Houston, TX concert still on, venue changed and upgrades available - StubWire.com email

Show is still on! Venue has been moved.

the email:
Brent
Good news is that the Morrissey show is still happening! Bad news is that bad weather the past few days means we can't have it on the Lawn.

But, the show will go on at the brand-spankin' new Smart Financial Centre at 18111 Lexington Boulevard, Sugar Land, Texas 77479

And of course!
Yes! Your existing ticket is still good for Smart Financial Centre. No new ticket is needed!
Yes! If your tickets are will-call, you can still pick them up from will call at Smart Financial Centre!
Yes! Show times are expected to stay the same.

See ya Friday...I hope.

Full email additional details from Abrahan:

Premium Front Of House Assigned Seats Now Available!
With this venue change we are now able to offer some assigned seats so close, you will be able to see the sweat dripping from Morrissey and best of all you will have an assigned seat! To upgrade your order please visit http://www.stubwire.com and login to your account in the top right corner of the site. Once you are logged in you should see your Morrissey event listed where you can click on DETAILS to view your order. On this page you will now see a button to upgrade your order and move into the red section on the seating chart.

39885_3389_1525_small.png

Where are my General Admission tickets located?
On the above image, all the original Lawn General Admission will be first come first serve within the green section of the above image. Please help us out and do not leave empty seats between you and the other customers as the Ushers will ask you to move over.

But what about our Add-On’s?

Premium Hilltop Seats - Don’t worry we will be upgrading your tickets into the Golden Circle seats which gets you right up front! We hopefully will have your exact seat locations to you by end of business on Thursday 04/13/2017.

Balcony Access - The great thing about the Smart Financial Centre is that they also have a Premium Balcony that you are going to be amazed when you see. When you arrive at the show bring your Balcony Access tickets up to the Club Seats and we will exchange your ticket for a Club Seat wristband and allow you to pick your seat.

Parking - We are still working out a few details for those that have pre-purchased your parking. We will send you another email when it is finalized but don’t worry we will make sure you are taken care of!

Thanks,
Pegstar, WOMH & StubWire

Last edited by a moderator:
Just swung by the venue (massive looking) before checking into my hotel and things look good as of right now. Crew is here, venue staff is here, a few fans wandering about.....

Of course things looked good at this point the other day for those in SA. But - I'm hoping that the fact they even bothered with the venue change is a positive sign about Moz's voice.

Against my better judgement, I am flying to Dallas tonight for show #68.

If you're (a) going and (b) interested in meeting up with a couple of other fans who have flown in, drop me a line. :)

It's a one-and-done fly in for me, unfortunately! Heading home tomorrow due to obligations. Have fun in Dallas!

Against my better judgement, I took my flight in and just landed at Hobby. Hoping for the best! Otherwise I'll be drinking in the nearby shopping mall (there is nothing else in the area!) all day/night. Even more than if the show goes off, I mean.....

With a bit of luck, this will be my 60th Morrissey show.
Really 60 shows wow that's more than Morrissey himself wow

A respectable time to cancel would be within the next couple of hours, after that I think it could be a definite maybe.

I can understand that reason.

So folks, what is the problem? Here we have an example(and I'm sure there are more) of people who are afraid to post because of serial harassment. Now I must confess that I had my share of tit for tat and used the rating system to get back at those who did the same to me, very childish I know.

Well I see three issues, 1. the rating system that does more harm than good, and it's not something that's easy to just ignore. And it will keep new posters away or remain as anonymous, and as it has done, it can drive long time posters away. So I don't see the benefit of it and why it is kept.

2. Moderators. I don't really know the details of what their duties are and what they're expected to do, I'm sure they have to keep some order around here, and a lot of crap anonymous posts we don't see because of screening could only be a good thing, we hope.
Seems we must have faith in their judgment of what they think is right or wrong, but time and time again posters have been a bit suspicious of their judgments and at times I also wonder why this or that post is allowed, because to me it seems racist or harassing.

Anyways, the issue of the rating system has been brought up before, so I think it should be done away with or the moderators should police the way it is used better. I'm mainly talking here about serial rating harassment where a poster uses the rating system in quick succession just running through the threads and down voting a particular user regardless of the content in each individual post.

3. The issue of not having the option to put on ones ignore list individual anonymous posters.

UGH, sorry for that rant, hope there's something there that could be implemented. Anyways I'm not telling anyone on how to run their site, because there are a lot of great things about this site too, it's just unfortunate that sometimes the bad outweighs the good.

Very good points, I always wanted to propose this. My posts get rated troll just because someone has decided to bully me, not because of what my message says. Unfortunately, I, as anonymous, don't even have the right to look up who the bully is. On the other hand, "friends" here on solo rate their posts Like or Funny where there is no reason to do so.
This is a good site to express your views not only of Morrissey, but other music, politics, art and culture, but, unfortunately, it is also a platform for bullies and trolls to have their voices heard. It is not the moderators' fault, it is the people's fault. We have all the tools to make this site popular and decent, but it seems like some of us use it to vent their frustration and express their hate and it's not the moderators' job to monitor the users. After all, I assume, we are all adults and should use a common sense. If there was another site like this I would gladly leave solo for good.

Very anxious about tonight. Looks like it's going to happen!

I upgraded my GA ticket and I think I have front row. Honoring my friend Nadia Pavlotsky who we lost to cancer on New Years Day. She will be there in spirit but she is surely missed by me and a lot of people in the Morrissey community.

Very good points, I always wanted to propose this. My posts get rated troll just because someone has decided to bully me, not because of what my message says. Unfortunately, I, as anonymous, don't even have the right to look up who the bully is. On the other hand, "friends" here on solo rate their posts Like or Funny where there is no reason to do so.
This is a good site to express your views not only of Morrissey, but other music, politics, art and culture, but, unfortunately, it is also a platform for bullies and trolls to have their voices heard. It is not the moderators' fault, it is the people's fault. We have all the tools to make this site popular and decent, but it seems like some of us use it to vent their frustration and express their hate and it's not the moderators' job to monitor the users. After all, I assume, we are all adults and should use a common sense. If there was another site like this I would gladly leave solo for good.
If someone is really hassling you you can put them on your ignore list. Same for anonymous (I think). I had the same problem 6 months ago and despite my better judgment it really got me down. Bullies have a tendency to get fed up if they don't get the response they want. Don't let them win!

It's a good amount but many others have far more under their belts!
Which concert/tour was the best so far? I really liked the wilderness years tour (just before Quarry) and the Quarry tour. Kill Uncle tour was great too cos I was more impressionable back then.
Best of luck tonight for the concert.

I can understand that reason.

So folks, what is the problem? Here we have an example(and I'm sure there are more) of people who are afraid to post because of serial harassment. Now I must confess that I had my share of tit for tat and used the rating system to get back at those who did the same to me, very childish I know.

Well I see three issues, 1. the rating system that does more harm than good, and it's not something that's easy to just ignore. And it will keep new posters away or remain as anonymous, and as it has done, it can drive long time posters away. So I don't see the benefit of it and why it is kept.

2. Moderators. I don't really know the details of what their duties are and what they're expected to do, I'm sure they have to keep some order around here, and a lot of crap anonymous posts we don't see because of screening could only be a good thing, we hope.
Seems we must have faith in their judgment of what they think is right or wrong, but time and time again posters have been a bit suspicious of their judgments and at times I also wonder why this or that post is allowed, because to me it seems racist or harassing.

Anyways, the issue of the rating system has been brought up before, so I think it should be done away with or the moderators should police the way it is used better. I'm mainly talking here about serial rating harassment where a poster uses the rating system in quick succession just running through the threads and down voting a particular user regardless of the content in each individual post.

3. The issue of not having the option to put on ones ignore list individual anonymous posters.

UGH, sorry for that rant, hope there's something there that could be implemented. Anyways I'm not telling anyone on how to run their site, because there are a lot of great things about this site too, it's just unfortunate that sometimes the bad outweighs the good.
1. How about just having positive ratings? For example get rid of Troll and Redundant. Someone will rate mine Redundant now but I don't care.

2. How about not allowing anonymous posters. You dont post if you dont register. That would weed out a lot of the crankfrauds.

So many people seem to forget that the one from 1990 was AWFUL with the exception of Tim Curry being Tim Curry. That's nostalgia for you!
I always thought the TV version of IT was terrible rubbish. I loved the original TV series of Salems Lot with David Soul. Scared me half to death as a child. Most King adaptations are muck but the trailer for the new IT looks promising.

Against my better judgement, I am flying to Dallas tonight for show #68.

If you're (a) going and (b) interested in meeting up with a couple of other fans who have flown in, drop me a line. :)

Good luck to you and Harsh Truth. I hope it happens and that he is in fine form. I stopped at 60, but occasionally look wistfully at my old ticket collection and think of the (very) good times. Give him a wave from me.

God speed to you all tonight. I mean it. If the old man ditches you come back to solo for a good cry.

Reckon me never seen a fan board or website with so many negative options to rate a post. Usually it's just a "like" button. At least 70% of the posters on this site are Anonymous cowards. They think that posting Anonymous will make them less easier to find when they threaten people's lives like saying I hope your family burns in hell and get cancer, which is allowed here. The IP hash that is posted is the easiest way to find someone.

Wish a great night to everyone who's going to attend the show, looking forward to some video - I really want to be sure that M. is OK and his voice recuperated.

Wish a great night to everyone who's going to attend the show, looking forward to some video - I really want to be sure that M. is OK and his voice recuperated.

Agreed - best of luck to everyone with tix for tonight. Looking forward to pics and video clips.

Reckon me never seen a fan board or website with so many negative options to rate a post. Usually it's just a "like" button. At least 70% of the posters on this site are Anonymous cowards. They think that posting Anonymous will make them less easier to find when they threaten people's lives like saying I hope your family burns in hell and get cancer, which is allowed here. The IP hash that is posted is the easiest way to find someone.

Is there a way to block by IP hash? That would be a nice option short of DavidT banning anonymous posts.

Don't forget to make sure the Lawnmowers wear their 4ck Trump t-Shirts Steve.
Whatever happens just remember to get past the six song/thirty minute routine
(the engine will be ticking over :cool:)

Also back home you're in the public eye again :thumbsup: sky news are reporting you've got the throat cancer again
so we should see a rise in sales and interest.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom