Homozeroticism

Walter Ego

Not Banned
Have you noticed how many people equate men liking Morrissey with homoeroticism?

In almost every documentary or biographical article on Moz it is said that normally heterosexual males are attracted to Mozzer on a homoerotic level.
It is often said that when straight men reach out to him at concerts, try desperately to touch him or hug him on stage, that this is the unleashing of surpessed male to male attraction that usually remains dormant in hetero males but through the power of Moz's words and music it breaks free and for that moment takes control of straighty boy.

Well, speaking as a straight boy (and yes I do understand how few of us, if any, are 100% one way or t'other) I think this is cobblers.

When I first heard The Smiths back in the stone age I was captured by the music and woken from my slumber by the words. It was truly life changing to discover someone who knew my life so well and expressed it so perfectly.

The more I discovered about the man the more I liked, possibly even loved him.
Lyrics always made sense to me. Interviews always made me laugh and nod my head in total agreement.
And so to be in his company can be a very powerful thing. So much so that I totally understand the connection he has with some people.
Even to the extent where a person will risk physical harm just to be noticed by him and close to him for ten seconds.

But, for me anyway, I have never found another man physically attractive in the way I feel about (most) women I meet.
Never ever ever have I thought it would please me to get near to him in 'that' way.
I just don't fancy men in a sexual way, never have and probably never will.

So in future you talking heads on documentaries and scribblers on paper, please take note.
We love Moz in a straight way, a very unusual, powerful straight way. But definately straight.
Thank you, and goodnight.

ps, this is not meant to be anti anything, I don't give two hoots if someone is straight, gay or a Liberal Democrat (actually that last one isn't true, tory supporting bastards).

Have you noticed how many people equate men liking Morrissey with homoeroticism?

In almost every documentary or biographical article on Moz it is said that normally heterosexual males are attracted to Mozzer on a homoerotic level.
It is often said that when straight men reach out to him at concerts, try desperately to touch him or hug him on stage, that this is the unleashing of surpessed male to male attraction that usually remains dormant in hetero males but through the power of Moz's words and music it breaks free and for that moment takes control of straighty boy.

Well, speaking as a straight boy (and yes I do understand how few of us, if any, are 100% one way or t'other) I think this is cobblers.

When I first heard The Smiths back in the stone age I was captured by the music and woken from my slumber by the words. It was truly life changing to discover someone who knew my life so well and expressed it so perfectly.

Lyrics always made sense to me. Interviews always made me laugh and nod my head in total agreement.
And so to be in his company can be a very powerful thing. So much so that I totally understand the connection he has with some people.
Even to the extent where a person will risk physical harm just to be noticed by him and close to him for ten seconds.

But, for me anyway, I have never found another man physically attractive in the way I feel about (most) women I meet.
Never ever ever have I thought it would please me to get near to him in 'that' way.

So in future you talking heads on documentaries and scribblers on paper, please take note.
We love Moz in a straight way, a very unusual, powerful straight way. But definately straight.

ps, this is not meant to be anti anything, I don't give two hoots if someone is straight, gay or a Liberal Democrat (actually that last one isn't true, tory supporting bastards).

Me thinks thou doth protest too much ;)

A simple 'I don't fancy Moz' could've sufficed...

I think I get what youre trying to say

I'm straight and I love Morrissey too much. Nonetheless I am able to say that there's no homossexual intention in loving Morrissey as an artist. In my poor opinion, I love Morrissey as I love my brother 'cos every time I needed advises I could find them out on Morrissey's words. Of course I know that many men (gays) love Morrissey as a man. I won't judge it 'cos the way they found to love Morrissey and in some ways they are identified with Morrissey's songs. No one can judge why and hjow you lik something or someone.

Me too. The first time I've heard Smiths was when I was teenager and a friend of mine introduced them to me. First of all it happened 'cos we love a Brazilian band which was compared with Smiths and REM. This band is called Legião Urbana (I recomend you to listen "Tempo Perdido", "Andrea Doria" and "Meninos e Meninas").

If I'm not mistaken the first line I have noticed was "I am human and I need to be loved" from How soon is now?. I was identified with these words at that time. And I became a fan little by little, I mean, song by song.

I have never felt Morrissey sexual attraticve or seductive to me. Always I was only interested in his music. Of course I admire him too much, but only as an artist.

I have always disliked how in books/chapters/reviews etc it is used as a 'given' and almost lazily rolled out as another cliche. My other objection is that it can have the effect of leaving out women in the 'history of Moz' fandom.

I have always disliked how in books/chapters/reviews etc it is used as a 'given' and almost lazily rolled out as another cliche. My other objection is that it can have the effect of leaving out women in the 'history of Moz' fandom.
I agree.
I always hated that bit in 'The Importance Of Being Morrissey' where Miranda Sawyer, the too-cool-for-skool journo, snidely says 'Yeah, and it's always blokes, never girls, that worship him like that'. She wants to check in to The Frink sometime :eek:

I agree.
I always hated that bit in 'The Importance Of Being Morrissey' where Miranda Sawyer, the too-cool-for-skool journo, snidely says 'Yeah, and it's always blokes, never girls, that worship him like that'. She wants to check in to The Frink sometime :eek:

I definitely worship him. I love you Moz!!!! I have a Vauxhall and I poster in my guitar room, and it looks like he is looking down at me like a god, like he finds me amusing struggling to learn his songs on my guitar, singing along with him on the ipod, reading and talking on his forum, frinking him...

If there is this element of homoeroticism involved in Morrissey's fanbase, I don't think it has anything to do with thinking Morrissey is attractive. It's about relating to the words he is singing. I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to have sex with Morrissey. That just seems like it would be a very rude thing to do to him.

If there is this element of homoeroticism involved in Morrissey's fanbase, I don't think it has anything to do with thinking Morrissey is attractive. It's about relating to the words he is singing. I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to have sex with Morrissey. That just seems like it would be a very rude thing to do to him.

Can't you imagine anyone actually wanting to have sex with Morrissey? You're so delicate...I'm rough. And rude.

Isn't sex something you do WITH someone, not TO someone? And why should Morrissey be excluded from this very normal human activity?

I disagree, I think it is very much to do with his looks.

I'd bone him. If I had a bone. :straightface:

I'd be rude with him. :p

Back
Top Bottom