hollywood chihuahua forever !

homeless chihuahua

So turns out that my friend Rafael and I were two of the lucky few who not only made it but also appear on the 'controversial' Live25 movie !! Someone at a cinema in the US (they won't play it here in Costa Rica, where we are from, and we were awaiting the dvd release to find out) took a snapshot of us while we were being randomly interviewed by the movie camera crew, right at the exit of the gig. I look like I guess I would look like if I smoked crack and had just had a hit, that is the high u get at a Moz show, particularly this one , where we were able to get tickets for the ground floor at the last minute (we had upper area), and queued early enough to be in the first few rows !!

And I say controversial because of the mixed reviews. I can only tell you that for us, it was mind blowing: as loud, intimate and adrenaline-fueled as could be, but as the cliché says... you had to be there !! I thought that I could die in peace when I kissed his hand at the encore in Davis two days later (his second last show of the tour) , yet here is a surprise that will quite immortalize our affair ! :) Can't wait to see the show and find out if it indeed reproduces the intimacy, devotion and amazing rendition Moz delivered that night. And of course, that our message to him to come to Costa Rica (if only for a holiday) got through to him... :)

Other highlights of the 7-day trip to SoCal :
- The after-party at Mel's bar in downtown LA after the Staples gig (getting drunk with so many latino brothers non stop dancing and singing Moz songs was as good as the Star&Garter afterparty during the Tormentors tour , except the latter was with white English people who gracefully let us blend as siblings :),
- The two total strangers we sold our tickets to outside the Hollywood High, who I fancied not only enjoyed the show together, but then fell in love and are now committed to each other
- Our couple of nights at the Cat and Fiddle hoping Moz would show up, which were not a total loss of time as Amoeba records shopping spree around the corner made up for it.
- The dead person being custodied by LAPD that we run into on our way out of the hostel around Sunset one Sunday morning (it looked strangely typical), and of course...
- All the fellow Moz fans that we got to know during the three shows we attended.

Attachments

• hollywoodhigh.JPG
    hollywoodhigh.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 73
So turns out that my friend Rafael and I were two of the lucky few who not only made it but also appear on the 'controversial' Live25 movie !! Someone at a cinema in the US (they won't play it here in Costa Rica, where we are from, and we were awaiting the dvd release to find out) took a snapshot of us while we were being randomly interviewed by the movie camera crew, right at the exit of the gig. I look like I guess I would look like if I smoked crack and had just had a hit, that is the high u get at a Moz show, particularly this one , where we were able to get tickets for the ground floor at the last minute (we had upper area), and queued early enough to be in the first few rows !!

And I say controversial because of the mixed reviews. I can only tell you that for us, it was mind blowing: as loud, intimate and adrenaline-fueled as could be, but as the cliché says... you had to be there !! I thought that I could die in peace when I kissed his hand at the encore in Davis two days later (his second last show of the tour) , yet here is a surprise that will quite immortalize our affair ! :) Can't wait to see the show and find out if it indeed reproduces the intimacy, devotion and amazing rendition Moz delivered that night. And of course, that our message to him to come to Costa Rica (if only for a holiday) got through to him... :)

Other highlights of the 7-day trip to SoCal :
- The after-party at Mel's bar in downtown LA after the Staples gig (getting drunk with so many latino brothers non stop dancing and singing Moz songs was as good as the Star&Garter afterparty during the Tormentors tour , except the latter was with white English people who gracefully let us blend as siblings :),
- The two total strangers we sold our tickets to outside the Hollywood High, who I fancied not only enjoyed the show together, but then fell in love and are now committed to each other
- Our couple of nights at the Cat and Fiddle hoping Moz would show up, which were not a total loss of time as Amoeba records shopping spree around the corner made up for it.
- The dead person being custodied by LAPD that we run into on our way out of the hostel around Sunset one Sunday morning (it looked strangely typical), and of course...
- All the fellow Moz fans that we got to know during the three shows we attended.

Lol. Glad you loved LA!

Great story! Thank you for sharing. Luckily for you, you traveled a far distance and got to see Moz! It sounds like your trip was well worth it.

I remember you guys from the film, you seemed particularly sincere and bubbling over with Moz love!

This film really shows how top of his game he still is! Let's hope will all get a chance to see him live again soon!!

:) LA nothing 2 answer 4

My friend went to San Francisco for the first time and her memory forever told countless times was stepping off a bus on the first day and walking past a blood-soaked mattress on the sidewalk. :p

Thanks, I honestly don't remember what we ranted about but what the heck! And yes, I'm sure we haven't seen the end of our Moz yet, he'll be in a town near you soon ;)

Actually, there also happened to be a small memorial (like faded flowers, candle butts and scraps) a few yards away from the second hotel we stayed at, close to the Staples, for the second night. A cab driver that dropped us there after the gig asked us if we knew anything about the lady that had been murdered there a few days earlier. :O
The only other 'californication' scene I creepily recall from the trip was the bartender at this Hollywood joint that, hearing we where from CR, remarked inquisitively that he'd heard cocaine was great there. I awkwardly retorted affirmatively, instead of scolding him with a 'well, the rainforest is DA trip' kind of comeback. But I am more sincere than I am smart :(

Actually, there also happened to be a small memorial (like faded flowers, candle butts and scraps) a few yards away from the second hotel we stayed at, close to the Staples, for the second night. A cab driver that dropped us there after the gig asked us if we knew anything about the lady that had been murdered there a few days earlier. :O
The only other 'californication' scene I creepily recall from the trip was the bartender at this Hollywood joint that, hearing we where from CR, remarked inquisitively that he'd heard cocaine was great there. I awkwardly retorted affirmatively, instead of scolding him with a 'well, the rainforest is DA trip' kind of comeback. But I am more sincere than I am smart :(
glad you covered "the big 3" while in my hometown :thumb:
drugs, death and Morrissey :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom