Hollywood Bowl's Food Vendors Go All-Vegetarian for Morrissey - LA Weekly

An article discussing food preparations for the gig.

Hollywood Bowl's Food Vendors Go All-Vegetarian for Morrissey - LA Weekly

Excerpt:
"As his fans well know, Morrissey is no shrinking violet when it comes to his advocacy for animal rights and vegetarianism. He's been a longtime supporter of PETA and other animals-rights groups, and frequently demands that concert venues refrain from cooking or serving meat during his shows.

Today, the Hollywood Bowl announced that for Moz's shows there next week, it will become the latest venue to honor the singer's meat-free M.O. For the first time, according a press release, all menus at the Bowl's various food vendors will go completely vegetarian (though not full vegan — some dishes will still contain cheese and other animal products)."

morrissey-timothy-norris.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE Nov. 4:

Also posted by Famous when dead:

Similar story:

Meat is murder: Morrissey bans burgers from upcoming Aberdeen show - Press and Journal

Last edited by a moderator:
What a waste of time. Posturing as 'animal friendly' whilst serving Cheese and wearing Cashmere...oh, dear....wait till Benny gets on here!

Morrissey Is Murder.

various food vendors will go completely vegetarian (though not full vegan — some dishes will still contain cheese and other animal products)."

Last edited:
I'm amazed how people cant go for two hours without eating half a coo.surely you have something to eat before you go to the actual venue.maybe its an American thing,think british and Europeans are more interested in the booze queue.

Always good to see. Do any other artists do this

I respect Morrissey for his dedication to animal cause, and I don't make a fuss about his cashmere cardigan etc like some, but just saw an article about Paul McCartney's new short film about the damage of meat consumption and how he offers one-day-per-week meat free idea. As a vegetarian, I feel his less militant approach could achieve more than Morrissey's way. Sometimes in life you need to aim lower to achieve more.

the poor certainly go more than one day a week without eating meat,not by choice more by the terrible situation they are in financially.

I'm amazed how people cant go for two hours without eating half a coo.surely you have something to eat before you go to the actual venue.maybe its an American thing,think british and Europeans are more interested in the booze queue.
It's something about concerts that makes me want to eat a lamb toast dinner with all the trimmings and gravy. I never eat it unless I'm going to a gig.

I have never in my life eaten anything at a concert apart from an elephant ear with sugar and cinnamon when the B-52s came through on the State Fair circuit.

Well... Maybe some drugs when I was younger, but they weren't very filling.

I have never in my life eaten anything at a concert apart from an elephant ear with sugar and cinnamon when the B-52s came through on the State Fair circuit.

Well... Maybe some drugs when I was younger, but they weren't very filling.
The drugs just make you want to eat, or not at all :)

The fools are the ones who just stand there like a statue.
It depends on the music, for sure. I don't need somebody pulling a Stevie Nix in front of me at a seated show. Unless it's like many seated shows where people stand for the duration, then dance on, dancey pants.

This was obviously going to happen in Steve's kingdom Moz Angeles, but me reckon what pescatarian William Michael Albert Broad thinks of all this? Reckon he wears leather and how is he going to eat his baked salmon backstage?

I think the obesity epidemic has crossed the pond. Whenever I visit the UK now I see fatties all over the place.

I respect Morrissey for his dedication to animal cause, and I don't make a fuss about his cashmere cardigan etc like some, but just saw an article about Paul McCartney's new short film about the damage of meat consumption and how he offers one-day-per-week meat free idea. As a vegetarian, I feel his less militant approach could achieve more than Morrissey's way. Sometimes in life you need to aim lower to achieve more.

It’s hard to say what would achieve more but in the end I’d rather them both just be true to how they feel. I’m a veggie and not a vegan and I can for sure understand the offputtig militant stance I get from many vegans but morrisseys a different kinda guy in a lot of ways and I’ve accepted that a long time ago and admit it’s part of his appeal. I appreciate his intensity and he does do some good instances like this one being an example. Maybe more vegan acts will see it is possible to request this sort of thing and it’ll build. That said I totally agree with the thougt that ordering food at a concert is nuts and I relate to the sweating out tons of water comment. The munchy drugs are for when you need to calm down and eventually force down a piece of bread or something

I don't think (American) people really eat at concerts unless it's an all day event. But did you mean to write "half a cow" or "half a zoo?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom