Help me price these :)

daveleone

Hey all...

Someone e-mailed me interested in buying the following, and I'm not sure what current prices should be. I was surprised by how high some of the pricing I found on the net was, and I don't want to rip the guy off, so I'm looking for feedback from this community on what fair pricing would be.

Jack The Ripper UK 7" Promo HMV POP DJ 1632
Have-A-Go Merchant UK 7" Misprint Promo EMI RDJ 6400
Southpaw Grammar UK 12" (includes booklet) RCA 74321299531
Hold On To Your Friends UK 7" Promo EMI RDJ 6383
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get UK 7" Promo EMI RDJ 6372
Ask AUS 12" (boy with popsicle) RTANZ 12019
Sweet And Tender Hooligan US 12" REPRISE 9 43525-0 A

Thanks in advance!
-- Dave

Hey all...

Someone e-mailed me interested in buying the following, and I'm not sure what current prices should be. I was surprised by how high some of the pricing I found on the net was, and I don't want to rip the guy off, so I'm looking for feedback from this community on what fair pricing would be.

Thanks in advance!
-- Dave
you can take southpaw off i got that one today

Hey all...

Thanks in advance!
-- Dave

I'm not as knowledgable as a lot of folk on here, but there's some nice items there, and the Oz Ask is very desirable. I would guess £200 to £300 for the lot. Am I way off, Mr Beau or Mikael?

Peter

I'm not as knowledgable as a lot of folk on here, but there's some nice items there, and the Oz Ask is very desirable. I would guess £200 to £300 for the lot. Am I way off, Mr Beau or Mikael?

Peter

The Australian Ask 7" is worth roughly £125. I've seen some go for a lot less as well as lot more.

It averages £125 though.

The Australian Ask 7" is worth roughly £125. I've seen some go for a lot less as well as lot more.

It averages £125 though.

Yes, but he is selling the 12" though which is usually a fair bit cheaper.

Here is my educated guess...

Jack The Ripper UK 7" Promo = £30
Have-A-Go Merchant UK 7" Misprint Promo = between £30 & £50
Southpaw Grammar UK 12" (includes booklet) = in the region of £40
Hold On To Your Friends UK 7" Promo = incredibly going for around £100 nowadays
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get UK 7" Promo = £30
Ask AUS 12" (boy with popsicle) RTANZ 12019 = between £60 and £75
Sweet And Tender Hooligan US 12" = around £40

As a bulk purchase, something in the region of £250 would be fair to both seller and buyer.

Hope this helps.

I.R.

Yes, but he is selling the 12" though which is usually a fair bit cheaper.

Here is my educated guess...

As a bulk purchase, something in the region of £250 would be fair to both seller and buyer.

Hope this helps.

I.R.

A good guess then:thumb: By the way, I'll have something for you this weekend. Oh yes.

Peter

i'd pay 40 pounds for the Sweet And Tender Hooligan US 12" :)

@I.R. - Thanks a ton for the help! One question though... the total for the individual items would be £320 on the low end of your estimate, and £365 on the high end. But you also said that as a bulk purchase, £250. That would represent a 22% discount on the low end or a 32% discount on the high end. Is that too much of a discount vs. selling them individually (I would normally give 5-10% discount for a 'small' bulk purchase)? Or was there some math error there? Or is there some logic behind it that I'm not catching?

Really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
--Dave

Personally, I would be interested in what condition the items were and pay accordingly.

Those prices seem high on the Jack, Have-A-Go and Ignore Me.

All Have-A-Go's were "mispressed".

The Hold On To Your Friends promo 7" is the rarest, it was the last of all those I found.

Correct terminology for Southpaw Grammar is LP, not 12". In music world terms, 12" refers to a single, usually with 1-3 b sides. The default size of an LP is 12 inches.

@I.R. - Thanks a ton for the help! One question though... the total for the individual items would be £320 on the low end of your estimate, and £365 on the high end. But you also said that as a bulk purchase, £250. That would represent a 22% discount on the low end or a 32% discount on the high end. Is that too much of a discount vs. selling them individually (I would normally give 5-10% discount for a 'small' bulk purchase)? Or was there some math error there? Or is there some logic behind it that I'm not catching?

Really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
--Dave

Dave,

No math error.
The discount is because the seller avoids the hassle of having to sell them separately and the buyer is rewarded for purchasing in bulk.
Perhaps the percentage I applied is too large, however I did say in the region of £250.
It would be up to you and the buyer to negotiate a fair price.
This is just a guideline and opinions will vary from individual to individual to some extent.
It is not an officially agreed price list. :)

Cheers,

I.R.

I remember that of those promo 7"s, Jack was the easiest to find, then Ignore Me, then Have-A-Go, then Hold On a distant last. I only thought Hold On was of any significant rarity, but looking on eBay a Have-A-Go 7" sold for $90 on July 5th, so I guess I was wrong. But I also remember selling There Is A Light 7"s for $80 apiece so if anyone reading this bought one from me for anywhere near that price, I better get a xmas card with an amoeba gift certificate inside this year.:p

Hi! You've just been PM'd by me daveleone. Thanks! :) Steven

Hey all...

Thanks in advance!
-- Dave
Prices have all gone up considerably for all the promo 7s, especially Hold On which averages £100 for the last 4 known copies sold. They were mint. The other promo 7s are about £40-60, The More You Ignore Me fetches the most of the 3.

I would agree the 12 inch Aust Ask is a lot more common , hence cheaper than the 7 inch Ask. The 12 inch is about £70-90

Southpaw LP is £40

Sweet and Tender 12" is about £40-50

Total low end is £370, individually sold. A good bulk price is about £300 flat for the whole lot. You can throw in free shipping then ;)

Back
Top Bottom