How Bill Cosby was once completely upstaged by Morrissey - and hated it - The Telegraph

How Bill Cosby was once completely upstaged by Morrissey - and hated it.

The Telegraph, 6th, June, 2017:
(by 'Telegraph Reporters').

40203_40202_tonightshow-medium_trans.jpg

Excerpt:
"Morrissey has his admirers, but these days, the 58-year-old generally seen as a bit of an embarrassment.
The lugubriously cool former Smiths frontman might have once made fans happy (in the haze of a drunken hour) - but heaven knows, he’s a miserable sod now. Whether he’s issuing unhelpful, insensitive statements on the recent Manchester attack, comparing the murder of 77 people to “what happens in McDonald's every day”, or describing the Chinese as ”a sub-species”, it’s clear that he long ago crossed the line from being delightfully anti-authority to being offensively anti...well, everyone. And the less said about his 2015 Bulbous Salutation -containing novel List of The Lost the better."

The appearance on the 1991 Carson Show re-examined. Describing Cosby's chagrin and throwing in a summary of Morrissey 'news' for good measure.
Regards,
FWD.
(bonus points to the Telegraph for including 'bulbous salutation').

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon whatever a football "pitch" is, must be big. "Pitch" is not a term used in football, just baseball.
In the country that invented it, baseball doesn't have a 'pitch' - it has a 'field' broken down into the infield (sometimes referred to as the the diamond) and the outfield. I also beg to differ on your point that football (soccer) doesn't have a pitch. If you are talking about about American football (not soccer) then you are even more off base. Never in my 54 years have I heard a natural born American call an American football field a pitch.

In the country that invented it, baseball doesn't have a 'pitch' - it has a 'field' broken down into the infield (sometimes referred to as the the diamond) and the outfield. I also beg to differ on your point that football (soccer) doesn't have a pitch. If you are talking about about American football (not soccer) then you are even more off base. Never in my 54 years have I heard a natural born American call an American football field a pitch.
Pitch is used all the time in the UK when talking about the grass.

"The pitch is in great quality". British football slang.

What a strange artifact this show makes. Carson's petrified shtick reduced to its final creak: Damn kids, get off my lawn! (And soon to vanish with only the rarest whisper before death, after all his years as a America's beloved purveyor of endlessly dull mots.) Cosby, predatorily guffawing, mixing spiked cocktails in his head. And then there is Mozz, transformed from his earthworm Smiths days into a glowing Prozac-era Elvis. Those were still pre-YouTube days and I remember how thrilling it was to catch a glimpse of him on TV.

its amazing how a thirty odd year career can be summed up in three negative statements which have taken place in the last six,seven year.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom