Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

I still don't believe they'll be selling these online. These Hot Topic Exclusives tend to be sold in-store only, but we'll see!
Also, I'm happy it'll be out 8/5. Don't get paid till the end of the week and I wouldn't want to miss it!

This is going to be a hunt just like the 10"

All their exclusives are sold online and in store, this will be online 100%.

We all just need to be patient and wait for the new release date.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

I still don't believe they'll be selling these online. These Hot Topic Exclusives tend to be sold in-store only, but we'll see!
Also, I'm happy it'll be out 8/5. Don't get paid till the end of the week and I wouldn't want to miss it!

This is going to be a hunt just like the 10"

Believe me, this is going to be far more collectible than the 10".

Did anyone on the east coast go to a store yet today to make sure it's not out? Or we know for sure 100% that it's been delayed? I was still going to go to a store in CA today to check but I won't bother if people were told in stores that it's been delayed. Thanks.

Did anyone on the east coast go to a store yet today to make sure it's not out? Or we know for sure 100% that it's been delayed? I was still going to go to a store in CA today to check but I won't bother if people were told in stores that it's been delayed. Thanks.

Nobody has had the info confirmed from the stores yet - or if they have they haven't posted about it. We're working off the info provided on the vinylcollective boards and the poster Travis, who is the buyer for Hot Topic vinyl.

His latest update was:

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:14 PM
The HT exclusive orange vinyl should be out 8/5, if anything changes I'll post it here

The waiting is the hardest part...

Just buy a regular version and paint it orange. No one will know the difference.

Went to a HT store in Boston area today and the manager of the store did an inventory search for the orange vinyl. No release date is set in their system but it is marked as an "in-store only" purchase item with no web sale options and not all HT stores will carry it. Very limited run.

Well if it is really "in-store only" than well we are f****d !!!!! Still let's wait and see....

Cheers Moz

All their exclusives are sold online and in store, this will be online 100%.

No release date is set in their system but it is marked as an "in-store only" purchase item with no web sale options and not all HT stores will carry it.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH. Clearly someone at Hot Topic is mistaken...

Went to a HT store in Boston area today and the manager of the store did an inventory search for the orange vinyl. No release date is set in their system but it is marked as an "in-store only" purchase item with no web sale options and not all HT stores will carry it. Very limited run.

That is LAME!!!!

I'll go get someone the Hot Topic record at my mall...in exchange for dick pics. :cool: :p

I'm kidding! No but srsly, if it's really an store only I can pick one up for one of you desperate collectors.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH. Clearly someone at Hot Topic is mistaken...

To be safe, Im applying for a job at Hot Topic in order to get first dibs..

Called all 5 of the HTs near me and none of them had any, and no word of when they will be released.

Oh and by the way, according to HT employees Vauxhall and I is really called Valhalla one hahahaha

To be safe, Im applying for a job at Hot Topic in order to get first dibs..

Lol..

I'll go get someone the Hot Topic record at my mall...in exchange for dick pics. :cool: :p

I'm kidding! No but srsly, if it's really an store only I can pick one up for one of you desperate collectors.

I'm off that day so I may show up at Hot Topic right at 10 am, much to their delight I'm sure.

I went to a Hot Topic in CA today just to make sure. The guy didn't know about it when I asked but he looked it up. His computer told him that the date was today but he went over to the record area with me and said if they had it, it would be in there. Which it wasn't. I told him there was a supposed delay. He didn't have much of a clue but was actually a helpful guy and seemed kind of interested when I told him about it. He was like "oh cool". My first time in a Hot Topic. Wasn't too weird since there was at least one other old dude like me wandering about in there (with his kids).

Believe me, this is going to be far more collectible than the 10".

The 10" is worthless. If Harvest had done their job right, they would've printed 50,000 copies of the 10" and flown through them at $2 each (especially considering that it comes as a $2 off coupon). With the market now flooded with them, they would be rendered obsolete and never worth a cent more than the $2 they cost. Whatever paltry pressing they did does not give the 10" any further merit and it has no place in mine, or any other collection that exists to actually be listened to.

The 10" is worthless. If Harvest had done their job right, they would've printed 50,000 copies of the 10" and flown through them at $2 each (especially considering that it comes as a $2 off coupon). With the market now flooded with them, they would be rendered obsolete and never worth a cent more than the $2 they cost. Whatever paltry pressing they did does not give the 10" any further merit and it has no place in mine, or any other collection that exists to actually be listened to.

Okay point made then. I will toss mine in the trash when it arrives. What was I thinking?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom