Help the stupid day!

spike

No time to be 21
Please can anyone explain the difference between these two. (And before anyone says it, I know the labels are different) They both appear to be the '92 reissue with exactly the same details on the covers, however the one on the left is in a glossy sleeve whereas the other is more of a matt finish.
Thanks in advance....
View attachment 7847

Please can anyone explain the difference between these two. (And before anyone says it, I know the labels are different) They both appear to be the '92 reissue with exactly the same details on the covers, however the one on the left is in a glossy sleeve whereas the other is more of a matt finish.
Thanks in advance....
View attachment 7847

One looks like it's Rough Trade and the other looks like it's on Warner (WEA)

Really not too sure, with the covers being the same it would suggest so. I'm sure Flax or Stephane or one of the other esteemed experts will be able to confirm.

I am by no means an expert but I have four Morrissey singles which may be the same as the one on the left. I know mine are called called silver injection lables and I'm told they are slightly more collectable/worth more than the standard labels. Stand by for the proper facts though from either Stephane or Flax:lbf:

Some other WEA singles

This happened a lot around 1991-1992. Morrissey's "Sing Your Life", "Pregnant For The Last Time" and "My Love Life" are also available in those two variations.

I know the paper labels were requested by Morrissey. The silver labels are cheaper to produce and are either cheaper reissues, or pressed in the UK for a non-UK market.

Stephane

Back
Top Bottom