Henry Rollins: "Morrissey is no longer on my kill list" - The Guardian

An anonymous person posted the link:

Henry Rollins: 'Morrissey is no longer on my kill list' - The Guardian

Excerpt:

On reflection, do you think it was harsh to say you wanted to make a house record out of the sound of Morrissey being burned to death?
"Well, I like the guy. I think he’s very intelligent and has real good taste in music. It’s nothing I’d say on stage now because I think it’s poorly meant, but that’s why we humans are allowed subtly evolve here and there. There are definitely some people I wouldn’t mind seeing burned to death – I absolutely have a kill list. But not good old Morrissey. I think the world is a much better place with him in it."

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really happy about Henry`s statement, being a fan of his and Morrissey`s! Reading the other statement which he made many years ago it is striking that it sounds as if it was one Morrissey himself could have made ("Bring me the head of Elton John"). If it was not about him, Morrissey would like a wicked comment like that! Rollins is a very honest and intelligent man who always admired musicians for their talent, admitting being musically limited himself. They have got many things in common (not only their taste in music), believe it or not. They are both uncompromisingly honest and unique. I have seen both of them countless times live and read many books from and about them so I know what I am talking about. I would like them to spend an evening together. listening to the Ramones and shaking the heads about the current single-charts. I hope my English is okay. I am German, which does not mean that I could not be a Morrissey (Rollins) fan. I am going to Rollins at Mannheim today and I am going to wear my Smiths T-Shirt (or maybe not). I am in a band myself. It is called BAIL. Please watch our viedo to a song called "I don`t ewant to be the one to tell you" on
www.bail-music.com
I am the one singing and wearing an Audrey Hepburn T-Shirt. Her best film is called "Two for the Road". Our song and video "The Ballad of Mark an Joanna" cites scenes from the film is also starring Albert Finney, the famous Manchunian who almost appeared on the "Heaven knows I`m miserable now" sleeve and who is a member of the Salford Lads Club etc. Being a music fan like Morrissey and Henry Rollins, I know stuff like that! Cheers, Klaus Biehler

moz is huma dudes. so if rollins is being gay hes one step ahed of the moz.

That was the moment when he destroyed his credibility trying to be an MTV star. I tried to like Black Flag and I kept feeling like I was missing something, that they must be good, but if they were I still don't hear it. And when I listen to him doing one of his spoken word shows, it is so obvious that he is a "hip" idiot performing for a bunch of "hip' idiots. He is occasionally entertaining, but never enlightening, and any humor is always an obvious joke at the expense of some obvious target. "So, Henry, you don't like Ted Nugent? I'm shocked. Please tell us why." That's about as deep as it gets. He may have worked hard once upon a time to get into the position he is in today, but dude has been coasting for decades, and doesn't have one song I ever care if I hear again.
It has nothing to do with his opinions on Morrissey. Just another example of an obvious target dealt handled without humor or insight. Idiot.

You clearly know more about him than I do...I just remember getting stoned in college and watching this video on MTV thinking it was entertaining. I never dug any deeper than that. As for Ted Nugent, he is definitely a polarizing figure. Kind of music's answer to Donald Trump. Both of whom I respect because they stand behind their convictions, and this is a commendable trait whether you agree with their positions or not.

PS. Wango Tango...not so much. :)

The only useful things Rollins ever did was appear in Heat and in Sons of Anarchy.

His greatest accomplishment by far is 'Wrong Turn 2: Dead End'...

9f0184c00e9ba8cecc511d65bbd1a2bd.jpg

Are you NUTS?!?!?!?! Danzig is kinda a joke, but early (real) Misfits are absolutely AMAZING!!!! I love Keith Morris. He was great on those few BF songs he did, but he really came into his own with The Circle Jerks, but in my heart, Henry Rollins was Black Flag (with a tip of the hat to Greg Ginn). If you don't like the original Dead Kennedys records then you simply don't like punk rock.

You're confusing the person with the music, which is pretty standard for Morrissey fan site folks. Its possible to like a song or an album and realize the person who made it is a piece of shit.

Not sure either - but perhaps he'd heard the extremely vitriolic comments Morrissey's made toward other artists and thought turnabout was fair play?

No, it's probably because he pigeon-holed Moz as a skinny sad-sack dweeb back in the 80's. He's made similar comments about Robert Smith. It's like that Dead Milkmen song "Instant Club Hit" where the punks bash the new wavers. I also know that he tends to dislike most things British - which exception to curtain bands. Rollins and Moz are both in their 50's - children of the 1970's who share a love for Iggy, Lou, Marc, Eno, etc. Moz is also respected more by the punks these days for his radical politics and getting the NY Dolls back together...

I believe that Mr. Rollins is coming to terms with his bi- or homosexuality. He has effeminate mannerisms--at times. He also narrated the Jobriath documentary (and did an excellent job). His performances in short, black gym shorts also suggest homoeroticism. In the end, Rollins remains an enigma, although I can't stand his musical legacy.

Aren't "effeminate mannerisms" in fact linked with modern heterosexuality? To suggest that "effeminate mannerisms" indicate one to be a homosexual is absurd. Most homosexuals these days are muscle-obsessed, if anything.

Are you having a laugh? Jesus youre stereotypical. Do you think everyman who is not a meateating lumberjack is gay. Has Henry Rollins said anything that indicates bi or homosexuality. Are you one of those people who belives/wants every slightly effemenine guy to be gay?

Get out more dude

Sounds like one of those people who think there are such things as "gaydar" or a "gay face."

Are you having a laugh? Jesus youre stereotypical. Do you think everyman who is not a meateating lumberjack is gay. Has Henry Rollins said anything that indicates bi or homosexuality. Are you one of those people who belives/wants every slightly effemenine guy to be gay?

Get out more dude
No sense in asking, you wouldn't know a laugh if it kicked you in the teeth.

Aren't "effeminate mannerisms" in fact linked with modern heterosexuality? To suggest that "effeminate mannerisms" indicate one to be a homosexual is absurd. Most homosexuals these days are muscle-obsessed, if anything.

No, they are most decidedly not, numbskull. Just as being a meatloaf (autocorrect) does not make one a homo. Enjoying life on the Mars Bar?

Get out more dude

Are YOU having a laugh? Most meateating lumberjack guys I've known were not straight. If it weren't for all the truck stops near my home, I wouldn't eat! I dont believe he is, but I relish the thought of a closeted Rollins. I use to jerk off to pictures of him in MRR magazine when I was 13. Ahhhh, the days before the internet.

Are YOU having a laugh? Most meateating lumberjack guys I've known were not straight. If it weren't for all the truck stops near my home, I wouldn't eat! I dont believe he is, but I relish the thought of a closeted Rollins. I use to jerk off to pictures of him in MRR magazine when I was 13. Ahhhh, the days before the internet.

:lbf: jerk on son! And excuse me from bursting your bubble

Henry Rollins looks like a silver back gorilla. Anyone who boasts about not liking Harry Potter can f*** off.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom