Help, what Smiths song is this?

Yes, it's fantastic. Are you new to The Smiths?

Not new, nope. Just been listening to The Greatest hits album. Also bought my brother The Queen is Dead and my dad Strangeways. So familiar with those two. Just need to get all their albums instead of greatest hits. I have Rank as well. Morrissey solo, I have You are the Quarry and Suedehead greatest hits.

Whats the name of the Morrissey track on this clip. 15 secs when in the taxi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzKkkVAP-PI&feature=related

Not new, nope. Just been listening to The Greatest hits album. Also bought my brother The Queen is Dead and my dad Strangeways. So familiar with those two. Just need to get all their albums instead of greatest hits. I have Rank as well. Morrissey solo, I have You are the Quarry and Suedehead greatest hits.

Hairdresser On Fire

welcome to the forum :)

OMGoodness, awesome. A documentary with JK Rowling and showing her geeking out like the rest of us. She's the reason I first got interested in the Smiths. I love her.

OH OH OH. And Meat is Murder is my favorite Smiths album. (it's a tough call though) It's got Nowhere Fast and What She Said. Which may be my favorite Smiths song. <3 <3 <3

[youtube]HgwsIhaFuAI&fmt=18[/youtube]

(+Rubber Ring which is always fantastic.)

Welcome to Moz-solo! :thumb:

tread careful. there are some loons around dis cyber house :crazy:

love x

Cheers man. Been into Morrissey for a while. Just content with Sudehead and You are the Quarry just now. Need to pick up others soon. I did see him live at the Edinburgh, Corn Exchange, back in 2004. :thumb:

Hairdresser on fire! thats funny cos i was just literally thinkin of thatsonga minuite ago. i go through stages where differnt ones pop into my head and i just have to listen to them!! this one was today.

its a good documentary, but take it all with a pinch of salt, yah .. its accurate in so far as a comercial documentary can be.

Don't you guys think Suedehead greatest hits it's better than his latest greatest hits? I think it's really got better tracks, mainly because it's his early solo work. I think his new greatest hits should have carried more older tracks from his early work. :thumb:

Cheers man. Been into Morrissey for a while. Just content with Sudehead and You are the Quarry just now. Need to pick up others soon. I did see him live at the Edinburgh, Corn Exchange, back in 2004. :thumb:

that's facinating! cos they were the very two albums i began with too! i listened to them both all the time and fell in love particularly with sudehead (the song) .. interesting drug .. irish blood .. first of the gang

they're good ones to start on!

you seein him this year? im goin to Royal Albert Hall!! wopiees!!

Hairdresser on fire! thats funny cos i was just literally thinkin of thatsonga minuite ago. i go through stages where differnt ones pop into my head and i just have to listen to them!! this one was today.

its a good documentary, but take it all with a pinch of salt, yah .. its accurate in so far as a comercial documentary can be.

I had "The importance of being Morrissey" taped on video when it was on channel 4. I'm a massive boxing fan. One night I had no tapes to record a fight and that had to get taped over, as much as I didn't want to. I had watched it a few times anyway. A few Celtic games were on the tape as well, and they vanished along with the documentary.

Boxing first, always. :thumb:

I had "The importance of being Morrissey" taped on video when it was on channel 4. I'm a massive boxing fan. One night I had no tapes to record a fight and that had to get taped over, as much as I didn't want to. I had watched it a few times anyway. A few Celtic games were on the tape as well, and they vanished along with the documentary.

lol! Oh dear! Well i guess its not the worst thing to tape over .. No taping over live gigs now if you ever get hold of any!!!!!!.. then again the last time i saw a VHS i was still running around parks and eating sherbert dip dabs!! :lbf: .. so im sure your next merch will be a dvd!!

must go to bed. work tommorow. see you arrround!

dom x

Have you heard the song Boxers?

OMGoodness, awesome. A documentary with JK Rowling and showing her geeking out like the rest of us. She's the reason I first got interested in the Smiths. I love her.

OH OH OH. And Meat is Murder is my favorite Smiths album. (it's a tough call though) It's got Nowhere Fast and What She Said. Which may be my favorite Smiths song. <3 <3 <3

[youtube]HgwsIhaFuAI&fmt=18[/youtube]

(+Rubber Ring which is always fantastic.)
That is possibly my favourite live performance of anything ever, listen to it all the time on my iPod. The way it segues from Rubber Ring into What She Said and back...:guitar:

That is possibly my favourite live performance of anything ever, listen to it all the time on my iPod. The way it segues from Rubber Ring into What She Said and back...:guitar:
Me too. It's pretty much perfection. <3
The single live of Handsome Devil and the Rank recording of "London" is pretty awesome too. I can never get enough of those songs.

For new Morrissey fans, definitely get Your Arsenal and Southpaw Grammar. Southpaw Grammar is a truly underrated album

Tags
southpaw=beast the lulz
Back
Top Bottom