be crushed. We made it out alive, barely. This was before moshing was in vogue. I wouldn't go anywhere near the front at a heavy metal gig today.

I'll go check out your song.

I called in sick to work a few years ago to see sleep at a music festival.

Now, a longer song...for those of you with an hour to spare.

Now, Burzum. I used to be super into this shit. Like, I painted pictures of Varg all the time.

Mayhem before the death of Euronymous.

I don't know how I ever liked Cannibal Corpse.

Who started this thread? realitybites? How dare you! Heh...

I love early ultra-speed hardcore, from a punk background. This is one of the very best, a real groundbreaking album. Unbelievable drumming.

Oh, and this...

...and this, which really takes me back to the heady days of the mid to late 80s, even though it's recent...

P.

"Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth

"Master of Puppets" by Metallica

-live in Quebec City, Quebec

"Cemetery Gates" by Pantera

-I posted this in the Southern Rock thread too.

"

-one of my 20 favorite songs of all-time. By anyone.

"Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden

"Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne

-a masterpiece.

Some of us can remember dancing to this one.
Oh so many years ago.

"Body Count" by Body Count

"The Day That Never Comes" by Metallica

"...no the sunshine Never comes...."

-live in Quebec City. A masterpiece.

-This song is more hard rock than metal. Phenomenal song with phenomenal lyrics!!!

"Breaking the Chains" by Dokken

^^^ Our songs are a bit softcore, Johhny. Aren't they? I'm bracing myself for the death metal posts. :p

Pfffttt....New Wave of British Heavy Metal was by far the high water mark for heavy metal.

Back
Top Bottom