Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

My copy of the highly limited "edible edition" of the LP has arrived!
Just a brief word of warning. The record is delicious and tastes of banana sundaes but the sleeve is NOT edible and tastes of cardboard.
Be warned!

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

Blink 182 and Fall Out Boys... Why?

Second that, next minute we hear that you've got Green Day a spattered coloured vinyl tucked away also

Cause I love both?

Why the question mark. Are you doubting yourself now under further examination. It's not too late to change, you're only encouraging them to continue and provide false hope.

Cause they push the musical boundaries, yeah right ha ha

It's not unusual for some first pressings to be made using colours left over from the previous artist pressing run. This might account for the pink/orange colours seen to date, but probably unlikely. Also, when changing the colours, the first half dozen or so pressings are discarded as they are theoretically of poor quality - these sometimes find their way out of the factory and become highly collectable, especially if they are in a left over colour from the previous artist pressing run.
Believe it or not, most coloured vinyl pressings (including black) deliver inferior sound quality due to the magnetised colour particles used in making them - it interferes with the magnetic qualities of your cartridge/pickup.
Clear vinyl is the absolute best as it doesn't contain any colour particles. So, we are all running around like headless chickens trying to throw our money at an inferior product - irony of ironies!!
Mine was an early order and still shows fulfilling order. No response from Hot Topic to me e.mail enquiry about this.
It's all kind of wearing and enough to make me think I'll just buy the standard black issue as it's readily available on a hassle-free basis.

Cause I love both?

What a ridiculous reason to buy a record! I hope you've noted for next time that you should first do a poll of anonymous Solo forum users before making any musical purchases. :rolleyes:

So, we are all running around like headless chickens trying to throw our money at an inferior product - irony of ironies!!

Yes you may well be right , it looks as if you know what you are talking about. Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Cheers Moz

What a ridiculous reason to buy a record! I hope you've noted for next time that you should first do a poll of anonymous Solo forum users before making any musical purchases. :rolleyes:

Seriously! I mean, I like all kinds of stuff, pretty much. Even in my "punkest" days I would get made fun of for liking some pop stuff or whatever, I don't care though. My favorite bands are Smiths/Moz (surprise?) along with Descendents/ALL (surprise again, re: my avatar!) so any band that's going to have even hints of that kinda stuff (Blink 182 have covered the Dents and are huge fans...Fall Out Boy started because Pete Wentz wanted to do something that combined Descendents with Morrissey) of course I'm gonna like it.

And as for the Green Day comment...don't get me started on them! Love 'em. Especially the first 3-4 records.

Also, I'm listening to the HT pressing of "WPINOYB" now and it sounds lovely.

Still no confirmation emails but the status of my orders has changed to 'Shipped' so I guess they've finally went through!

Whew!

Still no confirmation emails but the status of my orders has changed to 'Shipped' so I guess they've finally went through!

Whew!

Snap! They must have a weegie batch ;)

My online order still says "Fullfilling"

Just got an email from USPS saying:

At this point , I think, it must be really on its way to me......yessssssss

Cheers Moz

I wonder how many people will be purchasing the all black vinyl, orange/pink vinyl and orange/orange vinyl versions?

I will most likely be selling my all black versions once the orange/pink arrives.

I wonder how many people will be purchasing the all black vinyl, orange/pink vinyl and orange/orange vinyl versions?

I will most likely be selling my all black versions once the orange/pink arrives.

Nah man, i'll keep all of them and possibly purchase the repressed orange/orange if it's also an exclusive for collecting sake.
Gotta have them all!

Yeah, I'd be trying to get all of them too. I have most Smiths/Morrissey colored vinyl but missing a few. So don't want to get any further behind. I know I'll want them later so might as well get them now.

I'm keeping my black one as well as the HT one. If they really do a solid orange repress and the opportunity presents itself...it will be hard to resist.

I'm guessing you weren't the other person that had a record on hold at the KOP Mall? When I went they said there was someone who was calling for a month and a half about it so that's who got the other record.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom