"His hands are tied" ....and other such avoidances

Ah, give the man a break, that cash register weighs so heavy on his back!

The disappointment from fans is sadly, not new. Morrissey's "announcing" of tours is abhorent behaviour. It's all about him creating headlines about "Morrissey gig sells out in under 2 minutes", etc. He really is a man lost in his own fame and it would appear needs his ego massaged on a very regular basis.

I believe fans have a responsibility to let him know that he is pushing us too far; expensive tickets prices, pityful notice of ticket announcements, shoddy overpriced merchandising, cancellations without apology, the Hits collection, B side cd compilations, deluxe editions with nothing deluxe about them and the insult and injury of That's How Poeple Grow Up" and "All you Need Is Me" on Years of Refusal. Most of us already have them at least twice!!!!

If sites such as this are used for anything they should, in my opinion, be used to let Morrissey know when he's doing well and releasing excellent music. Likewise, they should be used to communicate with him about how we feel as fans and how we would like to be treated. This could be so easily achieved by a sensible poll with the outcome sent to Morrissey or a more formal petition. It seems though that sycophancy always gets in the way of.
honesty.

I'm saddened that tue fans will miss out on seeing THEIR man. I truly believe that the man himself is ultimately responsible this disrespectful treatment of fans. I am a huge fan but I don't think for a minute that Morrissey gigs a toss for his fans, if he did he would stop treating us like shite on his shoe and provide us with value for money and priviledge access to gigs - even if that access is reduced prices.

Your first post I see?

s_wooden-spoon.jpg

I think you're right, Dead End Kid. He should retire.

i am a huge red sox fan, i don't always get tickets,sometimes a game i want sells out.that's hope it is with everything,luck of the draw.

life is not always easy.

I am not gonna blame morrissey for not getting a ticket, and you don't have to buy the b side compilations,you don't have to buy anything.

Compared to a certain band I am a fan of, all I can say-from my point of view-is that Morrissey fans are comparatively treated like princes and princesses... Many concerts, many B sides, some messages... I don't complain.:) I understand there are some complaints though.

I understand what you say and I agree for the most part. But I'm so far from it all I don't really care. I really do understand you. But... asying it loud here at Solo?
Why would anyone do that...? Do you really wanna be spanked? :rolleyes:

I didn't at any point say that "I had to buy" anything? I do make a choice and of course I buy tickets at over inflated prices and naff compilations etc etc - that's what makes me a fan. However, Morrissey has and continues to espouse a connection with and loyalty to his fans. I believe this could be better demonstrated. I don't belive that's too much to ask?

well put. I've had that feeling lately.

I think some Morrissey fans are not into music at all. They way they moan I get the very strong impression they never buy tickets of any other band and never buy CDs from any other band either. They seem to think other bands have some miraculous way of selling tickets and CDs that Morrissey is unaware of, and that he only does things in this way to annoy them.

I understand what you say and I agree for the most part. But I'm so far from it all I don't really care. I really do understand you. But... saying it loud here at Solo?
Why would anyone do that...? Do you really wanna be spanked?
:rolleyes:

Yes, that is a very good idea. I like it when fans make criticisms about their idol.:pIf no one complains, the great deity won't be aware of anything.:cool:

The disappointment from fans is sadly, not new. Morrissey's "announcing" of tours is abhorent behaviour. It's all about him creating headlines about "Morrissey gig sells out in under 2 minutes", etc. He really is a man lost in his own fame and it would appear needs his ego massaged on a very regular basis.

I believe fans have a responsibility to let him know that he is pushing us too far; expensive tickets prices, pityful notice of ticket announcements, shoddy overpriced merchandising, cancellations without apology, the Hits collection, B side cd compilations, deluxe editions with nothing deluxe about them and the insult and injury of That's How People Grow Up" and "All You Need Is Me" on Years of Refusal. Most of us already have them at least twice!!!!

If sites such as this are used for anything they should, in my opinion, be used to let Morrissey know when he's doing well and releasing excellent music. Likewise, they should be used to communicate with him about how we feel as fans and how we would like to be treated. This could be so easily achieved by a sensible poll with the outcome sent to Morrissey or a more formal petition. It seems though that sycophancy always gets in the way of honesty.

I'm saddened that tue fans will miss out on seeing THEIR man. I truly believe that the man himself is ultimately responsible for this disrespectful treatment of fans <those who disagree please insert the usual list of those who's fault it really is>. I am a huge fan but I don't think for a minute that Morrissey gives a toss for his fans, if he did he would stop treating us like shite on his shoe and provide us with value for money and priviledge access to gigs - even if that access is reduced prices.

Oh....when on tour....and if you can Morrissey, please remember that there is more than one person in your audience? I'd try very, very hard not to say Julia (probably a nice woman), it was booed in Edinburgh. A sure sign that it is passed it's sell by date.
I case it isn't clear from my stream of moaning. I am a fan, just hacked off at the piss poor treatment of late.

tl;dr

I think some Morrissey fans are not into music at all. They way they moan I get the very strong impression they never buy tickets of any other band and never buy CDs from any other band either. They seem to think other bands have some miraculous way of selling tickets and CDs that Morrissey is unaware of, and that he only does things in this way to annoy them.

Morrissey doesn't call us fans for a reason. A fan is what apparently you think, someone who'll blindly agree and follow their idol.
There's NOTHING wrong with complaining, complaining is sometimes the way to make changes even from a distance.
Take TTY: We started saying it was dead and suddenly an update. ;)

Not having all his albums and never ever going to his gigs doesn't make me less a "fan" or whatever he wants to call us. And I will continue to say that the incessant naming of Julia in his shows is rather annoying. I would say the same if he called MY name everytime, believe me.

I don't think it's Moz's fault, just the management for not announcing every show of the tour in one go and having a pre-sale. Mainly it's the touts who you should be blaming as well, since a fair few tickets probably went to them.

I haven't bought many of his releases. Nothing since ROTT. The reason being I didn't want them. At the same time I don't rage about him releasing stuff I don't want then rush out and buy it anyway while simultaneously harbouring a resentment against him for it.

Same with gigs. If a gig is advertised I decide if I want to go and then try and get a ticket for it. I don't book a flight immediately for the first gig he announces just because it isn't in my area and then moan when future gigs are announced nearer to me. Do you know why I don't do this? It's because I realise Morrissey loves touring, he loves playing gigs, so sooner or later there is going to be a gig announced that suits me. I don't have to go travelling the world to see him because his gigs are not like gold dust particularly if you live in the UK and US.

Wow! Too long, eh? I must attempt to edit my posts for those who can't be bothered to read or comment using words. If it was too long and you hadn't read it, the polite thing would have been to not have left any kind of comment.

You're new here. Politeness is in short supply.

Tags
prices tour
Back
Top Bottom