Here we go again another fake

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
£120 for the debut white label is just ridiculous.
I can buy one for £25 now if I want to, do you think it's worth going for it?
It doest come with the press release photocopy though...

Cheers,

I.R.

The press release obviously makes it more desirable - there was one in Vinyl Exchange for £50 last week that was snapped up pretty quickly http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=106854

I remember paying lot more than £50 for my white label debut even though there was no press release - some ebay seller called Brian did a great job of tickling up its rarity and collectability.

Dave

The press release obviously makes it more desirable - there was one in Vinyl Exchange for £50 last week that was snapped up pretty quickly http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=106854

I remember paying lot more than £50 for my white label debut even though there was no press release - some ebay seller called Brian did a great job of tickling up its rarity and collectability.

Dave

On that basis it sounds as though £25 is a bit of a bargain, I'll go ahead and buy it.
Wouldn't mind a copy of the press release though...

Cheers,

I.R.

Forget that last comment - the sigs look nothing like each other :o

Moz might change his, but did Johnny, Andy & Mike?

Dave

Forget that last comment - the sigs look nothing like each other :o

Moz might change his, but did Johnny, Andy & Mike?

Dave

Exactly, I was just typing my response.
Those signatures are fake, the Rs on Morrissey are an instant giveaway, Mike's and Andy's are also pretty poor imitations.

Cheers,

I.R.

PS: I did just buy the white label at £25

BlaH! QUITE a number of these...are just so horribly bad. I can't honestly figure out, why people don't do their homework before buying these? Then again, I wouldn't buy anything like this, unless I was standing in front of the man himself, and i actually saw him sign it. That's just me though. I have several signed pieces from him, when Abrahan and I(and Chris from AO) met him. I know those are 100% legit, and I will NEVER sell them, they're far too precious to me.

Good catch elephant. We should send these to ebay, every time we see someone selling a "real" sig....hopefully, they'll get flagged.

Another disgusting fake :barf:

Look at the bids...probably shills bidding too. Nice story too :drama:

Somebody stop this guy !

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-SMITHS-MORR...dZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item4a9e5a46b8

Ineresting bit in the Q&A at the bottom
Q: Hi, Do you have any other rare Smiths items for sale? If so, do you have a list please? Thanks
A: Yes I have much more Smiths stuff coming up inc. 7" test pressings of Reel around the fountain, Heaven Knows, William, Hand in Glove etc. Plus the Meat Is Murder test & debut multi coloured test etc. No list but way too much to mention. It will all be listed on Ebay over the next 6 months or so. Thanks for your interest​

He has a test pressing of the german multi coloured vinyl!

Might be worth watching over the next few months...

Dave

Thanks Biggoof, just hate seeing collectors paying big bucks for these bad fogeries, it's heartbreaking !

Dave..
Even if he has a test of the German colored 1st LP and all that rare stuff, I would advise caution. Many unscrupulous sellers that gives off obvious tell tale signs of bidding up their own auctions to project 'interest' and up final price...these tactics plus the private auctions mode are all too common tricks. As an experienced eBayer who has seen it all, I would avoid these sellers like the plague.

Thanks Biggoof, just hate seeing collectors paying big bucks for these bad fogeries, it's heartbreaking !

Dave..
Even if he has a test of the German colored 1st LP and all that rare stuff, I would advise caution. Many unscrupulous sellers that gives off obvious tell tale signs of bidding up their own auctions to project 'interest' and up final price...these tactics plus the private auctions mode are all too common tricks. As an experienced eBayer who has seen it all, I would avoid these sellers like the plague.

Don't worry Ellie, I won't be bidding... but I'll be interested if some of the other stuff comes up.

Dave

I'm not much of a signature collector but here is my signed debut I bought not too long ago, it's signed in biro and differs quite a bit from the one up for auction.

IMG_2853-1.jpg

Tags
#strangewaysherewecome autograph newfavethread signature signed
Back
Top Bottom