Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

the descendents are like the smiths of that day and scene in a lot of ways both instrumentally and lyrically. fallout boy were just great and that description fits them perfectly though you could maybe throw just a bit of brand news first record in there though they of course were trying to do that combo of influence as well (he mentions his love of morrisey in song) a couple of times. i love them from a to z in a lot of ways, from the acoutic and vocal of "its not a side effect of the cocaine, i think it must be love" to what a catch donnie with costello singing on it and the beatles allusion that almost none of there fans will get unless they read the allmusic review. i would always thought that lyrics like these wouldnt appeal to a morrissey fan,

"I spent most of last night dragging this lake
for the corpses of all my past mistakes
sell me out - the joke's on you
we are salt - you are the wound
empty another bottle
and let me tear you to pieces
this is me wishing you
into the worst situations
I'm the kind of kid
that can't let anything go
but you wouldn't know a good thing
if it came up and slit your throat

Woah [x2]
Ooo
Woah [x2]

Your remorse hasn't fallen on deaf ears
rather ones that just don't care
cause I know
that you're in between arms somewhere
next to heartbeats
where you shouldn't dare sleep
Now I'll teach you a lesson
for keeping secrets from me

Take your taste back
peel back your skin
and try to forget how it feels inside
you should try saying no once in a while
oh once in a while
[x2]

And did you hear the news?
I could dissect you
and gut you on this stage
not as eloquent as I may have imagined
but it will get the job done (you're done)
every line is plotted and designed
to leave you standing
on your bedroom window's ledge
and everyone else that it hits
that it gets to
is nothing more than collateral damage

Take your taste back
peel back your skin
and try to forget how it feels inside
you should try saying no once in a while
oh once in a while"

the song as weapon of revenge on the person who sold out there friendship so angry that he doesnt care if any innocent person gets hurt by it as well. a friendship so strong he cant let go the betrayal of it sounds very morrissey to me as well as his heart (feelings) being the worst weapon because he gets hurt just as much as the other person. the breaking of perspective is cool as hes singing a song about a person who hurt him with betrayal of a friendship which is very traditional, the pop song as emotional outlet for hurt feelings, but he also himself says that the song is insincere and is really just a design to get this girl to kill herself ya know because they betrayed him and hes hurt and taking it out in song. the plurality and honestly in all the meanings/perspectives are interesting

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

Shipped confirmation sent this morning. Thank Goodness...

They could have done something like this....Blink 182 Special Vinyl they have for sale , special Hottopic release.....

Attachments

• blink 182.jpg
    blink 182.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15

I wonder how many people will be purchasing the all black vinyl, orange/pink vinyl and orange/orange vinyl versions?

I will most likely be selling my all black versions once the orange/pink arrives.

I imagine that these releases will be sealed, some of you out there will be wrestling with yourselves on whether to open?

Blink 182 and Fall Out Boys... Why?

Really, you too? Such extremes,

The Smiths/Morrissey = musical greatness

Blink 182 = Crass noise

I know freedom of choic blah blah but why waste it?

That looks amazing!

This is a cool orange, its marbled.

orange lp.jpg

travis
Today, 12:36 PM
Lucas Has a Cat, on 08 Aug 2014 - 6:26 PM, said:
Hi all

I saw that there will be a second pressing of this special vinyl. Is there any indication that there will be some way to distinguish between the first and second pressing? I'm just curious if I'll have to go through the two-day stress of getting this again.

I can finally focus at work again because I got my shipping confirmation. Thanks for the help!

Lucas

There wont be anything on the packaging to differentiate between pressings as they should be identical. I guess if you want to get another one from this next pressing order it online. Anything going up online will be from the next press since the first press sold out online already. If you go into a store there will be no of telling which pressing is which.

travis
Today, 12:43 PM
Lucas Has a Cat, on 08 Aug 2014 - 6:38 PM, said:
Thank you, Travis.

I also saw you mentioned that some of the first pressing had two orange vinyl and some were orange and pink. Do you have any indication of how many double orange vinyl there were? I feel like I need to have both variants. Moz collecting is a sickness.

Lucas

I honestly have no idea. There's really no way of telling what you'll get until you open it (please no one open these in stores, thank you). They were supposed to just be orange but apparently some are pink/orange.

So it'll no longer be a ltd run of 1000 but those pink and orange sets will become super collectible.

No..I live right near the Springfield Mall Hot Topic. They keep their vinyls on the floor in a box under some shelving.

I got an e-mail saying its shipped.

I'm guessing you weren't the other person that had a record on hold at the KOP Mall? When I went they said there was someone who was calling for a month and a half about it so that's who got the other record.

No..I live right near the Springfield Mall Hot Topic. They keep their vinyls on the floor in a box under some shelving.

OK folks, good news. The Hot Topic order tracking site at long last shows my order as "shipped". I was one of those who ordered on August 5th at approximately 6 am eastern seaboard time, from England, as it happens. So, an early order. It seems that HT are dealing with orders on a fairly random basis, not in time/date order. I therefore assume that anybody whose order has not been cancelled will in fact be fulfilled. I'm presently drinking a pint of Everard's Champion beer (7.3% alcohol by volume, from Scotland), by way of celebration. Take heart all of you who are waiting to hear something. And maybe spare a thought for the (presumably) one member of staff who is allocated to on-line purchases and must be working like a good' un!!

No e.mail confirmation yet, but the HT website confirms my order is now "shipped". I was one of the early orders, approximately 6 am eastern seaboard time on 5th August. HT appear to be doing this in a random way, ie not first come first served. If your order hasn't been cancelled - keep the faith!!!
To break the seal or not to break the seal, that is the question posed by someone else. Depends on whether you want to listen to it, or not - ha, ha.

My order has been shipped today!
Ordered on the 6th and just today had they changed it from 'FULFILLING ORDER' to 'AUTO-CHECK' and now it's finally shipped with tracking.
I ordered two, one to listen to and another as a collectable. I'm hoping they're both pink/orange variant. It looks way better than orange/orange.

Good Friday.

I ordered 3 copies and they shipped mine just fine. :D

Hot Topic Order Number: X3053684
Order Date: 2014-08-06 11:50:15
Order Status: SHIPPED
Ship Date 08/08/14

Hot Topic Order Number: X3053684
Order Date: 2014-08-06 11:50:15
Order Status: SHIPPED
Ship Date 08/08/14

mine shipped too!

Right, so are there 2 versions of this release then?
Or is it just the lighting on the second photograph?

idhx8i.jpg

2uswrap.jpg

I’m not going to lie...this whole thing still has me utterly confused. Have we confirmed that there is a version where both LP’s are orange? To me, the second pic is how my records look as well until I put them against the white backdrop, then I can tell the difference in color. Help?

IDK how serious you were when you mentioned something like being color blind before, so I don't know how easy it will be for you to see, but it you look at the flash reflecting off the top record, you can see the halo around it appears pink, which leads me to believe it is pink vinyl. The second LP is less of a visible pink halo, but that may just be because it reflected less of the flash. The dead wax also has kind of a pinkish hue to it, but maybe I'm just making myself see this.

Also, it's against a largely yellowish sleeve (the wall portion, anyway), which could make it appear even more orange... the lighting in the picture is also really low and warm, which also contributes to the coloration... so, while I can't say that it's definitely pink, I think it could simply be an unintentionally misleading photograph.

Then again, if the HT guy said both versions exist in the first press, maybe it is orange... No offense to them, though, but they've been all over the place with their info about every other aspect of the release, so maybe they really are all pink/orange in this pressing. If not, I have to imagine the double orange variant is far scarcer just based on how many pictures and confirmations we've actually seen of the pink/orange one vs. the double orange.

I think this is the only double orange photo I've actually seen if it is in fact O/O.

PS: Is anyone else freaking out that someone seemingly just slapped a new record on what looking like a bunch of tiles? It's very unnerving to look at.

Last edited:

Apart from the music section, Hottopic do sell some really cool T Shirts....

Cheers Moz

Just got an email from USPS saying:

At this point , I think, it must be really on its way to me......yessssssss

Cheers Moz

And my card has finally been charged!!

Cheers Moz

IDK how serious you were when you mentioned something like being color blind before, so I don't know how easy it will be for you to see, but it you look at the flash reflecting off the top record, you can see the halo around it appears pink, which leads me to believe it is pink vinyl. The second LP is less of a visible pink halo, but that may just be because it reflected less of the flash. The dead wax also has kind of a pinkish hue to it, but maybe I'm just making myself see this.

Also, it's against a largely yellowish sleeve (the wall portion, anyway), which could make it appear even more orange... the lighting in the picture is also really low and warm, which also contributes to the coloration... so, while I can't say that it's definitely pink, I think it could simply be an unintentionally misleading photograph.

Then again, if the HT guy said both versions exist in the first press, maybe it is orange... No offense to them, though, but they've been all over the place with their info about every other aspect of the release, so maybe they really are all pink/orange in this pressing. If not, I have to imagine the double orange variant is far scarcer just based on how many pictures and confirmations we've actually seen of the pink/orange one vs. the double orange.

I think this is the only double orange photo I've actually seen if it is in fact O/O.

PS: Is anyone else freaking out that someone seemingly just slapped a new record on what looking like a bunch of tiles? It's very unnerving to look at.

I was half joking. Though I feel sometimes like subtle differences in color are hard for me to pick out!

I honestly don’t believe there’s an O/O pressing. Even the second photo I posted above, if you actually put them against the white sleeve you’ll see the difference. I’m hoping for a second pressing of O/O, maybe on solid color. That, I’d purchase. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom