Home is a question mark, but only with Alain Whyte

MORPHINE

I wonder how he changed music and the lyrics in 2017 and how it was originally planned way back in Quarry? Does it hold any signature by the current boys of any? Skinny had a rumor back then, but I can't sense if it's some piece of sarcasm as it is hard to sing along with the 2017 song and I will add it up there. Anyone who has enough balls to ask it to the man, Alain himself or some strong rumor, demo, etc.? I feel guilt whenever I play a song from LIHS so... Let me delete the whole album but you see ... I have strong bonds with the song.

I do not flinch if the doorbell rings
I sit and I yawn
With my curtains drawn
Saintly patience tips so easy to sin
The prolonged pregnant pause
Will the last laugh be yours?

I wonder how he changed music and the lyrics in 2017 and how it was originally planned way back in Quarry? Does it hold any signature by the current boys of any? Skinny had a rumor back then, but I can't sense if it's some piece of sarcasm as it is hard to sing along with the 2017 song and I will add it up there. Anyone who has enough balls to ask it to the man, Alain himself or some strong rumor, demo, etc.? I feel guilt whenever I play a song from LIHS so... Let me delete the whole album but you see ... I have strong bonds with the song.

I do not flinch if the doorbell rings
I sit and I yawn
With my curtains drawn
Saintly patience tips so easy to sin
The prolonged pregnant pause
Will the last laugh be yours?
I have to ask this, were you actually on morphine when you wrote this?

I seem to remember that one person or another did ask Alain about these lyrics, and Alain responded that these weren't legitimate. Alain claims to have a demo of the original HIAQ with Morrissey singing.

I won't dig through all the threads, but here's his comment circa 2017:

20190522_144938.jpg

So the lyrics cited are not related to Alain's version.
I believe @Uncleskinny made reference to finding these words in 2004 - it would be great to see what he remembers about where they came from. After Fifteen To One obviously (I get that way with Only Connect) :)
Regards,
FWD.

View attachment 49808

I believe @Uncleskinny made reference to finding these words in 2004 - it would be great to see what he remembers about where they came from. After Fifteen To One obviously (I get that way with Only Connect) :)
Regards,
FWD.

What with UncleSkinny being exposed more and more in recent years as a notorious spreader of unfounded rumour and bullshit, he possibly wrote those lyrics himself. They sound like the kind of thing I would have written when I was about 19 and trying and failing to sound intelligent. They read nothing like Morrissey lyrics, they're clunky and I don't think even in his later years he'd write anything as pointless as "saintly patience" or "will the last laugh be yours?"
If Skinny didn't write them himself then someone was taking him for a ride; maybe the same person who told him that Mike Joyce was in a relationship with Morrissey. He seems to get the wool pulled over his eyes quite a lot. The curse of the perennial fanboy.

What with UncleSkinny being exposed more and more in recent years as a notorious spreader of unfounded rumour and bullshit, he possibly wrote those lyrics himself. They sound like the kind of thing I would have written when I was about 19 and trying and failing to sound intelligent. They read nothing like Morrissey lyrics, they're clunky and I don't think even in his later years he'd write anything as pointless as "saintly patience" or "will the last laugh be yours?"
If Skinny didn't write them himself then someone was taking him for a ride; maybe the same person who told him that Mike Joyce was in a relationship with Morrissey. He seems to get the wool pulled over his eyes quite a lot. The curse of the perennial fanboy.

of course, good detective work, the twat skinny wrote the sophomoric lyrics.:lbf:

View attachment 49808

Regards,
FWD.

It would be incredible to hear Moz/Alain’s version someday !

The lyrics to the original version may never come to light now that Morrissey has released a new song by the same title. But it's possible that Alain may repurpose the music for one of his own songs. Two of his new songs, "Oblivion" and the yet-to-be released "A Higher Power," were stated to be songs Morrissey passed on. It would be the inverse of how Johnny Panic songs became "Irish Blood, English Heart" and "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice" years ago.

God bless the Megarians. Sadly I'm not on morphine. So ... it's not my first language. But I bet you don't do it academically and guess who does, and quite likes to pretend saying it's his own experimental way and right to use it broken (this time Marianne Faithfull) while absolutely knowing nothing about the English itself, the literature or the history. So ... 'confused and messed up' or 'on morphine', so choose one but just don't mess with...

PS. MAY BE MY FIRST YEAR OR I MIGHT HAVE A ... REALLY MESSED UP MIND?, STILL YOURS, SINCERELY

PS. I EDITED IT TO CORRECT 5 COMMON ENGLISH MISTAKES, PERHAPS IT'S MORPHINE.

PS. GOD BLESS THEM!!!

Last edited:
I guess ... That's what collaboration means then. But asking the same question again with the horrid potentials of the grump.

Last edited:
God bless the Megarians. Sadly I'm not on morphine. So ... it's not my first language. But I bet you don't do it academically and guess who does, and quite likes to pretend saying it's his own experimental way and right to use it broken (this time Marianne Faithfull) while absolutely knowing nothing about the English itself, the literature or the history. So ... 'confused and messed up' or 'on morphine', so choose one but just don't mess with...

PS. MAY BE MY FIRST YEAR OR I MIGHT HAVE A ... REALLY MESSED UP MIND?, STILL YOURS, SINCERELY

PS. I EDITED IT TO CORRECT 5 COMMON ENGLISH MISTAKES, PERHAPS IT'S MORPHINE.

PS. GOD BLESS THEM!!!
This is (in best Joe Swanson voice) AWESOME!!!

Back
Top Bottom